Archive THE BIBLE - Verse by Verse (1 Kings Chapter 1 to 22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 Kings 22:30 (NLT)
The King of Israel said to Jehoshaphat, "As we go into battle, I will disguise myself so no one will recognize me, but you wear your Royal robes." So the King of Israel disguised himself, and they went into battle.

1 Kings 22:32 (NLT)
So when the Aranean chariot commanders saw Jehoshaphat in his royal robes, they went after him. "There is the King of Israe!" they shouted. But when Jehoshaphat called out,

1 Kings 22:34 (NLT)
An Aramean soldier, however, randomly shot an arrow at the Israelite troops and hit the king between the joints of his armor. "Turn the horses and get me out of here!" Ahab groaned to the driver of his chariot. I'm badly wounded!"

1 Kings 22:35 (NLT)
The battle raged on all day and the king remained propped up in his chariot facing the Arameans. The blood from his wounds ran down to the floor of his chariot, and as evening arrived he died.

1 Kings 22:38 (NLT)
Then his chariot was washed beside the the pool of Samaria, and dogs came and licked his blood at the place where prostitutes bathed, just as the LORD had promised.

1 Kings 22:39 (NLT)
The rest of the events in Ahab's reign and everything he did, including the story of the ivory palace and the towns he built are recorded in the Book of the History of the Kings of Israel.

1 Kings 22:43 (NLT)

43 Jehoshaphat was a good king, following the example of his father, Asa. He did what was pleasing in the LORD’s sight. During his reign, however, he failed to remove all the pagan shrines, and the people still offered sacrifices and burned incense there.

Status
Not open for further replies.