THE BIBLE - Verse by Verse (Ezekiel Chapter 1 to 20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ezekiel 13:19 (NLT) - 19 You bring shame on me among my people for a few handfuls of barley or a piece of bread. By lying to my people who love to listen to lies, you kill those who should not die, and you promise life to those who should not live.

Ezekiel 13:20 (NLT) - 20 “This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I am against all your magic charms, which you use to ensnare my people like birds. I will tear them from your arms, setting my people free like birds set free from a cage.

Ezekiel 13:21 (NLT) - 21 I will tear off the magic veils and save my people from your grasp. They will no longer be your victims. Then you will know that I am the Lord.

Ezekiel 13:22 (NLT) - 22 You have discouraged the righteous with your lies, but I didn’t want them to be sad. And you have encouraged the wicked by promising them life, even though they continue in their sins

Ezekiel 13:23 (NLT) - 23 Because of all this, you will no longer talk of seeing visions that you never saw, nor will you make predictions. For I will rescue my people from your grasp. Then you will know that I am the Lord.”

Ezekiel 14:3 (NLT) - 3 “Son of man, these leaders have set up idols in their hearts. They have embraced things that will make them fall into sin. Why should I listen to their requests?

Ezekiel 14:4 (NLT) - 4 Tell them, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: The people of Israel have set up idols in their hearts and fallen into sin, and then they go to a prophet asking for a message. So I, the Lord, will give them the kind of answer their great idolatry deserves.

Ezekiel 14:5 (NLT) - 5 I will do this to capture the minds and hearts of all my people who have turned from me to worship their detestable idols.’

Ezekiel 14:7 (NLT)

7 I, the Lord, will answer all those, both Israelites and foreigners, who reject me and set up idols in their hearts and so fall into sin, and who then come to a prophet asking for my advice.

Ezekiel 14:9 (NLT) - 9 “‘And if a prophet is deceived into giving a message, it is because I, the Lord, have deceived that prophet. I will lift my fist against such prophets and cut them off from the community of Israel.

Ezekiel 14:11 (NLT) - 11 In this way, the people of Israel will learn not to stray from me, polluting themselves with sin. They will be my people, and I will be their God. I, the Sovereign Lord, have spoken!’”

Ezekiel 14:13 (NLT)

13 “Son of man, suppose the people of a country were to sin against me, and I lifted my fist to crush them, cutting off their food supply and sending a famine to destroy both people and animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back