THE BIBLE - Verse by Verse (Ezekiel Chapter 1 to 20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ezekiel 16:5 (NLT) - 5 No one had the slightest interest in you; no one pitied you or cared for you. On the day you were born, you were unwanted, dumped in a field and left to die.

Ezekiel 16:8 (NLT) - 8 And when I passed by again, I saw that you were old enough for love. So I wrapped my cloak around you to cover your nakedness and declared my marriage vows. I made a covenant with you, says the Sovereign Lord, and you became mine.

Ezekiel 16:10 (NLT)
I gave you expensive clothing of fine linen and silk, beautifully embroidered,
and sandals made of fine goatskin leather.

Ezekiel 16:13 (NLT)
And so you were adorned with gold and silver. Your clothes were made of fine linen and costly fabric, and were beautifully embroidered. You ate the finest foods__choice flour, honey, and olive oil__and became more beautiful than ever. You looked like a queen, and so you were.

Ezekiel 16:14 (NLT)
Your fame soon spread throughout the world because of your beauty. I dressed you in my splendour and perfected your beauty, says the Sovereign LORD.

Ezekiel 16:15 (NLT) - 15 “But you thought your fame and beauty were your own. So you gave yourself as a prostitute to every man who came along. Your beauty was theirs for the asking.

Ezekiel 16:16 (NLT) - 16 You used the lovely things I gave you to make shrines for idols, where you played the prostitute. Unbelievable! How could such a thing ever happen?

Ezekiel 16:17 (NLT) - 17 You took the very jewels and gold and silver ornaments I had given you and made statues of men and worshiped them. This is adultery against me!

Ezekiel 16:18 (NLT) - 18 You used the beautifully embroidered clothes I gave you to dress your idols. Then you used my special oil and my incense to worship them.

Ezekiel 16:19 (NLT) - 19 Imagine it! You set before them as a sacrifice the choice flour, olive oil, and honey I had given you, says the Sovereign Lord.

Ezekiel 16:20 (NLT) - 20 “Then you took your sons and daughters—the children you had borne to me—and sacrificed them to your gods. Was your prostitution not enough?

Ezekiel 16:22 (NLT) - 22 In all your years of adultery and detestable sin, you have not once remembered the days long ago when you lay naked in a field, kicking about in your own blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back