THE BIBLE - Verse by Verse (Ezekiel Chapter 1 to 20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ezekiel 16:25 (NLT)
On every street corner you defiled your beauty, offering your beauty to every passerby, in an endless stream of prostitution .

Ezekiel 16:27 (NLT) - 27 That is why I struck you with my fist and reduced your boundaries. I handed you over to your enemies, the Philistines, and even they were shocked by your lewd conduct.

Ezekiel 16:28 (NLT) - 28 You have prostituted yourself with the Assyrians, too. It seems you can never find enough new lovers! And after your prostitution there, you still were not satisfied.

Ezekiel 16:29 (NLT) - 29 You added to your lovers by embracing Babylonia, the land of merchants, but you still weren’t satisfied.

Ezekiel 16:30 (NLT) - 30 “What a sick heart you have, says the Sovereign Lord, to do such things as these, acting like a shameless prostitute.

Ezekiel 16:31 (NLT) - 31 You build your pagan shrines on every street corner and your altars to idols in every square. In fact, you have been worse than a prostitute, so eager for sin that you have not even demanded payment.

Ezekiel 16:33 (NLT) - 33 Prostitutes charge for their services—but not you! You give gifts to your lovers, bribing them to come and have sex with you.

Ezekiel 16:36 (NLT)
This is what the Soveriegn LORD says: 'Because you have poured out your lust and exposed yourself in prostitution to all your lovers, and because you have worshipped your detestable idols, and because you have slaughtered your children as sacrifices to you gods,

Ezekiel 16:37 (NLT)
This is what I am going to do. I will gather together all your allies__the lovers with whom you have sinned, both those you loved and those you hated__ and I will strip you naked in front of them so that they can stare at you.

Ezekiel 16:39 (NLT)
Then I will hand you over to these many nations who are your lovers, and they will destroy you. They will knock down your pagan shrines and the altars to your idols. They will strip you and take your beautiful jewels, leaving you stark naked.

Ezekiel 16:41 (NLT)
They will burn your homes and punish you in front of many women. I will stop your prostitution and end your payments to your many lovers.

Ezekiel 16:42 (NLT) - 42 “Then at last my fury against you will be spent, and my jealous anger will subside. I will be calm and will not be angry with you anymore.

Ezekiel 16:43 (NLT) - 43 But first, because you have not remembered your youth but have angered me by doing all these evil things, I will fully repay you for all of your sins, says the Sovereign Lord. For you have added lewd acts to all your detestable sins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back