Archive THE BIBLE - Verse by Verse (Jeremiah Chapter 1 to 52)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeremiah 22:15 (NLT) - 15 But a beautiful cedar palace does not make a great king! Your father, Josiah, also had plenty to eat and drink. But he was just and right in all his dealings. That is why God blessed him.

Jeremiah 22:16 (NLT) - 16 He gave justice and help to the poor and needy, and everything went well for him. Isn’t that what it means to know me?” says the Lord.

Jeremiah 22:17 (NLT) - 17 “But you! You have eyes only for greed and dishonesty! You murder the innocent, oppress the poor, and reign ruthlessly.”

Jeremiah 22:18 (NLT) - 18 Therefore, this is what the LORD says about Jehoiakim, son of King Josiah: “The people will not mourn for him, crying to one another, ‘Alas, my brother! Alas, my sister!’ His subjects will not mourn for him, crying, ‘Alas, our master is dead! Alas, his splendor is gone!’

Jeremiah 22:19 (NLT) - 19 He will be buried like a dead donkey—dragged out of Jerusalem and dumped outside the gates!

Jeremiah 22:20 (NLT) - 20 Weep for your allies in Lebanon. Shout for them in Bashan. Search for them in the regions east of the river. See, they are all destroyed. Not one is left to help you.

Jeremiah 22:21 (NLT) - 21 I warned you when you were prosperous, but you replied, ‘Don’t bother me.’ You have been that way since childhood—you simply will not obey me!

Jeremiah 22:22 (NLT) - 22 And now the wind will blow away your allies. All your friends will be taken away as captives. Surely then you will see your wickedness and be ashamed.

Jeremiah 22:23 (NLT) - 23 It may be nice to live in a beautiful palace paneled with wood from the cedars of Lebanon, but soon you will groan with pangs of anguish—anguish like that of a woman in labor.

Jeremiah 22:24 (NLT)
"As surely as I live," says the LORD, "I will abandon you Jehoiachin son of Jehoiakim, King of Judah. Even if you were the signet ring on my right hand, I would pull you off.

Jeremiah 22:25 (NLT)
I will hand you over to those who seek to kill you. Those you most desperately fear__to King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon and the mighty Babylonian army.

Jeremiah 22:26 (NLT)
I will expel you and your mother from this land, and you will die in a foreign country not in your native land.

Jeremiah 22:28 (NLT)
"Why is this man Jehoiachin like a discarded broken jar?
Why are he and his children to be exiled to a foreign land?

Jeremiah 22:30 (NLT)
This is what the LORD says:
Let the records show that this man
Jehoiachin was childless.
He is a failure,
for none of his children will succeed him
on the throne of David
to rule over Judah.

Jeremiah 23:1 (NLT)
"What sorrow awaits the leaders of my people__the shepherds of my sheep__for they have destroyed and scattered the very ones they were expected to care for," says the LORD.

Jeremiah 23:2 (NLT)
Therefore, this is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says to these shepherds:
"Instead of caring for my flock and leading them to safety, you have deserted them and driven them to destruction. Now I will pour out judgement on you for the evil you have done to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back