Archive THE BIBLE - Verse by Verse (Jeremiah Chapter 1 to 52)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeremiah 27:12 (NLT)
Then I repeated this same message to King Zedekiah of Judah. "If you want to live, submit to the yoke of King of Babylon and his people.

Jeremiah 27:13 (NLT)
Why do you insist on dying __you and your people? Why should you choose war, famine, and disease, which the LORD shall bring to every nation which refuses to submit to Babylon's king?

Jeremiah 27:14 (NLT)
Do not listen to the false prophets who keep telling you, 'The King of Babylon will not conquer you.' They are liars.

Jeremiah 27:15 (NLT)
This is what the LORD says: "I have not sent these prophets! They are telling you lies in my name, so I will try to you from this land. You will all die__ you and these prophets too."

Jeremiah 27:16 (NLT) - 16 Then I spoke to the priests and the people and said, “This is what the Lord says: ‘Do not listen to your prophets who claim that soon the gold articles taken from my Temple will be returned from Babylon. It is all a lie!

Jeremiah 27:17 (NLT) - 17 Do not listen to them. Surrender to the king of Babylon, and you will live. Why should this whole city be destroyed?

Jeremiah 27:18 (NLT) - 18 If they really are prophets and speak the Lord's messages, let them pray to the Lord of Heaven’s Armies. Let them pray that the articles remaining in the Lord's Temple and in the king’s palace and in the palaces of Jerusalem will not be carried away to Babylon!’

Jeremiah 27:19 (NLT) - 19 “For the Lord of Heaven’s Armies has spoken about the pillars in front of the Temple, the great bronze basin called the Sea, the water carts, and all the other ceremonial articles.

Jeremiah 27:20 (NLT) - 20 King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon left them here when he exiled Jehoiachin son of Jehoiakim, king of Judah, to Babylon, along with all the other nobles of Judah and Jerusalem.

Jeremiah 27:21 (NLT) - 21 Yes, this is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, the God of Israel, says about the precious things still in the Temple and in the palace of Judah’s king:

Jeremiah 27:22 (NLT) - 22 They will all be carried away to Babylon and will stay there until I send for them,’ says the Lord. ‘Then I will bring them back to Jerusalem again.’”

Jeremiah 28:1 (NLT) - 1 One day in late summer of that same year—the fourth year of the reign of Zedekiah, king of Judah—Hananiah son of Azzur, a prophet from Gibeon, addressed me publicly in the Temple while all the priests and people listened. He said,

Jeremiah 28:2 (NLT) - 2 “This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, the God of Israel, says: ‘I will remove the yoke of the king of Babylon from your necks.

Jeremiah 28:3 (NLT)
Within two years I will bring back all the Temple treasures that King Nebuchadnezzar carried off to Babýlon.

Jeremiah 28:4 (NLT)
And I will bring back Jehoiachin son of Jehoiakim king of Judah, and all of the other captives who were taken to Babylon. I will surely break the yoke that the king of Babylon has put on your necks. I the LORD have spoken!"

Jeremiah 28:6 (NLT)
He said "Amen! May your prophecies come true! I hope the LORD does everything you say. I hope he does bring back from Babylon the treasures of this temple and all the captives.

Jeremiah 28:8 (NLT)
The ancient prophets who preceded you and me apoke against many nations always warning of war, disaster and disease.

Jeremiah 28:9 (NLT)
So a prophet who predicts peace must show that he is right. Only when his predictions come true do we know he is from the Lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back