Archive THE BIBLE - Verse by Verse (Jeremiah Chapter 1 to 52)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeremiah 39:8 (NLT)
Meanwhile the Babylonians burned Jerusale, including the royal palace and the houses of the people, and they tore down the walls of the city.

Jeremiah 39:9 (NLT)
Then Nebuzaradan, the captain of the guard, took as exiles to Babylon the rest of the people who remained in the city, those who had defected to him, and everyone else who remained.

Jeremiah 39:10 (NLT)
But Nebuzaradan allowed some of the poorest people to stay behind in the land of Judah, and he has signed them to care for the vineyards and fields.

Jeremiah 39:14 (NLT)

14 sent messengers to bring Jeremiah out of the prison. They put him under the care of Gedaliah son of Ahikam and grandson of Shaphan, who took him back to his home. So Jeremiah stayed in Judah among his own people.

Jeremiah 39:16 (NLT) - 16 “Say to Ebed-melech the Ethiopian, ‘This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, the God of Israel, says: I will do to this city everything I have threatened. I will send disaster, not prosperity. You will see its destruction,

Jeremiah 39:18 (NLT) - 18 Because you trusted me, I will give you your life as a reward. I will rescue you and keep you safe. I, the Lord, have spoken!’”

Jeremiah 40:1 (NLT)
The LORD gave a message to Jeremiah after Nebuzaradan, the captain of the guard, had released at Ramah. He had found Jeremiah bound in chains among the other captives of Jerusalem and Judah who were being sent in exile to Babylon.

Jeremiah 40:3 (NLT) - 3 just as he said he would. For these people have sinned against the Lord and disobeyed him. That is why it happened.

Jeremiah 40:4 (NLT)
But I am going to take off your chains and let you go. If you want to come with me to Babylon, you are welcome. I will see that you are well cared for. But if you don't want to come you may stay here. The whole land is before you __ go wherever you like.

Jeremiah 40:5 (NLT)
if you decide to stay then return to Gedaliah son of Ahikam and grandson of Shaphan. He has been appointed governor of Judah by the King of Babylon. Stay there with the people he rules. But it's up to you go wherever you like."

Then Nebuzaradan, the captain of the guard, gave Jeremiah some food and some money, and let him go.

Jeremiah 40:7 (NLT)

7 The leaders of the Judean guerrilla bands in the countryside heard that the king of Babylon had appointed Gedaliah son of Ahikam as governor over the poor people who were left behind in Judah—the men, women, and children who hadn’t been exiled to Babylon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back