Archive THE BIBLE - Verse by Verse (Jeremiah Chapter 1 to 52)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeremiah 41:16 (NLT) - 16 Then Johanan son of Kareah and the other guerrilla leaders took all the people they had rescued in Gibeon—the soldiers, women, children, and court officials whom Ishmael had captured after he killed Gedaliah.

Jeremiah 41:17 (NLT) - 17 They took them all to the village of Geruth-kimham near Bethlehem, where they prepared to leave for Egypt.

Jeremiah 41:18 (NLT) - 18 They were afraid of what the Babylonians would do when they heard that Ishmael had killed Gedaliah, the governor appointed by the Babylonian king.

Jeremiah 42:1 (NLT) - 1 Then all the guerrilla leaders, including Johanan son of Kareah and Jezaniah son of Hoshaiah, and all the people, from the least to the greatest, approached

Jeremiah 42:2 (NLT) - 2 Jeremiah the prophet. They said, “Please pray to the Lord your God for us. As you can see, we are only a tiny remnant compared to what we were before.

Jeremiah 42:4 (NLT)
"All Right," Jeremiah replied, "I Will pray to the LORD your God, as you have asked, and I will tell you everything he says. I world hide nothing from you."

Jeremiah 42:5 (NLT)
Then they said to Jeremiah, "May the LORD be a faithful witness against us if we refuse to obey anything that he tells us to do!

Jeremiah 42:6 (NLT)
Whether we like it or not we will obey the Lord our God to whom we are sending you with our plea. For if we obey him everything will turn out well for us.

Jeremiah 42:8 (NLT)
So he called for Johanan son of Kareah and the other military leaders, and for all the people from the least to the greatest.

Jeremiah 42:10 (NLT)
'Stay here in this land. If you do I will build you up and not tear you down; I will plant you and not uproot you. For for I am sorry about all the punishment I have had to bring upon you.

Jeremiah 42:11 (NLT)
Do not fear the king of Bavylon anymore' says the LORD. 'For I am with you and will save you and rescue you from his power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back