The Blood of Jesus

The Blood of Jesus

Matthew 26:28For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

This was a blood covenant between us and God and that is why trying to preach the gospel without the preaching about the blood is not the true the gospel and is powerless. If the blood of Jesus is left out then we are still in our sins and not a child of God.

When Adam and Eve sinned He sacrificed an animal which was possibly a lamb that shed its life's blood to cover their sin. Of course that was a type of God giving His Son as a sacrifice, Christ giving His life and blood to pay for our sin.

Hebrews 9:22Without the shedding of blood there would be no remissions for my sins.

Heb 10:4For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

Jesus was perfect, without sin and only His sinless blood can cleanses us from sin.

Romans 5:8But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 9Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

1 Peter 1:18Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; 19But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot

Hebrews 9:14How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Ephesians 2:13But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ

Revelation 1:5And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, 6And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen..

The blood of Jesus Christ will never lose the power to cleanse us from all sin.

Revelation 7:14And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Revelation 12:11And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Leviticus 17:11For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

The high priest of the Old Testament would take the blood into the holy place and make atonement for the people. In John 20:17 Jesus appeared to Mary and told her not to touch Him, for He had not yet ascended to offer His sinless blood to Father in Heaven.

Hebrews 9:12 He used his own blood, not the blood of goats and bulls, for the sacrifice. He went into the most holy place and offered this sacrifice one and for all to free us forever.

Unless we partake of Jesus, receive the blood sacrifice of Messiah, we do not have eternal life within us, for that life is in Jesus

John 6:53So Jesus said again, "I assure you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you cannot have eternal life within you. 54 But those who eat my flesh and drink my blood have eternal life, and I will raise them at the last day.55 For my flesh is the true food, and my blood is the true drink.56 All who eat my flesh and drink my blood remain in me, and I in them.57 I live by the power of the living Father who sent me; in the same way, those who partake of me will live because of me.

1 John 5:11And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life

Thanks for this .thread.

Yes the Blood of Jesus is so important in our salvation and as stated before : it is not spoken of as often any more in churches . We need to understand the significance …

The Blood sacrifices as we all know go back to the OT and God asked to people to sacrifice a spotless lamb for the atonement of their sins … The burnt offerings showed the person’s devotion to God and that is why a perfect lamb needed to be slaughtered.

Thankfully we do not have to do all these offering because Christ’s sacrifice on the cross has completely made up for every possible type of sin . To me Christ came not to change the standard of inner purity and holy living but to make holy living possible to achieve.

Because the Blood is spoken of so often in the old and new testament it is a vital part of the Bible that cannot be ignored . Blood is the lifeline of our body and if we did not have blood we could not live. Similarly The Blood of the Lamb slain for our sins is our lifeline and access to the throne of Grace through Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour. When blood is shed , life is terminated . Similarly when we are separated from God we are dead in the Spirit .and we will reap eternal damnation Ultimately Jesus provides spiritual sustenance though the shedding of His Blood on the Cross of Calvary . sand protects us from being corrupted by sin

The point in the OT was that blood was restricted because it pointed to the Messiah’s atonement for sin .The bloodshed of sacrifices in the OT was in a way appeasing God’s wrath , but did not remove the sin . All the sacrifices in the OT pointed to the perfect sacrifice of Christ . that needed to follow in the NT

Because of the sinfulness of people in the OT and the problems with the Old Covenant the people could not live up to God’s standards . This was never what God had in His mind as the solution to restore fellowship with Him and His solution has always been Jesus death and resurrection .

Forgiveness is only achieved with the shedding of blood . The shedding of blood is a condition of God accepting a worshipper’s presence .

We are reminded that because of Jesus sacrifice that peace and fellowship with God come only through the Blood of Jesus . We need to thank God for the benefits already received .

Why do you think that God wanted us to read all these sacrifices in the OT ? I think it was so show that all these descriptions remain for all time to allow us to realize the significance of the change provided for us in Jesus

Now we can say the New System of sacrifice is permanent …. Hebrews 7:21 …..but he became a priest with an oath when God said to him:
"The Lord has sworn
and will not change his mind:
'You are a priest forever

Hebrew 10:4 …..because it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

Hebrews 9:28…….. so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

In conclusion the Blood of the Lamb was slain as a solution to atone for our sins . We should not take the Blood lightly .

Hebrews 9

9:8The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing

No one but priests could enter into the Holy of Holies. Jesus entered in and presented His blood to the Father (vs 12). Much of what we do here is symbolic of what is done in Heaven.

15And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

23It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. 24For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us

The priest no longer offers the blood to temporarily atone for sin, but now once and for all Jesus offered HIMSELF, His own blood as a sacrifice for us

26For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. 27And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: 28So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

We receive Him as the sacrifice that cleanses us from all sin. He is coming for those who watch for Him.

Hebrews 10

10:10By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

His body was bruised and broken, now veil in temple was torn.

Matthew 27:51And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent

19Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus 20By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh

12But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God

We have gone from death to life, for the life is in the blood, HIS eternal life. The blood of Jesus is ESSENTIAL for our salvation

Heb 9:18Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood.

Leviticus 17:11For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Heb 9:14How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Romans 8:1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

The Blood sacrifices as we all know go back to the OT and God asked to people to sacrifice a spotless lamb for the atonement of their sins …

Because this was symbolic of Jesus who was perfect and would be the perfect sacrifice, this is why only a perfect sacrifice would be acceptable

The bloodshed of sacrifices in the OT is in some way some way appeasing God’s wrath , but does not remove the sin

Hebrews 9:2525Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others

Blood is the lifeline of our body and if we did not have blood we could not live. Similarly The Blood of the Lamb slain for our sins is our lifeline and access to the throne of Grace through Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour. When blood is shed , life is terminated

Leviticus 17:14For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life thereof: therefore I said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall eat the blood of no manner of flesh: for the life of all flesh is the blood thereof: whosoever eateth it shall be cut off.

To me Christ came not to change the standard of inner purity and holy living but to make holy living possible to achieve
---

Because of the sinfulness of people in the OT and the problems with the Old Covenant the people could not live up to God’s standards . This was never what God had in His mind as the solution to restore fellowship with Him and His solution has always been Jesus death and resurrection .

Even now an unbeliever cannot do anything but sin for that is in their nature. But because of the blood of Jesus that bondage to sin is broken and we can say no to sin and be victorious over it. Sin does not have to reign in our body anymore alive unto God (Rom 6:11-12)

Forgiveness is only achieved with the shedding of blood . The shedding of blood is a condition of God accepting a worshipper’s presence .

God accepts us when we accept the blood sacrifice of His Son for the forgiveness of sin

:amen::amen::jesus-cross::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:
God accepts us when we accept the blood sacrifice of His Son for the forgiveness of sin

Amen... At the cross ... at the cross where I first where I first saw the light .... Alas ! and did my Saviour bleed. and did my Sov'reign die . Would He devote that sacred head for such a worm as I ?

Hebrews 9:22Without the shedding of blood there would be no remissions for my sins.
---

---

Revelation 1:5And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood

Thanks GodSpeaks ....

That was very hard to watch . I had a hard time watching the movie as well . I was crying all the way through . We have no idea what Jesus went through for us .

24to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel...... Hebrews 12:24

Nothing can overcome or defeat the Blood. Nothing can change that! This is why we continually apply the Blood. We know that it is working right now. We don't have to understand how it works but just believe that it does! Only believe ....

And they overcame him by the Blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
(Rev. 12:11 KJV)

Yes all the songs that we sing about the Blood of the Lamb are powerful and maybe that's why we don't sing them any more . The Blood defeats the devil in his tracks When the devil comes against you, hold up your Bible and say to him, "Devil, I want you to see this. This is God's everlasting Blood Covenant that Jesus cut for me. Christ's righteousness has been imparted to me. All God's power and blessings are mine. I command and charge you, satan, look at that Blood. You are already defeated. Satan knows his destiny and he also knows he is defeated .

Church we have got the power and it is in the precious Blood of the Lamb .

Yes, the Blood of Jesus Christ speaks to you today, It cries out--

You are justified.
You are redeemed.
You have peace.
You are God's property.
You have eternal salvation.
You are clean.
You are washed.
And you have victory.

Claim it and name it and watch it work .... Amen, Praise the Lord.

When the devil comes against you, hold up your Bible and say to him, "Devil, I want you to see this. This is God's everlasting Blood Covenant that Jesus cut for me. Christ's righteousness has been imparted to me. All God's power and blessings are mine. I command and charge you, satan, look at that Blood. You are already defeated. Satan knows his destiny and he also knows he is defeated .

Church we have got the power and it is in the precious Blood of the Lamb .

Yes, the Blood of Jesus Christ speaks to you today, It cries out--
You are justified.
You are redeemed.
You have peace.
You are God's property.
You have eternal salvation.
You are clean.
You are washed.
And you have victory.

Claim it and name it and watch it work .... Amen, Praise the Lord.

:amen: Amen !

Preach it preach it! :preach:

Colossians 1:13

[The Father] has delivered and [a]drawn us to Himself out of the control and the dominion of darkness and has transferred us into the kingdom of the Son [b]of His love,
14In Whom we have our redemption through His blood, [which means] the forgiveness of our sins.

Colossians 2:15
[God] disarmed the principalities and powers that were ranged against us and made a bold display and public example of them, in triumphing over them in Him and in it [the cross].

Matthew 27:26Then released he Barabbas unto them: and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered him to be crucified.
27Then the soldiers of the governor took Jesus into the common hall, and gathered unto him the whole band of soldiers.
28And they stripped him, and put on him a scarlet robe.
29And when they had platted a crown of thorns, they put it upon his head, and a reed in his right hand: and they bowed the knee before him, and mocked him, saying, Hail, King of the Jews!
30And they spit upon him, and took the reed, and smote him on the head.
31And after that they had mocked him, they took the robe off from him, and put his own raiment on him, and led him away to crucify him.

The scourge was a whip with nine leather straps embedded in marble sized iron pellets. At the tip of the strap were razor sharp metal hooks that would slice into the skin and hook into the flesh. The blood He shed as these stripes were made on his back paid for our healing.

1 Peter 2:24Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed

Isaiah 53:5But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our guilt and iniquities; the chastisement [needful to obtain] peace and well-being for us was upon Him, and with the stripes[that wounded] Himwe are healed and made whole.

The blood He shed as these stripes were made on his back paid for our healing.

Without the shedding of His Blood there would be no remission of sin .

Isaiah 53:5But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our guilt and iniquities; the chastisement [needful to obtain] peace and well-being for us was upon Him, and with the stripes[that wounded] Himwe are healed and made whole.

Let that sink into your spirit .... We are healed and made whole in Jesus Christ . He did it all for us . He was mocked , He was bruised , He was spat upon , and He did not utter a word . He did all that for you and me . What a Saviour ... He even had to endure His Father turning his back on Him all because of our sin . He was sinless and He bore our sin that we might become whole and have eternal life with Him forever . That is so exciting . Just to think we will be with Him forever .

Ephesians 2:13
But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ

1 John 1:7
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

Not for merit was salvation
the promise was to all who looked
to look is surely within the power of everyone
look and you are saved from despair
saved from cares and worries
to look is to find peace beyond all understanding
God understood ALL WE NEEDED !
and supplied it generously
mercy prevails

Not for merit was salvation
the promise was to all who looked
to look is surely within the power of everyone
look and you are saved from despair
saved from cares and worries
to look is to find peace beyond all understanding
God understood ALL WE NEEDED !
and supplied it generously
mercy prevails

Exactly . We are not worthy . But in God's great mercy and grace , He sent His precious Son , Jesus to give us a hope and a promise . Giod knew our hearts right form the beginning of time . If a God who knows even how many hairs we have on our head , knows us even before we were knit in our mother's womb , knows when a tiny sparrow falls to the ground ,: how much more does He love us ?

What an awesome God . You are awesome in this place precious , Jesus . By Your Blood shed for us we have freedom .Christ sets us free from our sin and weaknesses .

Galations 5:1 .... Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage

Psalm 66:5
Come and see what God has done, how awesome his works in man's behalf!

Psalm 68:35
You are awesome, O God, in your sanctuary; the God of Israel gives power and strength to his people. Praise be to God!

Back