The direction of CCM music

hmm maybe the crowd were needy... they needed to be entertained.
Sometimes theres actually not much to do in some towns and it's really boring. Especially for young people...and then they get in trouble with drugs and alcohol and gangs instead.
Well that’s interesting considering it’s the larger cities with the concentration of drugs and gangs.

they are quick to retort, "Don't preach to me bro".
of course they do the preaching of the cross is foolishness to the Lost .yes i realize more than our youth . we pick someone cool to be the youth leader . one can be cool and still share the gospel. i am 100% all CCM in a church service, i am all for a mixture of traditional and c c m

of course they do the preaching of the cross is foolishness to the Lost .yes i realize more than our youth . we pick someone cool to be the youth leader . one can be cool and still share the gospel. i am 100% all CCM in a church service, i am all for a mixture of traditional and c c m

Thank you, forgiven;

Good point and it does give an old school Christian musician (me) much to think about.

Andy Park - We Will Ride, Kevin Prosch - So Come, Brian Doerksen - Faithful One, Carl Tuttle - I worship You, Eddy Espinosa - Change My Heart, Oh God, Danny Daniels - Wounded Soldier
Hello Oblio;

I know these musicians and actually played some of them while in the praise and worship team back in the 90's.

For some reason, I always like “Day by Day” from Godspell. There’s some decent modern stuff, like “Reckless Love” and “What a Beautiful Name.” I think it’s more of the Lauren Daigal type stuff I’m not a big fan of.
But it’s interesting to consider if your taste in Christian music differs depending on where you are in your walk. If modern music opens the door for future believers, I’m all for it even if it’s not my cup of tea! As long as it’s biblically sound, of course.

Hello Skipper;

We sang Day By Day when we did the musical Godspell back in high school. Timeless! The Scripture is Psalm 96.

The song, What A Beautiful Name, can you provide me the YouTube link?

Hello Oblio;

I know these musicians and actually played some of them while in the praise and worship team back in the 90's.

Hello Skipper;

We sang Day By Day when we did the musical Godspell back in high school. Timeless! The Scripture is Psalm 96.

Cool! These guys used to play at local Vineyards back in the 90s.

I don't know if they still have it now, but I remember being invited to a Christian outdoor music festival called Parachute, mostly young people went during the summer and they camped there.
At the time I had no idea who the bands were and I wasn't even a christian then, so I didn't understand what it was all about tho some of the people there were really friendly and nice, because it was out in the country tho I actually sadly experienced some of their racism and xenophobia as well.

Apparently some christians didn't believe that anyone who wasn't white could associate with them or talk to them...but maybe they had just never actually seen anyone unlike them before. Out in the country in some areas its easy to believe you are in a white bread world. I can't think of any other reason. I was just chatting to some people through a tent at night. They had never met me before. We were having quite and interesting, maybe even spiritual conversation and then I opened the tent and came out to meet them and then I heard them actually say/gasp 'She's a...' you know, one of THEM

And then they just stopped talking to me and snobbed me.

I felt a bit like I had the mark of Cain lol

But don't worry God made it right and I forgave them their ignorance I mean what can you do.

I don't know if they still have it now, but I remember being invited to a Christian outdoor music festival called Parachute, mostly young people went during the summer and they camped there. At the time I had no idea who the bands were and I wasn't even a christian then, so I didn't understand what it was all about tho some of the people there were really friendly and nice, because it was out in the country tho I actually sadly experienced some of their racism and xenophobia as well. Apparently some christians didn't believe that anyone who wasn't white could associate with them or talk to them...but maybe they had just never actually seen anyone unlike them before. Out in the country in some areas its easy to believe you are in a white bread world. I can't think of any other reason. I was just chatting to some people through a tent at night. They had never met me before. We were having quite and interesting, maybe even spiritual conversation and then I opened the tent and came out to meet them and then I heard them actually say/gasp 'She's a...' you know, one of THEM And then they just stopped talking to me and snobbed me.

Hey Lanolin;

By chance did a Christian band called Parachute lead the praise and worship? They're from New Zealand.

Yes, unfortunately there are still shallow hearts in some Christians and it can stem from the lack of grounding from their parents or church leadership.

Your forgiveness has gone a long way with Christ. 😇

Um I remember they had lots of different bands. I cannot remember any of their names sorry.
It was sort of like the Big Day Out or Splore but it was Christian...mostly young people. And nobody was drinking alcohol or doing drugs.

I thought they'd have gospel songs or spiritual songs but it wasn't really like that. It just sounded like ordinary music but with christian lyrics. some of it was rock, and some was hip hop and all of it was LOUD. I also remember it being quite expensive. And I wanted to go home. I wasn't used to all the crowds, noise (and the racism). I also remember I lost my shoes there. It was nice to see my friend and share a tent with her, I tried to make other friends but I could tell they didn't really know what to make of me and nobody spoke to me on the way home.

Hey Lanolin;

By chance did a Christian band called Parachute lead the praise and worship? They're from New Zealand.

Yes, unfortunately there are still shallow hearts in some Christians and it can stem from the lack of grounding from their parents or church leadership.

Your forgiveness has gone a long way with Christ. 😇

Amen...........Right there is the problem.

"shallow hearts in some Christians and it can stem from the lack of grounding from their parents or church leadership."

"SEMONITTES from shallow Preachers leads to "CHRISTIANITTES".

. i am 100% all CCM in a church service
that should read i am not 100% all CCM in a church service. the hymns have a background of something that took place amazing grace it is well . when we forget our heritage though song. we are losing a value .. i remember back when i did youth ministry .. we use to sing shout to the Lord. loved that song but you seldom hear it these songs hit the charts then faded away . i also love the song my chains are gone i been set free. we dont hear that song much any more.. my point is your hymns has stood the test of time and been around for many years.. we can combine hymns and ccm . i just dont agree with traditional services and contemporary services . it creates division s,r citizens vs youth .

i realize this is not popular but then again 30 years ago lgbt was a word for same sex marriage or preaching was never heard off. the Church has compromised its self.

When I was in the Christian Reformed and Vineyard churches, the rich worship was a blend of hymns and contemporary songs.
God Himself Is With Us is one of my favorite songs. I guess Vineyard's not so new, either. Oh, man, where did the time go? Lol

Hello Oblio;

Hello Skipper;

Sure! Hopefully this works:

It’s by Hillsong which is most definitely probably the biggest CCM producer out there and has had their share of controversy of late. I just really enjoy this song and the crescendo.

Sure! Hopefully this works:

It’s by Hillsong which is most definitely probably the biggest CCM producer out there and has had their share of controversy of late. I just really enjoy this song and the crescendo.

I have to say this song is one that tapped into most of the historic beliefs of Christian faith. It is utterly different from Daigle jazzing about 'Christ being in control even when we don't think He is.' Maybe that's why Daigle's songs have to find the catchiest tune; they can't really draw on doctrinal strength.

Another strange thing that can happen was Enya's version of 'How Can I Keep From Singing?' This was about the mistreatment of Christians by the state churches of Europe, and she turned it into a social justice piece, and changed 'since Christ is Lord of heaven and earth ' to 'since love...'

A project for a video creator: take the theme "The Execution Bannockburn" from BRAVEHEART, and edit together several depictions of Christ's resurrection so that they climax together with the song! No warrior deserved higher honor than Christ!

Back