The eatery and the drinkery

I can't imagine Jesus eating bread and fish PLUS knives and forks and plates for 5000 people. They had baskets of loaves and fish, the fish were probably not huge whoppers but enough to share amongst 2 or 3. And they would have broken the bread with their hands. The bread would have been flatbreads that can double up as bowls/plates.
I wonder what kind of fish they were though?

I went out to a local cafe and the menus had prayers/blessings printed on them. Nice touch.

And Bob, I had a salad! And cold marinated chicken drumstick. It was too hot to eat anything else. I felt sorry for the cooks in the kitchen having to work in this heat.

My friend insisted on shouting me dessert, though I could tell it was so she could have one herself. I have noticed that, but then I'm the same with food, I like to go somewhere so I will shout somebody a dish so I can eat out too, otherwise, I would probably never go out and eat alone. Though I don't actually care too much for dessert, because I tend to feel full after I've already eaten the main meal.

By that time I feel I've been sitting there too long. But how can you tell someone no thanks without being rude? Some people don't or can't eat dairy or they are diabetic so it's no use asking them if they want dessert. Sure they can want it but they might not be allowed to have it.

I'd like to add another food, pistachios. I'm trying to be more careful with what goes in my mouth. So instead of eating chips like doritos, fritos, potato chips, and an assortment of cookies;

I can enjoy a bowl of pistachios, not the whole bag, as a snack. I learned it can reduce the risk of heart disease and low in saturated fat.

However, I still enjoy thick, chocolate cake and Häagen-Dazs ice cream. lol!

Mum's always eating peanut butter. I'm not that much of a fan, so leave it to her. She can go through a jar every two weeks.
She bought some walnuts the other day but if you want to eat them you'll need to crack them and they are pretty hard to crack. Peanuts are easier to shell.

I do like pistachios and cashew nuts. Expensive though.
If you don't buy it then you don't eat it. I wouldn't be more careful about what goes in my mouth, rather, I'd say to whoever is doing the grocery shopping not to buy junk food. Might fall on deaf ears though. Person might buy it and think they being virtuous by not eating it straight away, but if it's there the next day they will eat it!

Mum's always eating peanut butter. I'm not that much of a fan, so leave it to her. She can go through a jar every two weeks.
She bought some walnuts the other day but if you want to eat them you'll need to crack them and they are pretty hard to crack. Peanuts are easier to shell.

I do like pistachios and cashew nuts. Expensive though.
If you don't buy it then you don't eat it. I wouldn't be more careful about what goes in my mouth, rather, I'd say to whoever is doing the grocery shopping not to buy junk food. Might fall on deaf ears though. Person might buy it and think they being virtuous by not eating it straight away, but if it's there the next day they will eat it!

thread made me more hungry... also, thought of - _

I love peanut butter and growing up my Mom always made me peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. There is a type of peanut butter that you have to stir because the peanuts and salt isn't homogenized and this was the way peanut butter was purchase back in the old days.

But at the same time, I have to be careful of my health because it does have sugar, salt and fat contents.

So I was thinking of the brands - Skippy, Jiffy, now I'm hungry and am going to make me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and would love to share with all of you, especially smiley!

yes please, amen!
you are describing Real PB now I want Almond Butter too both are amazing, we're you have to turn the jar and mix it and it gets messy but oh so sooo good, IMHO!
eat it all up lol -
most likely once a day I do, its a love marriage hahahaa and the fat content is one of the healthiest so eat up and enjoy, brings milk to go with it = ahhh feel better 🥛

I don't like fast food. rarely will I go to a fast food place to eat and hardly ever do.
but if I do, I try to find a good Indian, or organic vegan/vegitarian. im not a vegetarian, but I like the restaeaunts where I used to live, they were all organic and healthy and creative.

My wife and I don't do fast food. I have enjoyed Indian food as in the country of India. I enjoy the foods of many countries. Not much for steak, but I do eat it on occasion.

cp

Free school lunches started this week at my school.

Feedback on the first meal was that the children thought the chicken pasta tasted a bit like cardboard. I think it's hard to feed many people at once and keep things tasty. All they needed to add was salt, but I suppose its hard to get the quantities right?

We don't have a dedicated kitchen, it seems we are just getting food delivered.

Back