The End Of Days

So for many years, centuries actually people have said the End of Days was coming "Soon". What does that actually mean for us though? The literal interpretation of 'soon' I would assume would be within our lifetime. However, since people have said 'soon' it's gone through MANY lifetimes with it still being soon.

Sure, I believe that it's coming soon, and it FEELS like it'll be in my lifetime, but is it really? We still have a way to go when you think about it 7 years is a given already as the devil (antichrist) will be here for 7 years trying harder than he ever has before to get people on his side.

According to the scriptures, and all of the things that need to be fulfilled before the End of Days actually comes, how close are we actually? How many things have already been filled and how many are yet to be?

So for many years, centuries actually people have said the End of Days was coming "Soon". What does that actually mean for us though? The literal interpretation of 'soon' I would assume would be within our lifetime. However, since people have said 'soon' it's gone through MANY lifetimes with it still being soon.

Sure, I believe that it's coming soon, and it FEELS like it'll be in my lifetime, but is it really? We still have a way to go when you think about it 7 years is a given already as the devil (antichrist) will be here for 7 years trying harder than he ever has before to get people on his side.

According to the scriptures, and all of the things that need to be fulfilled before the End of Days actually comes, how close are we actually? How many things have already been filled and how many are yet to be?
If I said I'd be back "soon" and it turned out to be just after 2 days, would that be soon? Sure. So you have to understand the meaning with reference to God's timeline. I wrote about one I discovered not too long ago. I hope it helps: http://www.christianforumsite.com/threads/new-timeline.37164/

When you consider your life expectancy to be around 80-90 years, that to me is soon.
Side note: That's crazy isn't it? Our life expectancy is 80-90 years now, but back in the bible days, it was hundreds of years. We as humans really screwed ourselves over.

Side note: That's crazy isn't it? Our life expectancy is 80-90 years now, but back in the bible days, it was hundreds of years. We as humans really screwed ourselves over.

I don't know, living 900 years in a physical body seems brutal to me. I wonder at what age they retired? 800 years old?
I am ready now at 61.

I don't know, living 900 years in a physical body seems brutal to me. I wonder at what age they retired? 800 years old?
I am ready now at 61.
I don't think retirement was a thing back then, was it? Though the way they worked, it was different compared to the way we work now, at least by the sounds of it. Though for some, it was probably far more brutal than anything people put up with now. Everything was outside with no way of cooling off, and in the desert no less.

I don't think retirement was a thing back then, was it? Though the way they worked, it was different compared to the way we work now, at least by the sounds of it. Though for some, it was probably far more brutal than anything people put up with now. Everything was outside with no way of cooling off, and in the desert no less.

Thank God I was not born back then. I need AC and instant burgers! I guess the only fat people were those who lived in castles behind walls. When God limited our life here on earth in physical bodies that was really a part of his mercy. :)

Ok, but if a day is as a thousand years, then the day after tomorrow is soon in God's eyes...
That's true. So when the bible says we will have 1 thousand years of peace, it'll only be a day to God? But since Jesus will be down here with us, will it still be 1,000 years to us, or a day? In that aspect, the bible really confuses me, lol.

That's true. So when the bible says we will have 1 thousand years of peace, it'll only be a day to God? But since Jesus will be down here with us, will it still be 1,000 years to us, or a day? In that aspect, the bible really confuses me, lol.

Surely you must realize that "a day is as one thousand" is only a way of describing that God is outside of time. It isn't meant to be taken literally.

It'll be 1000 years to us and Him, the 7th "day" :)

Surely you must realize that "a day is as one thousand" is only a way of describing that God is outside of time. It isn't meant to be taken literally.
Yes, I know that God is outside of time, but some people are literally saying that 1 day is 1,000 years, so we arenow in the 3rd day, which would mean the world ends before another 1,000 years. But I don't see how people can come to that conclusion if 1 day could also be 10,000 years to God.

Yes, I know that God is outside of time, but some people are literally saying that 1 day is 1,000 years, so we arenow in the 3rd day, which would mean the world ends before another 1,000 years. But I don't see how people can come to that conclusion if 1 day could also be 10,000 years to God.
2 Peter 3:8 (KJV)
But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day [is] with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Psalms 90:4 (KJV)
For a thousand years in thy sight [are but] as yesterday when it is past, and [as] a watch in the night.

Genesis 2:3 (KJV)
And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Revelation 20:6 (KJV)
Blessed and holy [is] he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Matthew 11:15 (KJV)
He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

A good reference is Matthew 24. Jesus is speaking on this subject.
verses :12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.
Many say the gospel has to be printed in all languages for it to be preached in all the world. So that is one sign.
verses:36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only. 37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.
As the days of Noah were... This is a very good clue, one that I pay attention to. Genesis 6:5 Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
and
11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. 12 So God looked upon the earth, and indeed it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way on the earth.

I don't believe we are at this point of violence filling the earth, or that the intent of mankind's heart is only evil continually.
This is what I would look for, and we are headed to it, but we are not there yet. At a minimum, it will come unexpectedly.

44 Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

For me it would mean only one thing.. That I have to be prepared and be ready every minute or second! I think that is what Jesus's point also.. There are going to be signs.. But we must be prepared.. As each day passes, we are one more day closer to His coming :)

When Harold Camping was announcing a date that Jesus is going to return, people did some crazy things..It just blew my mind.. Many families were selling their houses and everything they had.. They were just giving it to their Church or giving everything away.. Because they did not want anything as Christ was coming back.. If we look at the early Church, that is exactly what was happening.. We all know the story of Ananias and Sapphira.. They were doing the very same thing.. It was a great lesson.. I am not saying we should go out and sell everything we have.. But it convicted me on how I should not hold on to the things of this world.. Instead look up to Kingdom of God..

When the fig tree is in leaf know the time is near.
In Biblical symbolism the "fig tree" is Israel, Israel became a nation again (leafed out) in 1948.
A world government is in the making as we speak. It will be this government that the anti-christ takes control of.
The Israelis are ready and set to build the new temple, they already have a "practice temple" built.
After 2000 years the first "red heifer" was born. There's a farmer in the US who now raises quite a few of them.
If the apocalypse has not already started it will within a decade.

When the fig tree is in leaf know the time is near.
In Biblical symbolism the "fig tree" is Israel, Israel became a nation again (leafed out) in 1948.
A world government is in the making as we speak. It will be this government that the anti-christ takes control of.
The Israelis are ready and set to build the new temple, they already have a "practice temple" built.
After 2000 years the first "red heifer" was born. There's a farmer in the US who now raises quite a few of them.
If the apocalypse has not already started it will within a decade.

That world government thing, that most people are calling the "New World Order" seems to be coming VERY soon. Even Obama mentioned it by name when he said that we needed one. I bet that either Obama or the next 2 presidents will actively be part of the New World Order and that for sure, 100% will be here soon.

From a functional standpoint world government is already here.
The CFR manages the US foreign policy, along with NATO and the European Union.
Trade and financials are controlled by international bankers.
Domestic policy is controlled by UN based NGOs.
Multi-nationals corporations has a rediculous amount of influence on congress and legislation.

All that is left to do is stamp out a few rogue nations (that's been in the works for decades now) and change
the text in all the letterheads and the New World Order is here.

The fly in the ointment (for them) is that the world is starting to go through violent changes.
They are going to have a devil of a time holding things together with frequent and extreme natural disasters
and a very upset peasantry.

Back