Journal The Garage

It is with deep sadness and regret that I must announce the passing of
Tom A Toe.
Tom died suddenly in his home on the window sill from a lethal dose of
H20 mixed with Epsom salts. He suffered an allergic reaction and rescue
crews were NOT able to save him from shrivelling up and bowing his head.

Tom will be sadly missed by his owner who is under investigation for murder.
The police were called in for what seems like a suspicious death. An investigation
is under way.

Please send flowers... chocolates... cake.... donuts... cookies..... casseroles and candy. :D

View attachment 10836
"Ma'am, after a thorough investigation, we are charging you with 2nd degree premeditated accidental involuntary plantslaughter."

I have never heard of anyone spraying their plants with epsom salt. I have used crushed eggshells and some tuna placed in the soil and then put your transplant in on top of it, they provide nutrients for the young plant. Sorry for Tom. Are your peppers still peppy?

I have never heard of anyone spraying their plants with epsom salt. I have used crushed eggshells and some tuna placed in the soil and then put your transplant in on top of it, they provide nutrients for the young plant. Sorry for Tom. Are your peppers still peppy?
Way to make me feel better... HAHAHA. The guy at the hardware store is the one who told me that tomato plants like the magnesium. I probably did not water it down enough... ANYWAYS... I think some of the tomatoes will survive... I am waiting for a bit of warmth and SUN.

The peppers are all WONDERFUL.... very hardy... and nicely GREEN. My tomatoes have always been on the leggy side.... but we'll see what happens... I am determined to bring them back to health.

Way to make me feel better... HAHAHA. The guy at the hardware store is the one who told me that tomato plants like the magnesium. I probably did not water it down enough... ANYWAYS... I think some of the tomatoes will survive... I am waiting for a bit of warmth and SUN.

The peppers are all WONDERFUL.... very hardy... and nicely GREEN. My tomatoes have always been on the leggy side.... but we'll see what happens... I am determined to bring them back to health.
Did someone say PEANUT BUTTER CUPS??!!

Yes it is good for magnesium, but too much will block other minerals. If you used potting soil, it should be balanced already. I read that if the plant or leaves turn yellow then use the epsom salt watering, as the yellowing may be from lack of magnesium.

Attachments

• image_2024-04-23_005128527.png
    image_2024-04-23_005128527.png
    355.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Gosh.... I don't know where the time is going... but it seems like it's just ZOOMING right by me.
I've been rather missing in action these last days and I apologize for that. I guess life just happens
like that... Winter seems to be the time of "nesting" and doing indoor activities.

I will try to be more diligent in checking in AT LEAST 3 times per week over the summer months.
Anyways... TODAY..... is the DAY of the CONCERT. OH my goodness... I am so excited.

I can't believe I was 11 years old the last time I went to one of these guys' concerts. That my friends is 50 years!!!
Good GRIEF... that is half a century. HAHA.

I am deeply touched that these men have remained friends for all this time... and are presently mourning the loss of one of their original band mates just over a month ago. This to me is going to make the concert even more special.

Big Moose ... Please note that the cupboard is NEWLY stocked with your favourite treats... Cosia insisted that SINCE you seem to like the GARAGE... that you should be REWARDED with your most preferred snack. Here in CANADA.... Mooses are honoured animals. HA. Please be careful NOT to tromp over the snails... they have come from ENGLAND and they also like peanut butter cups. HAHA.

Tomato update.... GOOD GRIEF... I can't believe such a small error has led to a multi-casualty massacre. I'm not sure how many if ANY of the tomato plants will recover. We finally have a SUNNY day so I am hoping the warmth and light will bring healing. They have gotten taller and more leaves are growing but I am not convinced that they will make it through the next month in the house before planting outside.

The pepper plants are FANTASTIC looking... nice bright green. They seem to have sturdier and thicker leaves than the tomato plants which seem awfully delicate.

Anyways.... we'll see how things go.

Happy Thursday to everyone.

Happy Saturday EVERYONE!!!

Well... It was an exciting week for me. First and foremost the concert.... It was lovely to experience this old rock group that I grew up with. The sound was the same as I remember it. The tribute to their friend and band mate that passed away 6 weeks ago was NOT to my preference... it highlighted a sinful life but yet... it told the story of the reality of what occurs in the world of rock n' roll. I shut out the ugly and enjoyed the beauty of music connected to memories.
It was surreal to know that the last time I had been to one of their concerts was 50 years ago. WOW.

Yesterday... I spent the morning cleaning up the side of the house. Pine needles... oh my goodness... they were everywhere. I got them all cleaned up before our forecast of rainfall and tucked them away under shelter so that they can stay dry and transportable.
I brought my tomato and pepper plants outside to bask in the sun... and then brought them back inside as our night time temps are still at close to the zero mark.
I did manage to save some of the tomato plants from my murderous rampage. HAHA. Not of my doing but all thanks to the sunlight that finally managed to arrive a few days ago... so I have about 8 tomato plants of two varieties. Hopefully... I will be able to continue to keep them alive. Once they get planted outside... they are free game for whatever creature decides to visit.

In the next week... I will be planting the rest of the seeds I have... cucumbers... sweet peas and my dill and parsley.
I got four packs of different flower seeds for 1.25 at the dollar store so I sprinkled them over trays of potting soil. I am excited to see what actually grows.

Looking forward to the WARMTH of May. I should be able to start my cold water swimming soon. Not sure what the temp of the lake is at but a few double digit weather days and I should be good to go. Am thinking by May 7th... I should be able to start the challenge of early morning cold dips in the lake. It's an experience I started last year and to my shock... very much enjoyed. Not quite as dramatic as the ICE plunges but close.

All is well... and I continue to be filled to overflowing with GREAT JOY!

Back