Journal The Garage

“Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom". ~Luke 12:32

Such comfort in these words.... Be NOT afraid... Do NOT be worried.... Do NOT fret... BE at PEACE... May you be FILLED with JOY!

Happy Eclipse Day.... I could not get a hold of those glasses so I will not be looking up. HA. However... I will be PRAISING my FATHER who ART in HEAVEN for all HIS GLORIOUS and mysterious WORKINGS.

1712580778864.png

Oh my goodness..... the tomatoes are starting to sprout....... "doing the very HAPPY DANCE"... This is so much better than I had hoped for. VERY EXCITED to see what I can actually KEEP alive until planting time.

HAPPY SPROUTING tomato day! HAHAHA.

I am making an ECLIPSE cake for my landlords. One of my landlords is a CHOCOLATE monster.... and I say that in the most affectionate way possible... I have NEVER seen anyone quite enjoy chocolate like he does. I asked him once if he liked almond bark... and he said.... HEAVENS.... NO.... the almonds take up that place of the chocolate. HAHAHA.

Anyways... I bought a cake mix this morning... doctored it up and it's going to be filled with chocolate ganache ( which is whipping cream and solid chocolate... and of course... chocolate icing.

Gotta be kind to the chocolate monster in the family. HAHAHA.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths. ~ Proverbs 3:5–6

Good morning my beautiful forum family,

How comforting to know... understand and believe that we do NOT have to know all things. That is such a relief for this simple brain of mine. Scripture tells us that actually.... we are NOT to rely on our own thoughts but rather we must learn to depend on what the WORD tells us.

Sometimes that is easy.... and sometimes... our flesh wants to win and get our own way. Life is a process of constant surrendering..... LESS of us... and MORE of HIM.

Heavenly Father... Help us to surrender all of us ( our minds, hearts, and will ) over to YOU. Guide us to the TRUTH of your Word that we might resemble you more and more.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths. ~ Proverbs 3:5–6

Good morning, In Awe of Him;

Proverbs 3:5-6
are beautiful words of wisdom. Thank you for sharing. We recorded a CD about 24 years ago and one of the songs was titled, Trust In The Lord and we referenced the same Proverb.

God bless you, In Awe of Him.

WOW.... I last posted on Tuesday and it's already the following Monday.... WHERE has the time gone?? I had no idea that much time had passed.

This is a big week for me... as my meal for the fire department is on Wednesday but it comes with a twist. I am being picked up at 4 pm with my meal... to visit the fire hall and eat with the platoon. This is a high honour... and I am feeling so very BLESSED. A bit nervous but mostly excited because I get to meet and eat with one of the crews... ( and apparently there is one firewoman on this crew ). My favourite part is that I will get to actually SERVE them.

I found out a great deal of information this last month and so I am glad that I chose to communicate that I was feeling lost as to what to serve the teams. I now understand a great deal more.... including which teams I have already served... and how many teams/platoons there actually are at the station. Knowing the schedule for the entire year and being able to rotate so that I cover all the teams fairly takes out all the guess work... which is a very good thing.

AND then.... there are my precious little seedlings.... I am the proud mother of about 25 pepper plants... and 15 tomato plants.
I have two varieties of both the peppers and tomatoes. They won't all make it... but... I am pleasantly surprised at how well they have done on a cold window sill with minimum light. I need to get some larger pots and will do that this week. We still are in the very cool temperature phase of Spring here where I am living.

AND THEN.... oh my goodness... bobinfaith ... I have BIG NEWS Bob.... BIG NEWS.

wait for it.......................................................wait for it.....................................oh my goodness....

I AM going to see the Stampeders concert on April 25th at the theatre here in my city. My landlords surprised me with a ticket and I will be going with their sister. SO EXCITED... and I did not know this... but on March 4th ( just barely a month ago).... one of the founding members ( Ronnie King ) passed away suddenly. From the write up... his death was a shock. They had planned a Final Bow tour but have since decided to call their tour... One more time in honour of Ronnie. This makes the event all the more special. These three guys... Rich Dodson... Kim Berly and Ronnie King remained the best of friends all these years. That is so special.

Anyways... oh my goodness... that was quite the update. My sincere apologies for neglecting the forums this last week... but sometimes I get a wee bit busy. Summer is going to be like that a lot... but I will try to make an effort to keep my garage maintained.

Happy Monday everyone. It's a GOOD DAY.

Last edited:
This is a big week for me... as my meal for the fire department is on Wednesday but it comes with a twist. I am being picked up at 4 pm with my meal... to visit the fire hall and eat with the platoon. This is a high honour... and I am feeling so very BLESSED. I AM going to see the Stampeders concert on April 25th at the theatre here in my city. My landlords surprised me with a ticket and I will be going with their sister. SO EXCITED... and I did not know this... but on March 4th ( just barely a month ago).... one of the founding members ( Ronnie King ) passed away suddenly. From the write up... his death was a shock. They had planned a Final Bow tour but have since decided to call their tour... One more time in honour of Ronnie. This makes the event all the more special. These three guys... Rich Dodson... Kim Berly and Ronnie King remained the best of friends all these years. That is so special.

Hey In Awe of Him;

The Fire Department is your ministry. Do you feel you're on a first name basis since you started serving the station?

It reminds me of a testimony shared to me years ago.

My late mother in law passed out cookies to the homeless in San Francisco. Years later a man came up to her and said, "Hey Mom! Do you remember me?" My mother in law didn't quite remember because there were so many she gave cookies to. He said, "when I was homeless you gave me cookies because I was hungry. I just wanted to thank you and share that I became a firefighter for San Francisco."

I learned Ronny King passed away. I'm happy you get to go see the Stampeders and remember one of their founding members. I'm sure it will be a wonderful concert, in tribute with a touching moment.

God bless
you, In Awe of Him!

Do you feel you're on a first name basis since you started serving the station?
This is how things have played out so far... I have a friend who is a fireman in the city I moved away from to come here where I am living now. He called the Fire station at the end of November of last year to vouch for my credibility. I was given one name... ( the second in command .. the deputy chief ).... I brought in a Christmas basket of baking... and in January and February I blindly delivered a hot meal without any information other than there are between 7-9 men per shift. I lost confidence by March and expressed that I needed to come up with a plan that would give me more information on who I am cooking for... how many teams... etc... etc. I was then contacted by a platoon chief and so now I have three names.... plus the beautiful secretary.... so.... I am getting there. HA.

Busy day getting everything prepped for tomorrow.

Have a beautiful day everyone.

But You, O Lord, are a God full of compassion, and gracious,
long-suffering and abundant in mercy and truth.
~Psalm 86:15

Yesterday I served my meal at the firehall... and I had the great privilege and honour of meeting a fine crew of young people. The love and respect that they had for each other touched my heart deeply.

My meal was a huge success... and the visit was something I will cherish for a very long time.

Today is going to be a rest day for me... as I'm tired.

The above scripture is something that is on my heart today. I depend on the promise of God's faithfulness every moment of the day. How BLESSED to wake up knowing that God is always in a good mood and that His mercies are new every morning.

I think I murdered some of my tomato plants..... Spray them with diluted epsom salts they said... It will be good for them they said...
Ok then.... I also transplanted some of the plants.... some will survive and some obviously will not.

Good GRIEF.... However... the good news is that next year... I am going to invest in a grow light. I am encouraged that growing from seed is indeed possible.

It is with deep sadness and regret that I must announce the passing of
Tom A Toe.
Tom died suddenly in his home on the window sill from a lethal dose of
H20 mixed with Epsom salts. He suffered an allergic reaction and rescue
crews were NOT able to save him from shrivelling up and bowing his head.

Tom will be sadly missed by his owner who is under investigation for murder.
The police were called in for what seems like a suspicious death. An investigation
is under way.

Please send flowers... chocolates... cake.... donuts... cookies..... casseroles and candy. :D

1713714268978.png

It is with deep sadness and regret that I must announce the passing of Tom A Toe. Tom died suddenly in his home on the window sill from a lethal dose of H20 mixed with Epsom salts. He suffered an allergic reaction and rescue
crews were NOT able to save him from shrivelling up and bowing his head. Tom will be sadly missed by his owner who is under investigation for murder. The police were called in for what seems like a suspicious death. An investigation
is under way. Please send flowers... chocolates... cake.... donuts... cookies..... casseroles and candy. :D

So sorry, In Awe of Him;

We'll send ketchup, spaghetti sauce and gazpacho soup.

Back