The Great Earthquake...

Lately I have been pulled to look up about volcanoes, earthquakes and plate tectonics. I know in the end times there will be a great earthquake like the earth has never known. Could it be caused by a meteorite named wormwood? Ringing the earth like a bell, causing the earth to change weather patterns drastically causing mass destruction, 100 lbs hail stones falling from the sky. I am not a dooms day person, but when I see changes in the world, the blood moons, and prophecy being fulfilled, my flesh shutters, but my heart rejoices for the day is drawing near. The birth pangs are getting closer.

This has been heavy on my heart the past couple weeks. With all of this world in such chaos, wars, famines, diseases, and hatred towards our neighbors. With the blood moons and falling on the feast days, the Lord our God comes with a divine calendar that we are all as believers are to be watchful for. We don't know the exact day or hour, but we do know the season. This puts me in wanting to seek Him and worship Him, not in fear, but in all truth and awe that He is the G_d of all truth, and pure love. I cannot deny Him. Shalom!

Exactly... three meteors in fact according to Revelation. In fact, they all hit west to east causing the rotation of the earth to increase by eight hours making a full rotaion in only 16 hours.

I think there is only two earthquakes,
Earthquake 1, is when Jesus stands on the mount of Olives and its splits. which is the sixth seal when every mountain is moved out of place,
Earthquake 2, is when the seventh bowl every island and mountain is removed rather than moved, so the mountain of Jerusalem is above them all.

Exactly... three meteors in fact according to Revelation. In fact, they all hit west to east causing the rotation of the earth to increase by eight hours making a full rotaion in only 16 hours.
Can you give a scripture reference? Not questioning, just curious and would like to read for my own benefit and understanding.

I remember reading scientist saying the chances of a great earthquake in California, I guess above 8, within 25 years is 100% chance
My guess is it'll happen in less than two years. Sigh. That reminds me I need to start stocking up on ammunition. For bartering ;)

I remember reading scientist saying the chances of a great earthquake in California, I guess above 8, within 25 years is 100% chance
My guess is it'll happen in less than two years. Sigh. That reminds me I need to start stocking up on ammunition. For bartering ;)
Why would anyone live there then?

Can you give a scripture reference? Not questioning, just curious and would like to read for my own benefit and understanding.
Yes that interests me also. I see problems with inertia, conservation of angular momentum. Tidal waves that would sweep the entire land masses.
It would make the flood of Noah's day look like the proverbial April shower.:)

Why would anyone live there then?
I'm more in the mountains. I think it's the bigger cities like Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Diego, that will have the major problems.

As to why people choose to live there, I suppose all the opportunities in those areas. Maybe a lot of people don't think about it, or are not worried about earthquakes. Some might be too poor. I'm not really sure. My sister is a producer for a local station in the bay area, and lives right next to one of the major faults. Let me ask her why she won't move, I'll send her a text right now.

Is it this one?

Then there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunderand a severe earthquake. No earthquake like it has ever occurred since mankind has been on earth,so tremendous was the quake.19 The great city split into three parts, and the cities of the nations collapsed. God remembered Babylon the Great and gave her the cup filled with the wine of the fury of his wrath.20 Every island fled away and the mountains could not be found.

I am also interested in what the 'the sign of the Son of Man' is to be.
Matt 24:30 Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

The largest earthquake recorded was a magnitude 9.5

"Approximately 1,655 killed, 3,000 injured, 2,000,000 homeless, and $550 million damage in southern Chile; tsunami caused 61 deaths, $75 million damage in Hawaii; 138 deaths and $50 million damage in Japan; 32 dead and missing in the Philippines; and $500,000 damage to the west coast of the United States."

So the great earthquake has to be bigger than 9.5

"Magnitudes are based on a logarithmic scale (base 10). What this means is that for each whole number you go up on the magnitude scale, the amplitude of the ground motion recorded by a seismograph goes up ten times. Using this scale, a magnitude 5 earthquake would result in ten times the level of ground shaking as a magnitude 4 earthquake (and 32 times as much energy would be released). To give you an idea how these numbers can add up, think of it in terms of the energy released by explosives: a magnitude 1 seismic wave releases as much energy as blowing up 6 ounces of TNT. A magnitude 8 earthquake releases as much energy as detonating 6 million tons of TNT. Pretty impressive, huh? Fortunately, most of the earthquakes that occur each year are magnitude 2.5 or less, too small to be felt by most people."

the last earthquake is a global shaking event that will cause all the mountains and islands on earth to sink. You couldn't even call it an earthquake, more like a planetary total geological reform movement.

The largest earthquake recorded was a magnitude 9.5

"Approximately 1,655 killed, 3,000 injured, 2,000,000 homeless, and $550 million damage in southern Chile; tsunami caused 61 deaths, $75 million damage in Hawaii; 138 deaths and $50 million damage in Japan; 32 dead and missing in the Philippines; and $500,000 damage to the west coast of the United States."

So the great earthquake has to be bigger than 9.5

"Magnitudes are based on a logarithmic scale (base 10). What this means is that for each whole number you go up on the magnitude scale, the amplitude of the ground motion recorded by a seismograph goes up ten times. Using this scale, a magnitude 5 earthquake would result in ten times the level of ground shaking as a magnitude 4 earthquake (and 32 times as much energy would be released). To give you an idea how these numbers can add up, think of it in terms of the energy released by explosives: a magnitude 1 seismic wave releases as much energy as blowing up 6 ounces of TNT. A magnitude 8 earthquake releases as much energy as detonating 6 million tons of TNT. Pretty impressive, huh? Fortunately, most of the earthquakes that occur each year are magnitude 2.5 or less, too small to be felt by most people."
If these measurements are for ground zero, I suppose the depth of the quake would significantly effect the range of influence and degree of upheaval for any given quake?
I cant recall exactly the figures involved (maybe around 4 or five),but not so long ago there was a quake report for somewhere around Wyoming..........it turned out to be a mining explosion.

the last earthquake is a global shaking event that will cause all the mountains and islands on earth to sink. You couldn't even call it an earthquake, more like a planetary total geological reform movement.
Heb 12:26. At that time his voice shook the earth, but now he has promised, "Yet once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens."
Heb 12:27. This phrase, "Yet once more," indicates the removal of things that are shaken—that is, things that have been made—in order that the things that cannot be shaken may remain.

Sure :)

Revelation 6:13 (KJV)
And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

Revelation 8:8 (KJV)
And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;

Revelation 8:10 (KJV)
And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;

Result: rotation increased by 8 hours making one day 16 hours.

Revelation 8:12 (KJV)
And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.

And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;

Interesting. This one is new to me, and I'm curious to learn more. How did you get the rotation being increased by 8 hours?

Impacts of stellar objects that could slow or speed up the rotation would be so huge that it would snuff out ALL life on the planet.

The reality is the days will be shortened by debris thrown into the air by the impacts though less daytime light. Not by a rotational change.

Interesting. This one is new to me, and I'm curious to learn more. How did you get the rotation being increased by 8 hours?
Logic:

Revelation 8:12(KJV)
And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.

ok, 1/3 of the moon, stars, sun are darkened - okay could mean almost anything... but 1/3 of the day shone not and the night likewise... how can the day and night each not shine 1/3 less? 24 divided by 3 = 8 which means 8 hours is 1/3... so 8 hours less 24 hours is 16 hours. 8 hours light, 8 hours days - days are shortened... see?

1/3 less day and night could only mean the length of a day changed by 1/3 meaning the rotation is increased, also meaning that they would hit the earth from west to east speeding up our rotation because looking down on the North Pole the earth rotates counter-clockwise. If they hit east to west it would cause the earth's rotation to slow increasing the length of a day or night... just logical thinking.

@Dave Lucas: you're quick to negate anything anyone says. Sure debris could block out the sun, but what of the 1/3 less night? You chose to ignore the scriptures, which is VERY explicit. I could agree with you if "the night likewise" wasn't part of this list of 1/3... having a rotation increase also helps understand how 1/3 sun, moon and stars also shine less... Even if the sun was 1/3 less in size, we'd freeze to death in a matter of months. If the moon were 1/3 less in size it would crash into the earth (law of thermodynamics). How can 1/3 of the stars be less? That's 100's of trillions - we don't have them numbered so how can one know the prophecy is fulfilled? Logic dictates it's a rotational change. We also have these verses.

Isaiah 24:19-20 (KJV)
The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly. The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.

This shows that the rotation isn't' the only thing that happens, but our orbit will be messed up. Very bad times... it's no wonder that this verse will be true:

Isaiah 13:11-13 (KJV)
And I will punish the world for [their] evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible. I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir. Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the LORD of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger.

Precious here is יָקַר yaqar meaning rare...

Sure :)

Revelation 6:13 (KJV)
And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

Revelation 8:8 (KJV)
And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;

Revelation 8:12 (KJV)
Thank you. I was looking for one scripture but I see that it is verses spread out and in different chapters. I'm thankful you share your knowledge.

The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly. The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again. (‭Isaiah‬ ‭24‬:‭19-20‬ KJV)

It sounds like what would happen if the poles shifted.

Back