The HOLY BIBLE

Yes, you just have to believe in Jesus Christ as your Saviour and repent of your sins. There have been many people who have done this on their deathbeds. It is Jesus that saves us, not the Bible.

"If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9

Welcome to Christian Forum Site!

Hebrews 10:16 Hebrews 8:10 Romans 2:15 Psalms 40:8 just a few, lots in the old testament
16"This is the covenant that I will make with themAfter those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws upon their heart, And on their mind I will write them,"

10"For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of IsraelAfter those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws into their minds, And I will write them on their hearts. And I will be their God, And they shall be My people.

15in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them,

I delight to do Your will, O my God; Your Law is within my heart."

I'm not going to say what I think, I want to see what you see from this

This is such a basic question that I feel moved to make a (hopefully understandable) statement as to what it means to become a Christian, and then a little of how the Bible fits into things.

All that you see around you, the universe and everything in it, including you, was created to glorify God and have fellowship in His love.

Mankind in general and each man individually has rebelled and broken that fellowship. This break in fellowship with God is called sin. Since sin results from a life not committed to fellowship with God, sin can only be overcome (or paid for) by surrendering a life back to God.

God loves us so much that he has found a way to bring us back into fellowship and while retaining our spiritual life. He did that by becoming one of us in the person of Jesus of Nazareth (Christ), living a sinless life, and surrendering that life in our stead. This makes the forgiveness of our sin possible.

The only ‘requirement’ is that we acknowledge our need (sinful nature) and accept His payment.

When one has acknowledged his need and accepted Christ’s sacrifice our spiritual self (soul) is brought back into fellowship with God.

We remain creatures of creation, and imperfect, but all sin throughout our life was paid for at the cross and we receive that forgiveness the moment we receive Christ.

Now regarding the Bible:

The Bible is God’s message to us. It is more than the words, or the ink and paper. As we read it, God in the person of the Holy Spirit touches our heart and mind and teaches us how to apply that message.

One can learn geography without attending school, but going not going to school will make that much more difficult and unsure. In the same way, one can learn about God and grow in faith without actually reading His work, but that is much more difficult and unsure.

How important is the Holy Bible for salvation? Can anybody be saved without having heard of the Holy Bible?
How did the thief on the cross next to Jesus receive salvation?
How did many of the early Christians get saved? They only had the Old Testament and some letters written by apostles and disciples. Faith is what was and is required.
Welcome and blessings

How important is the Holy Bible for salvation? Can anybody be saved without having heard of the Holy Bible?

It’s not the book of the bible that’s important for salvation. It is God’s word inside it that is.

God works through His word to bring salvation to his people (Ro 10:17). This is why we are commanded to get the gospel into the world (Mark 16:15); and why God will not destroy the world until the gospel is in all nations (Matt 24:14).

Now this does not mean a person needs to understand it or even physically hear it (new born baby and deaf people can be saved). It means that at some time in a person’s life that person was in the presence of the gospel message (a verse read or heard, a sermon on the radio or the mention of the savior Jesus Christ) and God gave that person “spiritual hearing” by applying the word to his heart and giving him his resurrected soul. This is called being born again of water (the gospel) and the spirit (action of the Holy Spirit - John 4:10-15; 7:38). This all happens in accordance to God’s time table, not ours. We do not dictate to God when we are ready to be saved.

Now it does not matter if someone has heard of the Bible or not. He may hear God’s word being preached on a street corner for example and not even know the Bible exists. If God wills it He can save that person on the spot. Now after someone has been truly saved by God that person will have an intense desire to do the will of God and learn more about Him (Psalm 1:2, 119 Matt 5:6). A bible is invaluable for this.

All scripture "testify" ( which is what the Bible contains) that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. The Bibles purpose is for "instructing" us in righteousness.

2Ti 3:16.. All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,
2Ti 3:17.. that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.

Yes, the Bible "instructs" us on how to be saved.

Rom 10:9.. That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10.. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Hello,
I have a question for you on this -
After you become born again and spirit filled..........what do you do ? How do you know what God expects of you or how to operate as a Christian with out His Holy word.

The Bible - Gods Holy Word is our manual to life - our operating instructions - it is our chart plotter so we can follow on course - it is GPS so I can always find my way - it is my radar so I can navigate and see my way clearly when life seems foggy. His word is Life and health unto those who find it. Gods word is Living Truth that fills my soul for He is my everything.
God Bless
James W

Because we believe the Holy Bible contains the WORD of God, this is where I based my question. Example, other RELIGIONS do not accept the Holy Bible, are believers of these RELIGIONS be saved ?

Because we believe the Holy Bible contains the WORD of God, this is where I based my question. Example, other RELIGIONS do not accept the Holy Bible, are believers of these RELIGIONS be saved ?
If a man or woman are truly seeking God, the Lord will bring then to the place were they will hear the Gospel of their salvation. Many have been saved who came out of religions that did not use the Bible as their source for instructing in righteousness.

A person in this situation would have to be called by God in a supernatural way. For someone to have ingrained opposition to the Bible from the start, God would have to intervene in the mysterious yet powerful ways only He can. Faith would have to be developed through life experiences which might cause the individual to seek out God. Then a Christian could lead them to Christ incorporating the teachings from the Word of God. This could be done without acceptance of the Bible. But once introduced to Christ, this person would develop a hunger for the Word either just before or just after accepting Christ as their Savior.

Why do so many people insist Faith must be developed or one must have faith to be saved.
So the man who lost it all and cries out saying God I don't know f you are even real real but if you are please save me and God does just that and shows himself
To all of you my brethren who responded to my question, thank you very much. GOD BLESS US ALL. Grigory.
Amen and remember You Are Blessed and Highly Favored of the Lord
James W

Why do so many people insist Faith must be developed or one must have faith to be saved.
Mainly because of "saved by Grace through Faith" and "that whosoever believes shall not perish"
Romans 5:1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Mainly because of "saved by Grace through Faith" and "that whosoever believes shall not perish"
Romans 5:1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
That is true to a point. Faith tells us we are saved. Faith is what assures us we are saved 10 years in. Faith does not save us. If faith was required to be saved then many would not ever have gotten saved. Many a man have turned to God in desperation, last hope and so forth with words such as i don't even know if you are even real but if you can save me or help me then help me. God shows Himself big to them or they say if you are even real be my God or something along those lines and get born again with out faith and develops faith in God over time.

Far to many in this and other forums put stipulations and or rules for salvation that do Not even exists. They take we are save by faith and twist it and turn it and mold it into a doctrine of their own claiming You Must Have Faith or the one that really bites is unless God gives you the right faith - you are not saved or can be saved.

Who so ever is the only stipulation...... Not those who have faith or those who God has decided can be saved......no sir......any one no matter what. If you are born of a woman.....you can be saved at any time .
God Bless
James W

Back