THE INNER ROOM - "Learn and Grow - to Maturity". Please read the 1st Post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do have a library. Normally, other than my daily bible reading, I do not care much for reading. I have although since Thursday read 2 books, from the "Left Behind" series. "Left Behind" & "Tribulation Force". I actually went to the library today and checked out the next three.

I do too and that is what is making it so hard. The harder I try to do God's work, the harder Satan digs in.

Somewhere in the backof my mind I knew about this but I have never checked into it for my self. I have actually told others about these programs. I am going to check out the site you gave.

I hate these thoughts, and I really try to hold on and every time they start I start praying harder and harder. I am under doctors care for my depression and I also am seeing a counselor every week (past two years) and she is great. i can call her when ever. I can always call my pastor too.

Deep down I know that I have to talk these things out and that holding them in is not a good thing, but when the depression hits, it hits hard and I do not want to talk to anyone.

I have so much trouble talking to my wife. That is also part of the problem. she suffers from depression also but no where near the extent that I do. She tries so hard to hold things together, and she told me the other day that she wished I could be as happy as she is at times. She has a way of laughing things off. I can not do that. As I have been told too many times I am my own worst enemy. And it is so true.

I hate being alone, but that is the way that I feel. deep down I know people care but Satan tries his best to make me think otherwise.

At church, I am a greeter on Sunday mornings, I sing in the choir, am an usher, I am the un-official Outreach Director, I do the bulletins, and also a monthly newsletter. I love all of these things, and most of all, being able to share my love for God with others especially with the bulletins and the newsletter. I put my heart and soul into the two. They allow me to express myself in ways that I never could in person.

Like we have already determined, unfortunately, Satan hates what I am doing and oh boy does he prove it. My health issues alone, at times are more than I can handle, but when he steps in, it really takes the cake. As I said earlier, God still fortunately has His grip and that is the only thing that keeps me from doing something stupid.

That's all really helpful, Brother of ours, and I do apologise that I'd forgotten some of the things you posted earlier on. I believe you are like us: NEVER looking for sympathy - but empathy and understanding sure are always great! Whether or no, what I want to say now Wayne is that you are doing great!! I mean it! With so much you have to contend with on a moment by moment, day by day basis, all the things that you do are quite amazing! Also the things you've set yourself to do. WOW!! And though there are times when you feel like giving up totally (that's solely the rotten DEPRESSION, isn't it, and is totally understandable), fact is - YOU HAVEN'T!!! You haven't given up. You're still in there fighting, working at it, thinking, considering, and aiming to keep going.

THAT'S WHAT GOD IS LOOKING FOR IN EVERY SON AND DAUGHTER OF HIS! He's looking for those determined to be OVERCOMERS!!! Those who, no matter the odds, will stay in the fight, and NOT quit. So I really honour you, Brother!!! As I'm quite sure the Lord does also.

PRAYING and CARING!!!

- BM and his Lady

THAT'S WHAT GOD IS LOOKING FOR IN EVERY SON AND DAUGHTER OF HIS! He's looking for those determined to be OVERCOMERS!!! Those who, no matter the odds, will stay in the fight, and NOT quit. So I really honour you, Brother!!! As I'm quite sure the Lord does also.

PRAYING and CARING!!!

That is so true! He wants us to be determined to be overcomers! Each day is a new day!

Romans 5 Therefore , since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the Glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in the sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perserverance, perserverance, character; and character hope. And hope does not dissappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit he has given us.

Wayne, you may not feel it, but you are an inspiration to myself. Look at all you are going through and how you have not given up. why? Because you have Jesus in your heart, even through all your sufferings, you have much perserverance, character and hope... that my friend is awesome!

Here's cheers to you and the Lord! Have a great beautiful day!

Faithwoman

That's what I love about this forum! So loving and POSITIVE! Always seeing something good, lovely and of a good report!
Bondman, that was soo encouraging! Even for me! And I'm not going thru HALF of what ya'll are!
And Faithwoman, wow! You just blow me away with the wisdom you have been blessed with!
ForgivenWretch, be blessed today in knowing that God loves you, so much! And so do we!
ce5482b9b0d0f85dca37312d2f3ce4d3.gif

And Faithwoman, wow! You just blow me away with the wisdom you have been blessed with!

Yes!

Jesus let us all see that we should be blown away by SO many things we don't now appreciate.

For you, Forgivenwretch

"For the rest, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is worthy of reverence and is honorable and seemly, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely and lovable, whatever is kind and winsome and gracious, if there is any virtue and excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think on and weigh and take account of these things [fix your minds on them!]"

The Bible presents a lot of detailed instruction on what kinds of things we are to think about. I am sure that you can see from this scripture that we are instructed to think on good things, things that will build us up and not tear us down.

Our thoughts certainly affect our attitudes and moods. Everything the Lord tells us is for our own good. He knows what will make us happy, in whatever situation we are in, and what will make us miserable. I have learned from personal experience that when someone is miserable, he usually ends up making others miserable also.

Stay active in your church and in helping others, bro.

WOW!!! - you guys are all fabbo! It's a high privilege to me to know, and interact with, and 'enjoy' such beautiful people!

Bonnie, I really did love your verse and what you said! (it's Philippians 4:8 in case anyone was wondering).

We can let ourselves go down down down, or we can look to the Lord, focus ourselves on Him, and allow HIS power to flow into us to keep us going! Having said that, Wayne we both understand what getting into depression does to you. My Lady had a serious collapse in the 'Nineties, which then developed into at least 6 years of Clinical Depression, was suicidal at times - and with our heavy health problems, we're not even sure she's ever got out of it! That is, serious depression is a medical condition that requires proper treatment and effective medication. Which I'm not sure whether you would be getting (can't remember if you said, sorry! CFS has just about destroyed my memory).

Lord, I'm bringing each member of Wayne's family to you right now. You know EVERY need. You've also made it perfectly clear to us in the NT that hardship is part of our Christian life, like Faithwoman quoted from Romans 5:1-5. Paul says we "glory in tribulation"! That's heavy! Help us to learn how to do this, Jesus. We want SO MUCH to be like You! You suffered for us so we could be saved. We want to give all of ourselves back to you in return. May this lovely family we've now met know You in each of their lives, uplifting, supporting, loving them. I ask for Your Spirit to become a veritable powerhouse in each of them, giving them what's needed to be able to cope in hardship and, yes, even glory in tribulation. You are so wondrous, Lord Jesus. Your Presence is so sweet. I just get lost in adoration...

- BM

HIS presence is definitely present here and it is so comforting to know that in times of trouble I have some where and so many to listen and truly care. You all are such a blessing.

I am getting ready to go to the doctor @ 10:45 this morning and then I have to see my Counselor @ 3:00, so I more than likely will not be on much today. By the time I get home this afternoon it will be nearly time for church, and oh yea I have to finish my bulletin, so that I can get it printed for Sunday, while we are at church.

I love you all so much, and you all mean more than you can ever imagine.
thicon3.jpg

bloodwiser_king_of-1.jpg
godis.gif

PRAYER THANKS!

Six months have now passed since our computer problems started. In recent weeks some positives have begun to happen, and I believe your prayers have brought them about. THANKYOU!!

At this moment, for the first time I'm typing this on one of our new computers!!! It felt to us like this was never gonna happen. But it has, and we are ecstatic!! With the programs, files and data finally brought across to this one, the PC that started this all off will soon go to the rellie of the kind lady who bought it from us, to help us with our computer pickle.

Our major tasks that remain and are fairly daunting are to complete the setup of 2 other used PC's to then be advertised on Ebay to try and recoup some of the money we had to spend on the new ones. Our health may then finally be able to recover. So please would you continue in prayer for us till that wonderful day comes.

Bless you so much for caring and praying!!!!

Love you!

- BM and his Mrs

ir-heading.gif
PRACTICAL NEW TESTAMENT CHRISTIANITY

MESSAGE #34

RIGHTEOUSNESS, HOLINESS, GODLINESS - Part 1

This may well be the most important message I've ever written on the Net! Please read, pray, and digest its truths.

Those living in Western Society in America, Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom, New Zealand are all taught that it is our RIGHT to enjoy a high standard of living that most of the rest of the world cannot even imagine. We believe it's our right to have the nice home, cars, comfort, ease, jobs, furniture, clothes, surround sound TV, holidays, etc., etc., etc! Almost unbelievably... no, make that TOTALLY unbelievably, the Christian Church is teaching the exact same thing!

There is even a highly-rated major church denomination which is teaching this as a Scriptural Doctrine that it's our God-given right to be RICH! IT'S NOT!!! And that God is our Santa Claus and that we're to request Him to give us money and riches. (One of their ministers is a millionaire and travels around preaching that we all should be the same! God forgive Him for this travesty of the truth!) Give freely to the Lord, they say, and you'll get more and more money back. This whole teaching is nothing less than a modern day HERESY - a heresy like hundreds of years ago an unenlightened church burnt people at the stake for... that kind of heresy!!!

Not only does the New Testament NOWHERE teach prosperity doctrine and the good life - what it does teach is exactly the OPPOSITE! While our churches, in league with our godless society, are teaching that we are fully deserving of "THE GOOD LIFE", God is most certainly NOT!!! Instead, He is teaching clear as a bell that we are TO BE LIVING OUT A GOOD LIFE, A HOLY LIFE, A RIGHTEOUS LIFE, A GODLY LIFE! THAT'S the Scriptural TRUTH! Biiiigg difference!!!

You have a choice! Isn't it fantastic that our God has given us free-will to choose? - to either live a Godly life or an ungodly one. A choice whether to believe this Godless doctrine of prosperity and the good life our society and churches are teaching to us - and our kids - OR to so give ourselves up to The One Who died to save us that we are constantly, daily, learning to live a good and righteous life.

My dearest, dearest Brothers and Sisters, are you getting this message? We're NOT to be the same as the world around us. We're to each be increasing in righteous and holy living! You can and must be righteous; you can and must be holy; you can and must be godly. Nothing less than this will do. IN CHRIST, THIS IS YOUR CLEAR DESTINY IN THIS WORLD!

I understand this may be new and different from what you've been taught. Okay, you are a true Believer? - then this is for YOU! I've told you I have some personal righteousness. I say 'some' cos I truly don't know how much. That's one of the features of becoming more 'good' - you're kind of unaware of it, or at least have trouble seeing how far you've come. Instead what's happening is that you're becoming more and more aware of JESUS - and thus MUCH less aware of yourself. Can you handle THAT? I sure can!!!

Okay, when I am growing in righteousness (meaning Right and Godly living!) what is changing is my ATTITUDE TO LIFE. I still live in the world, right, but I no longer THINK the same as the world. Let's face it, guys, we do NOT belong here! We belong in the Spiritual realm, of which eternity with our marvellous God is the ultimate goal. So what's different? Well, all the things I listed above NO LONGER RUN MY LIFE.

I may still have some, even many of them, but they're NOT at the "center-of-importance" on my life. My center-of-importance has become JESUS HIMSELF - my focus doing His will, obeying Him, and loving Him. So God is FAR more important to me than MORE MONEY. Or more possessions. Or more EASE AND COMFORT. I've CHOSEN to give them up for His sake. It's a life-changing CHANGE OF ATTITUDE and change of HEART!!!

Continued in Part 2...

- BM, with his Lady
ir-the-inner-room1.gif

QUESTIONS WELCOME!

hspace1.gif

ir-heading.gif
PRACTICAL NEW TESTAMENT CHRISTIANITY

MESSAGE #35

RIGHTEOUSNESS, HOLINESS, GODLINESS - Part 2

... Continued from Part 1

I've chosen to put this as a 2nd Part so it didn't get lost at the bottom of the First Part. In turn I'm itching to get you to what is probably the most important and most mind-bending teaching I've ever heard.

It's now the year 2008. We've all got that far in our lives! If there is only ONE important thing you do during the whole of this year, then please, PLEASE, PLEASE make it listening to the teaching message below. Mark18 told Bonnie about it. She told me about it. Now I'm passing the baton to you. SO MAKE SURE YOU DON'T DROP IT, OKAY!!!

I've listened very carefully to this message and have found not one word or thought that's wrong humanly, Christianly or Scripturally. In fact he speaks all the things the Holy Spirit has also Personally taught and revealed to me this past decade, direct from the New Testament of the Bible: the New Covenant in Jesus' Blood.

It's timely, it's important, and I make no bones about saying that GOD WANTS YOU ALL TO HEAR IT!!! Please click on: GodTube.com - Shocking Youth Message Stuns Hearers - So Shocking & Biblical

May He use it to change the direction of your life! Love and heavenly blessings to each one of you!

- BM and his Lady
ir-the-inner-room1.gif

QUESTIONS WELCOME!

hspace1.gif

This World is Not My Home

"Okay, when I am growing in righteousness (meaning Right and Godly living!) what is changing is my ATTITUDE TO LIFE. I still live in the world, right, but I no longer THINK the same as the world. Let's face it, guys, we do NOT belong here!"

I went to my Acappella practice last night and realized that I felt so strangly detached from the group. All of them are good, upstanding citizens in our community and very respectable and we even sing some old gospel tunes, but I had been in the Word just before I went. I was still on "cloud 9" and it was interesting how the little gibbering and joking around did not get through or something. I had to force myself to join in on conversations and "come down to earth." :p

Now, I don't want to be "so heavenly minded I am of no earthly good" or anything because we live here and must communicate here. But it was a strange feeling. I noticed everyone was occasionally staring at me and I felt uncomfortable and struggled to be me again. :D

It was surreal. Has anyone ever experienced this? I guess I just did not want to leave His presence.

Oh, yes. Thank you for posting that site again that Mark posted on a thread. I hope everyone hears that message. I know I will be listening to it off and on, and forwarding it to my friends.

Carry on! :p

Thank you Thank you Thank you!

Thanks Bondman for a powerful message! and thanks for the link to the video.. it was a 45 minute life changing event for me! Wow! I realized some things.. even about my past behaviors.. powerful powerful message.

As the Lord led me to a young gal last nite struggling with some addictions of her own, I prayed today for the Lord to show me some answers and where I could guide her.

I attended a Life Recovery program at a local church tonite to see if this might be a possible good fit for her. I found myself sharing some throughout the evening of my own recovery of life. I even shared about the video I had watched right before going to the meeting.

After the meeting, I was walking to my car and saw this woman with a backpack getting ready to walk home. I offered her a ride. We got in the car and she said I want to thank you, you were an inspiration to me tonite. You helped me see that I really do need to be living the way God wants me to. I told her you are welcome, but it was not me sharing those words, it was God giving inspiration through me.

I share my helping stories here, not to get any credit, any applause or such, for God gets all the Glory in all I do! It is him working through me!
Praise the Lord! I share them here in hopes that it will encourage others to live the Godly life, take the focus off yourself and love and uplift others.

Ok.. I got to scoot and get some college studying done.. May 2nd is my deadline and I am way behind on that!

Have a super night all
and thanks for all of your encouraging words as well!

Hugs
Faithwoman:)

Journey

Written tonite:

Journey

Oh Lord what a Journey
It has been and is you are taking me on
I am so blessed and thankful for
You leading me to sexual purity

All the events leading up to it
Have made me see
It truly was me that you wanted
It truly was you showing me
That you are my Mr Right

It is you
I can trust in
It is you I can love
It is you who will show me
How to live on that narrow path
That leads to the gate of eternity

It is you
That will protect me
It is you
That will give me the strength
When the temptations of the world
Try to fight through
To overcome me
To steal me away
From your mercy and grace

But I have learned
There is hope
You have made your promises so clear
The Truth is all there
In that book of yours called the Word

Pick it up and read it they say
Your journey will be shown
The journey the good Lord has waiting
For you and for all

Heavenly Father
I give praises and thanks tonight
For helping me to see
The bright shining light!

Faithwoman March 26, 2008

Me again

I am on a roll tonight!

By Maya Angelou'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christthat a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean livin''I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,My flaws are far too visible but, God believes I am worth it.When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain..I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!Pretty is as Pretty does... but beautiful is just plain beautiful!

Faithwoman:)

"Okay, when I am growing in righteousness (meaning Right and Godly living!) what is changing is my ATTITUDE TO LIFE. I still live in the world, right, but I no longer THINK the same as the world. Let's face it, guys, we do NOT belong here!"

I went to my Acappella practice last night and realized that I felt so strangly detached from the group. All of them are good, upstanding citizens in our community and very respectable and we even sing some old gospel tunes, but I had been in the Word just before I went. I was still on "cloud 9" and it was interesting how the little gibbering and joking around did not get through or something. I had to force myself to join in on conversations and "come down to earth." :p

Now, I don't want to be "so heavenly minded I am of no earthly good" or anything because we live here and must communicate here. But it was a strange feeling. I noticed everyone was occasionally staring at me and I felt uncomfortable and struggled to be me again. :D

It was surreal. Has anyone ever experienced this? I guess I just did not want to leave His presence.

Oh, yes. Thank you for posting that site again that Mark posted on a thread. I hope everyone hears that message. I know I will be listening to it off and on, and forwarding it to my friends.

Carry on! :p

This is a common experience for new Christians I would think. We are very understandably so rapt in our new-found life in Christ that all else seems to pretty poor in comparison!

This is 'mountain top' and 'valley' again, isn't it? And we've summarised what Jesus prayed in John 17 to: "we must be IN the world but not OF the world." The church is largely OF the world, worldly in it's life and values. We must come out of that - but not go so far as to become "so heavenly minded as to be of no earthly use"! Like, why doesn't God take us to heaven the moment we're saved? MANY REASONS! An important one is He needs us here to tell others the very same Great News that got US saved! And in order to do this we need to be able to effectively relate to unbelievers JUST WHERE THEY ARE!

Here's the relevant part of His prayer:

John 17
14 I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 15 I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.

As in the whole of our Christian life we must constantly strive for that essential BALANCE.

Bless you for your wonderful earnestness in the Lord, dear one. As you would say, "Carry on!" *grin*

- BM

I don't know I just got so happy before I could get through the first few paragraphs on this page, I'll have to come back to it. It seems as if I'm so happy, and so out of this world right now that reading seems stupid or something I dunno. I'll be back, I gotta go drink something. I want to appreciate water again. BRB.

Yup, Robin's Really on a Righteous Roll! lol

Love your poem, hon! Love that you gave that girl a ride home and encouragement. And the words of Maya Angelou are really quite superb!

No, I'm sure we don't think you're sharing the way God is using you to 'uplift' yourself - rather it is a blessing to me anyway, to read about God at work!!

(Gotta say but that the temporal ALWAYS has it's place alongside the Spiritual, and so maybe that college stuff needs to get moved up higher in the priority list...)

I love Maya's words so much - because these so SERIOUSLY Christian! (where not all of her words are) - that I'm herewith writing them again for us all to read, mark, and inwardly digest, as my dear Mum would've said:

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.' [Wow!]

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean livin.' I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

'When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride. I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong. I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success. I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect. My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain... I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou. I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

FaithWoman and Bondman those are great!

I have to read this page now. I just need to catch my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back