THE INNER ROOM - "Learn and Grow - to Maturity". Please read the 1st Post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Heavenly Father,

We come to to you tonight and we uplift Wayne to you. Dear Heavenly father , be with him, hold him tight. May he see you and feel you. There are many times we want to give up in life, but as I know and have learned we do have hope with you as My favorite verse states: I have a great hope and future for you says the Lord. Dear Father, we just ask that these negative thoughts and the stinking thinking Wayne is having be taken away from him. You are an awesome God! We praise you Lord for the blessings you bestow upon each and everyone of us here in this Forum and throughout your nation. Please Father continue to be with Wayne and his family. We know father that you will continue to provide for their daily needs. He believes in you Father, even through his rough times, he looks to you for his strength. May Wayne have peace this evening.

Amen

Robin

Wayne

If you feel today that you can’t make it...
Keep holding on... ‘Cause you can take it..
If you hold on... A little while longer... Hold on!

If you feel it’s raining... All in your life...
And day by day... There’s nothing going right...
Just hold on~ A little while longer... Hold on!

You’ve got to hold to His hand... God’s unchanging hand...

You’ve got to hold to His hand... God’s unchanging hand...

You’ve got to... Build your hopes on things eternal...

My God will never let you down!

Hang in there, Forgiven! There IS light at the end of the tunnel! Praying for ya, bud!

Hey, Bondman, I was thinking yesterday...uhoh! watch out! I was thinking about Acts. There was a big argument over whether Gentiles should be made to follow Jewish law, and they had a big council over it, with much praying. It was finally decided that the Gentile believers should not be put under the yoke and burden of Judiasm, but gave them some simple rules to follow. One being to abstain from blood, sexual impurity and a couple other things. I dont remember exactly, but I DO remember, that there was not ONE mention of the sabbath!!! That's what convinces me, among other things, that we are not under Old Testament Law.
Thank you, for pointing me toward Galations. As soon as I get the chance, I'm gonna study that and be ready to answer my friend some more.
Her arguement is that the Ten Commandments were written by the finger of God, the other ordinances were written by man's hand, and that the hand written ordinances were the ones nailed to the cross. (sorry, forgot what verse that was) But they still follow the Old Testament ordinances like abstaining from pork. (go figure)
Thanks, all, for the help. I am really concerned for my friend. She is Fillipino and its sometimes a challenge to talk to her. (language barrier) But she has a heart for Jesus, I know that.

Yep, no Sabbath, no Ten Commandments, hardly a thing from the OT!

Exactly as you'd expect - cos the Old Covenant has given way to, and been utterly REPLACED by, a brand New Covenant because Jesus allowed His blood to be shed for us! They never saw the Messiah back in Old Covenant days, but instead, by faith, were constantly looking for His coming. Now He has! And we both see Him and know Him! And it's all changed. Now GRACE and LOVE abound, and the LAW no longer rules our lives.

HOW BLESSED ARE WE!!!

If your friend wants assurance of heaven she will need to give up living under the Old Covenant. The New is SO MUCH BETTER anyway. But it comes down to a really simple choice for her:

.:: OLD COVENANT = no assurance of salvation in trying to keep the Law.
.:: NEW COVENANT = total assurance of salvation in Jesus' blood!

What does REALLY she want? It's entirely her choice!

Old Covenant saints saved by faith in God's provision and not by ritual.
New Covenant saints saints saved by faith in God's provision and not by ritual.
It is good to be one of the Kings kids!

Old Covenant saints saved by faith in God's provision and not by ritual.
New Covenant saints saints saved by faith in God's provision and not by ritual.
It is good to be one of the Kings kids!

Hey v. nice avvy, Boanerges.

"Old Covenant saints saved by faith in God's provision and not by ritual." So true. Thanks for posting that! ALL of us saved SOLELY by and through Christ the Messiah's sacrifice for our sin. AWESOME!!!

An Ahha moment

Ok great lesson for me that I will share
I wrote pm to Bondman:

prayed today for forgiveness of not staying up with my college studies. I have asked God to continue to help me and guide me to move these mountains in my life right now.

Bondman's response:

Wow, that's not good. Praying!

Re. studies, it's better to CONFESS, then THANK Him for forgiveness, rather than be constantly ASKING for forgiveness for this and that - cos that's asking for something that's long since been given!! Then it's you who's gotta get them done of course - but yes, you can ask for Him to help you organise and be disciplined to 'move through the mountains'.

Blessings, dear heart!

Wow what a revelation was this morning and a great reminder of forgiveness and a reminder and encouragement of how we pray

I am continuing to learn so much on my walk to be a mature Christian! There are days that I just can't wait to get home to log on and see what new lessons the Lord has waiting for me!

Praises to the Lord this morning for he is so great! He is my love!

Robin

I'm like you, FaithWoman, can't wait to get home to check new posts and see what I can learn from the forum today! :p That's why I'm off for a bit, searching in the Word and letting the H.S. show me a whole lot also. This is a "rich" life, indeed!

I just want to touch base and again say TY for all of your prayers and comments. Prayer is totally amazing. I am feeling more human again and I know that all of your prayers played a great role in my return to my senses.

God Bless You all! I love you so much!

Where did the Glasses go?

Ok. so I had an eye exam appointment after work today. I had gone there about a week -2 weeks ago and picked out my frames. They put them in a container with my name on them.

After my exam, I went out to get fitted and they could not find the frames I picked out.. I could not believe it.. I felt myself getting riled up, but then realized maybe it was God saying I did not need those glasses at this time.
He has a better pair of frames waiting for me! I asked for my prescription to be written down, took the prescrption and left..

So.. hmm lesson in patience and God's timing in all.

Have a super evening

Robin:)

Dont ya just love God's little lessons?

Please pray for me and my fire dept. We have had 10 fires in 48 hours, one of them being an all nighter. We are tired, worn out, and almost at the end of our rope. We had another all nighter last weekend, and its taking its toll on us. Thanks all.
Fluffy

SweetSurrender and FaithWoman, bless you real good!1 It's SO wonderful to see how you're lives are moving in the Lord Jesus! You're both a great encouragement to me!!

Fluffy, the number of fires and length of time you're on them is dreadful. Praying for strength for you and the others in your team, that He will give you EXTRA energy so you can keep going. Meantime, do your very best to REST in Him in your heart and spirit, dear one! Praying always for you.

- BM

I just want to touch base and again say TY for all of your prayers and comments. Prayer is totally amazing. I am feeling more human again and I know that all of your prayers played a great role in my return to my senses.

God Bless You all! I love you so much!

Thankyou, Lord, that Wayne is doing better. We need this depression that strikes at him to stop. To that end, please help this family with practical things they need to improve their lives - so that the stress level may be reduced for them all. I lift each one of them up to you at this time, and trust them into your mighty hands!

Dear Father,

Please be with Fluffy and her department. We praise you that you are protecting them during all of these fires. Please continue to give them the strength they need to protect your people here on earth.
and Lord, may there be adequate amounts of rain to keep these fires within control and at bay.

Amen
Robin

ir-heading.gif
PRACTICAL NEW TESTAMENT CHRISTIANITY

MESSAGE #38

RUTS

I, Bondman, hereby state that I hate ruts! But I can tell you that God hates 'em more!!

If you're truly serious about Him, then you can expect to be shaken out of every rut you ever get into! You start to feel comfortable where you are: then a God-earthquake is soon coming to shake you right out of that groove you've got into, where maybe you feel like your Christian walk is going quite well! Y'see, the moment we get to feel this, then suddenly we don't need to be moment by moment trusting Him! Whoa!!

And because HE knows that constant trust and reliance on Him is the ONLY way that your walk in Him can work, then He simply has NO CHOICE! He HAS to do whatever it takes to move you from where you are, back to throwing yourself upon him in full reliance that He alone is your sufficiency. AND believe me HE WILL!! - and you probably won't enjoy it one bit.

But please do NOT fight this! He knows exactly what's needed. He NEVER ever makes a mistake! You may well feel very uncomfortable - even quite upset - for a time while He's working in you. You may even feel like you've lost the plot as a Believer, and get most concerned about this. But trust me, this is absolutely normal for the serious Christian man or woman!

What to do?? - just ACCEPT the earthquake from His hand, and in time it WILL end, and you'll likely find yourself in new territory! You may then rejoice and shout 'Hallelujah!' - for He has grown you to be a little more like the Lord Jesus!

- BM and Mrs BM
ir-the-inner-room1.gif

hspace1.gif

What to do?? - just ACCEPT the earthquake from His hand, and in time it WILL end, and you'll likely find yourself in new territory! You may then rejoice and shout 'Hallelujah!' - for He has grown you to be a little more like the Lord Jesus!

Amen to that one.. and since I Have had the lovely privelege of hearing your live voice.. I can just hear you saying " I hate ruts"!

Have a great one!

Robin

Amen to that one.. and since I Have had the lovely privelege of hearing your live voice.. I can just hear you saying " I hate ruts"!

Have a great one!

Robin

Haha!! With an Aussie accent, hey!

It's not a great lot of time ago that I had no idea how much He hated ruts. He had to show me the hard way, which really wasn't very funny at all. But I eventually got to see what He was on about, and (a) got out of my awful rut I was in at the time, then (b) finally 'got this', finally understanding a whole pile of times in my life when He seemed to be 'at me' about stuff yet I couldn't figure what or why...

Anyway, now I do get it, and am glad to be able to share this with all you dear guys! Be ready for the dreaded "C" word (CHANGE!!) when He brings it to you - cos if you love Him then ultimately He will NOT be denied!!!

Love to all!

- BM

I just loved what Fluffy said in the Coffee House HERE, at the end of explaining about herself and firefighting, and thought it important enough to post here too - the 'thankyou' thing:

"And if you see a firefighter from your area, or a paramedic, or a law enforcement officer, give them a thank you, too. Its amazing how much that makes a person stand taller, and try harder."

It's now many years ago that I realised that this world is NEGATIVE, not positive. That people are very quick to gripe, grizzle and complain. So I decided to go on a 'campaign' to do the opposite. I mean how hard is it to say a kind word. Like, "Thankyou!" Will our teeth all fall out if we open our mouth to say that??

I was amazed at the reactions I got. The checkout girl was astonished when I commented on her efficiency, the guy at the petrol pump amazed when I thanked him for his proficient service. And so started a life-long quest to spread some cheer into a rather sad and dismal world. And it's sure been great!!

ANYONE you compliment, say 'thankyou' to, or something else that's positive, helps change the world - and certainly that person's world!! Go for it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back