THE INNER ROOM - "Learn and Grow - to Maturity". Please read the 1st Post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had heard, that back in the day, there was a wall with a hole in it, very low to the ground. It was called the "Eye of the Needle". To unload a camel of its burden, it would kneel down and go thru the hole, and the burden would be pushed off.
However, looking at camels kneeling, I wonder how they are able to move forward like that, and what a mess it would make with it all spilling everywhere, and wouldnt it be easier to just have the camel kneel and unload it yourself?
So, whether this is true, or not, I dont know.
smile.gif

A Bump From God

A Bump From God

The morning started out with me feeling blue.. seemed like I was like that the night before as I sat surrounded by the boxes and all the outstanding details of all to do with my move. It was all overwhelming me. As I got my shower, the tears just flowed down my face with me crying to the Lord for the strength. Even amongst all my blessings, I was feeling down. I knew that I was on the path the Lord had for me, yet I was tired, I was overwhelmed, I was hurting inside. I knew that Satan was also working overtime in my life during these days. He did not want me to be happy. As I got out of the shower, I said my daily prayer of “ Lord please put as many people in front of me that need to hear your word and know of your love, and Lord please put as many people in my life today to uplift me.”

With there only being one week left of my old job, it was a crazy day with lots to do.
My office is offsite so I have to run back and forth to the hospital for meetings. After my last meeting for today, I walked back to my car. I got in. Started it out, started backing out and all of a sudden, I heard a big CRUNCH! Yep you guessed it I backed right into a car that was passing behind me! I got out of the car all upset. I went right into the Drivers door, I thought oh my gosh, I hope no one got hurt.

This woman got out of her car. The first thing I noticed was all these rings she was wearing. I told her how sorry I was. Neither one of us knew if we needed to call the police. There was no damage to my car and just a bump on her drivers door. I said I would call the police and ask. I walked back to my car ( mind you it was pouring down rain). I called the police and they said as long as no one was hurt, we just needed to exchange information. I asked her if she would like to get in my car and she did.

She saw my backseat was filled to the brim with stuff. She said I see you are moving?
I said I am but all this stuff here in my car is going to my church for folks that need stuff.
I started crying and said I am so sorry! She said look no one is hurt, God is awesome.
I then started to pour some of my feelings out of how I was feeling today. She said I know exactly how you feel and yes life is hard some days, but God gives us the strength each and every day. There is going to be good days. There is going to be bad days.

She said listen to me “ I am only here because of God! If it was not for him I would not be here. She said you see, my son who was 31 years old died 5 years ago of cancer. I saw him during his pain and suffering for 6 months. It was horrible. I miss my son. I love my son. There has been many days that I just want to kill myself and go be with my son. I miss my son each and every day, every minute, but the love of God gives me the strength to go on. I have 2 other children but they live away from here. My son lived right here and we talked every day and saw each other often. I no longer have my son. She stated I have been married 3 times. My first husband beat me and the kids. We finally had to go into hiding from him. It was awful. Then the 2nd marriage did not work, but she said now I have God and I have a wonderful husband. A man who was never married, never had children but loves my children and grandchildren.

She proceeded to share how she had moved 18 times in her life. I believe I am on move number 8. She shared God’s love and how he protected her, guided her, and strengthened her. She said we do not understand at all times, why things happen, but we need to continue to believe in him. He is our all. He is our being.

She then shared the story of all the rings she was wearing. She stated her husband hates it, but each ring is a blessing. They all represented someone from her life. She had her mother’s wedding ring, her husband’s class ring stone, rings special people gave her, she had a ring her son that died gave her and other ones. She said each morning when I wake and I do not want to get out bed and keep going, I look at my hand and tell myself how much Jesus loves me and how he has blessed me. That is what keeps me going, the blessings and his love.

As tears were streaming down my face, I took her hand and prayed and thanked God for our time of sharing. As I said Amen, she began to pray to the Lord , she asked the Lord to continue to guide Robin, to continue to strengthen Robin in her time of need. She said you know God meant for this to happen today Robin. He made you Bump into Me.
He had special messages for the both of us. She took a ring off her hand and handed it to me. She said now put this ring on and never take it off. The ring was shiny silver and had the inscripture written on it “ ANGEL POWER”. and there were tiny angels on the ring.
She said – If your faith starts to falter and you feel you cannot go on, just look at your blessing ring, knowing Jesus is living, Jesus will carry you.

She then got out of my car, got in her’s and drove away. Now if I would ever had guessed that the Lord would use a car accident ( minor one, thank goodness) to get my attention and speak.. hmmmm he is AWESOME!

:praises to him!

After I left there, I drove to the church to deliver my car of stuff. No one had showed up to help set the room up for the clothing ministry tomorrow morning. So I got busy with the Pastor and spent the next 3 hours preparing for the giveaway Saturday morning.

What a day! What a night!
Man- What will he have in store for me tomorrow!

Love ya all!

Robin

Goose Bumps

Oh, Robin, how awsome is our Heavenly Father! He just gave you that "bump" to show you how much He cares! What a wonderful life we live! :p

(now, where did I put my tissue? Excuse me a minute, sniff)
Robin, I just love hearing stories like this! It reminds me of how caring and loving our God is. This is what we call a "divine appointment". God engineered a divine appointment just for you, to encourage you. Hallelujah! Get up and shout for joy! Get up and do the Salvation Stomp!
*gets up to do just that*
Isnt it amazing, how He looks after us? Just when we are at the end of our rope, He does something so unexpected, so out of the ordinary....
There is a book called "Forever Ruined for the Ordinary". I forgot who wrote it, and I didnt read it (I'd like to) but the title really struck me. Who wants ordinary when we have a God like this???

Robin said:
Started backing out and all of a sudden, I heard a big CRUNCH! Yep you guessed it I backed right into a car that was passing behind me!

-snip-

Now if I would ever had guessed that the Lord would use a car accident ( minor one, thank goodness) to get my attention and speak.. hmmmm he is AWESOME!

Wonderful story about an awesome God alright! He sure blesses you, dear heart. Keep going cos you're doing great!

Does anyone know what it means when the verse says it's as hard as to get through the eye of a needle?

I had heard, that back in the day, there was a wall with a hole in it, very low to the ground. It was called the "Eye of the Needle". To unload a camel of its burden, it would kneel down and go thru the hole, and the burden would be pushed off.
However, looking at camels kneeling, I wonder how they are able to move forward like that, and what a mess it would make with it all spilling everywhere, and wouldnt it be easier to just have the camel kneel and unload it yourself?
So, whether this is true, or not, I dont know.
smile.gif

I've heard the different interpretations of this too.

Matthew 19
23 Then Jesus said to His disciples, “Assuredly, I say to you that it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 And again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

Why not read it just as Jesus said it:

v. 23 It's HARD for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God.
v. 24. I repeat, it's easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle then for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God.

Yep, pretty hard for a camel to do that! And no matter whether Jesus was meaning a literal needle, or referring to a special place (difficult to enter) - what does it matter? What He's doing is strongly repeating THE CLEAR MESSAGE IN V. 23: you're RICH - which all of us are - then it's gonna be hard to get into heaven!!

My next message, in more than one part, deals exactly with that clear New Testament truth.

I went back to reread the messages. There's no Mark 18. It goes up to 16....

Mark, I think he meant Mark 8:18.

18Having eyes, see ye not? and having ears, hear ye not? and do ye not remember?

That's cool you are reading more. And, I'll bet you are understanding more also. It's kinda like that when the Holy Spirit is in you and you are actually hungry to read His Word, not doing it just because you know you should. I hope we never lose that hunger. I think from what Bondman said, you will come to that place after awhile, that we will go beyond slipping back into sin, but continuing to grow. Press on, Bonnie
[/quote]

To Mark, I SO agree with Bonnie that to read and study (the two are quite different!) His Word, His love letter to us, is great to do!! That your hunger is growing is a great sign of His LIFE in you. Praise His name!

To Bonnie, it was sposed to be Mark 4. And seeing you missed where I said that PLUS I keep wanting to ADD things to the post cos there were very important things in it, I'm going to make another (somewhat different) message from it, below. Bless ya for your post!

To Fluffy, yes I had noticed that I talk about our CFS medical problem here in CFS. Thankyou for your lovely words, hon! I'm glad to still be here too. Funny - so is my wonderful Lady!!... *winsome smile*

ir-heading.gif
PRACTICAL NEW TESTAMENT CHRISTIANITY

MESSAGE #41

DO WE REALLY CARE?

PART 1

From Jesus' well-known parable of the sower and the seed may I repeat some very POWERFUL verses from my very first message here at CFS! Once again we see total contrasts here, that are so common in the NT:

Mark Ch 4
18 Still others, like seed sown among thorns, hear the word; 19 but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth ** and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful.

And the next verse:

20 Others, like seed sown on good soil, hear the word, accept it, and produce a crop—thirty, sixty or even a hundred times what was sown."

FACT: we are ALL very wealthy!! Even the poorest of us! (we at least own a computer, right... plus what else??) Most of the world hasn't anything even vaguely like the money, housing, food, leisure-time and life-style that we have!!!

poverty.jpg

The near-death child above represents a shocking ONE-THIRD of the world
who we don't care about, while we rich people live in unconscionable affluence!
That's two thousand million people right now HAVING no option but to continue to live
without enough FOOD to sustain their very LIFE!!!

PLUS in almost all cases when the adults die, their destination is HELL,
because we never told them about JESUS!

That's sooo SHOCKING - and I will never apologise for writing about it again. Plus I will keep doing this, for so long as there remain real people living like that!!If you are already making moves towards responsible living to tangibly CARE about these dear but utterly HELPLESS folk, I figure you'll be applauding! If not, then I feel like I need to keep writing - if you see what I mean!

In our relative personal 'poverty' by Western standards, we already help in a small but very effective way with both of the above problems. PLUS we've had a wonderful Christian Charity set up since 2002 to enable a MASSIVE amount more to be done! To date we've been unable to do this, but anyone who wants may join with us - we'd love to hear from you!

When I know that the time is right in the Lord to tell you what we do, and how we do it, and why it's so effective, I shall immediately write it here (I actually don't quite understand why He's still not letting me - but He's not! This is the third time I've 'gone close'...)

We are always as close as a PM! With much love,

- BM and his Lady
ir-the-inner-room1.gif

QUESTIONS WELCOME!

hspace1.gif

alwaysgodslovecocacola.jpg

Bondman, and the rest of the gang, I hope you do not mind my sharing a study in which I am trying so hard to follow myself...
WHAT IS A DISCIPLE?

1. A disciple is a believer.
"Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household." Acts 16:31

2. A disciple is a follower.
Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. Matthew 16:24

3.A disciple is a learner.
31To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." John 8:31-32

4. A disciple is a witness.
Jesus did not let him, but said, "Go home to your family and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you." Mark 5:19

5. A disciple is baptized.
Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

6. A disciple is a re-producer
This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

7. A disciple should have a healthy balance between evangelism and discipleship. Teaching and training.

Thanks Wayne that's good stuff!
________________________________________________________________________________________
"A disciple should have a healthy balance between evangelism and discipleship. Teaching and training."

You posted this for me didn't you... :D

Something came to me and made me smile for an uncomfortably long time. :D

Wouldn't it be amazing to live back when Jesus did and be one of the people who followed him? One of the people who talked to him, asked him questions, and learned first hand from him? It would be such an honor, wouldn't it?! Wouldn't it make you so happy and give you so much hope?!

Well guess what. Jesus IS alive! You ARE one of His disciples following Him! You CAN and already DO talk to Him, ask Him questions, and learn from Him first hand! It IS such an honor! It SHOULD make you SO Happy and give you SO much hope!

This is true VERY LITERALLY. Maybe not so literal to the physical world, BUT we know that's not what matters. The spiritual realm is what matters, and IS the REAL world. And in the REAL world, the previous paragraph is all TRUE, ABSOLUTELY LITERALLY!

He HAS risen and IS with you. Take that more literally than you are even able to. What do I mean? Assume you don't even understand how true it is - because you don't - and strive to achieve a better understanding of how true it is.

And even better, NOW, we have record of His teachings way back when, and know that He has risen. So then, do we not have it even BETTER?

GOD BLESS

Something came to me and made me smile for an uncomfortably long time. :D

Wouldn't it be amazing to live back when Jesus did and be one of the people who followed him? One of the people who talked to him, asked him questions, and learned first hand from him? It would be such an honor, wouldn't it?! Wouldn't it make you so happy and give you so much hope?!

Well guess what. Jesus IS alive! You ARE one of His disciples following Him! You CAN and already DO talk to Him, ask Him questions, and learn from Him first hand! It IS such an honor! It SHOULD make you SO Happy and give you SO much hope!

This is true VERY LITERALLY. Maybe not so literal to the physical world, BUT we know that's not what matters. The spiritual realm is what matters, and IS the REAL world. And in the REAL world, the previous paragraph is all TRUE, ABSOLUTELY LITERALLY!

He HAS risen and IS with you. Take that more literally than you are even able to. What do I mean? Assume you don't even understand how true it is - because you don't - and strive to achieve a better understanding of how true it is.

And even better, NOW, we have record of His teachings way back when, and know that He has risen. So then, do we not have it even BETTER?

GOD BLESS

correct mark Good post.:)

Hi, sc! Absolutely!!

Love it, Mark! We live like Spiritual paupers, when we're actually so Spiritually RICH! Let's GRAB them there riches with both hands!!

our biggest riches,are telling truth and uncovering whopping lies.Good job Jesus knows what,s in people,s hearts,there is no escaping.:)

ANOTHER PRAYER REQUEST

SERIOUS!

Oh, dear, I'm sorry to be needing to do this again...

Following nearly losing my life last Thursday (full details in my Blog HERE) with the serious episode I had of accidentally and badly overdoing it, then not being able to get enough oxygen into my blood-stream to keep me alive - well, now I'm not recovering!

We did NOT expect that! My total bodily system is affected, and I am actually losing ground a little each day which is really quite BAD - cos we've known for years that if anything ever happened to 'push me over the limit' I SIMPLY WOULDN'T HAVE ENOUGH LEFT IN THE TANK TO FIGHT BACK, AND WOULD END UP DYING. Sorry to tell it as straight as that, but that's the exact situation at the moment...

I don't believe it's my time to go, and I don't want to leave my ill Beloved. You are our family - we have no one else to constantly and caringly pray for us but you dear people here.

I KNOW that EARNEST PRAYER by serious Believers can and will move God!!! (I suspect it would probably feel pretty fantastic to be part of a major prayer miracle!)

Thanks so much guys!!!

- BM

FOUR HABITS OF A DISCIPLE:

First off, habits are, as we all know, harder to quit, than to start. A habit is said to take 30 days to start.

Second, what is a habit? (Dictionary.com)
1. an acquired behavior pattern regularly followed until it has become almost involuntary: the habit of looking both ways before crossing the street.
2. customary practice or use: Daily bathing is an American habit.
3. a particular practice, custom, or usage: the habit of shaking hands.
4. a dominant or regular disposition or tendency; prevailing character or quality: She has a habit of looking at the bright side of things.
5. addiction, esp. to narcotics (often prec. by the).
6. mental character or disposition: a habit of mind.
7. characteristic bodily or physical condition.

1. Time in God's Word
31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:31-32

2. Prayer
" If you remain in Me, and my word remain in you, then you will ask for anything you wish, and you shall have it...in this way you become my disciples. John 14:7-8 (GN)

3. Tithing
So you cannot become my disciple without giving up everything you own. Luke 14:33

4. Fellowship
34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” John 13:34-35

"A customary practice"

"Sow a thought, Reap an act." "Sow an act, Reap a habit." "Sow a habit, reap character"

Bondman...you are most definitely in my prayers. You are such a very special person and are definitely blessed by God. May He wrap His arms around you tightly and give you His never ending warmth and comfort!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back