THE INNER ROOM - "Learn and Grow - to Maturity". Please read the 1st Post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, does that mean not to add or subtract from the book of Revelations?

I thought it meant the Book of the Bible, but it sounds like it is talking about the Book of Revelations. :confused:

You were right, the verses certainly DO mean the whole Bible, not just Revelation.

Also, does this mean in the Mormon Church, that only Joseph Smith, who wrote the Bom (Book of Mormon), will be punished for changing God's word, or will any Mormon who believes in the Bom be doomed. What say ye? That's kinda scary beings I once was one. Of course I never believed that Joe Smith was truly a prophet. I knew something was fishy. :fish:

God is the final judge - and I'm sure glad it's Him and not me!! But because Smith effectively wrote a "new Bible" which has taken countless people AWAY from the truth, AWAY from the Word of God, and thus AWAY from SALVATION IN CHRIST, then the Word of God is clear as to what his end will likely be!

Sadly, the end of most Mormons is likely to be the same. But not necessarily all. Even in the midst of the most terrible falsehoods there will almost certainly be a few who somehow manage to TRUST Jesus for their salvation. But in saying that, I'm not in any way saying that Mormonism is okay or that I would EVER advise someone to stay in that church - I'm truly, truly glad that you left, and now know where your salvation lies and can be assured of heaven!!

Love,

- BM

thumb_Blessing_To_The_Soul.jpg

D verses G

Happy Wednesday,
Well I am a bit tired, but just had to write this quick note.

Which letter is more used in your vocabulary? D or G?

For you see the D letter is from the Devil.
Despondent
Depressed
Dire
Distress
Distracted
Devil

The letter G letter is from God
Glory
Grace
Giving
Greatness
God

It is our thoughts and our words we use that produce our actions.
For me.. I need to get those G words going in my head!

Have a super night! Hope all is well with everyone!

Faithwoman

Happy Wednesday,
Well I am a bit tired, but just had to write this quick note.

Which letter is more used in your vocabulary? D or G?

For you see the D letter is from the Devil.
Despondent
Depressed
Dire
Distress
Distracted
Devil

The letter G letter is from God
Glory
Grace
Giving
Greatness
God

It is our thoughts and our words we use that produce our actions.
For me.. I need to get those G words going in my head!

Have a super night! Hope all is well with everyone!

Faithwoman

Love them G words!! (How's about 'growth', 'good', and 'goodness' too? Not sure if it's even cool to the younger generation any more to want to be 'good'... To me 'God' and 'good' go together just fine!)

ir-heading.gif
PRACTICAL NEW TESTAMENT CHRISTIANITY

MESSAGE #97

A SPIRITUAL CHECKUP (are you game!) - 1

Donkey's years ago I came across a little booklet that just put queries to you about major Spiritual truths, for you to use to gauge where you were in your Christian life. I found it amazing and quite wonderful! Can't promise to do as well as it did sorry, but here are a few things for you to have a look at and consider before the Lord (of course there’s a prize for anyone who can PM me to say you got every question right! *heavenly grin!*)

1. Do you believe in Christ as your Saviour from all sin?
2. Have your repented of all sin, i.e., turned your back on your old life determined to live a wholly new life in Christ?
3. Jesus IS Lord! So have you taken Him as LORD (boss) over all of your life?
4. Was that all of your life, or still just some of your life? (the convenient parts…)
5. Are you are serious God-seeker, i.e., are you determined to seek and seek till you find all of Him that you possibly can?
6. Do you search and study the Scriptures in order to find all of Him?
7. Do you treat the Bible as God's personal Word to you and for you?
8. Do you accept that God inspired every word in the whole Bible?
9. Do you accept that we now live in the New Testament as God’s sole life-guidebook for us (no longer the Old Testament)?
10. Do you understand that we have to die to all of our old life (old self) in order to be able to live the new life in God.
11. Do you realise that you have to give up (all of) your life to the Lord in order to save it?
12. Do you still live in the world, are worldly, i.e., how much of your life is still worldly, materialistic, money-oriented?
13. Have you truly given up the world and the things of the world, changing your attitude to it, so you can now put God first in all things in your life?
14. Is all of your money God’s, or some of it still yours?
15. If God asked you to give Him money, or sell something and give Him the money, would you do it?
16. How important in your daily life and living is being obedient to God?

"A Spiritual Checkup - 2" is here...

- BM, and his Lady
ir-the-inner-room1.gif

TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY
FOR EVER AND EVER! AMEN!

hspace1.gif

Well, I got alot of those, ok. But at least one I am stuck on. 4 and 13 to be exact. :D But I'm working on it! ha!:D

I played the game...

I still have some work to do..

Great way to make one think !

Faithwoman

Yes, it's not a game (my fault for making a joke about it).

A VERY serious considering of who we are in the Lord, in earnest prayer before the Lord, to see how we are going in our walk with Him, and where we may need more truth, more dedication, more commitment, more submission.

Bless you, hon!

- BM

Hey, Bondman! All these graphics have come from only one source! I am thinking about trying another one, because photobucket has so much in it that....well, they leave a bad taste in my mouth, give me shudders, make me cringe. But then I cry out to God when I see those and ask Him to help the ones that have made those graphics. To bring them to salvation, to heal the hurts that are obviously in their hearts. But then, the image gets stuck in my head, and I have to work really hard to get it out. So expect a change!

Originally Posted by Faithwoman
I played the game...

I still have some work to do..

Great way to make one think !

Faithwoman

Yes, it's not a game (my fault for making a joke about it).

A VERY serious considering of who we are in the Lord, in earnest prayer before the Lord, to see how we are going in our walk with Him, and where we may need more truth, more dedication, more commitment, more submission.

Bless you, hon!

I know what you meant.. you did not.. it was titled spiritual checkup.. are you game..
So when I did it.. I responded by meaning I played the game.. ie.. taking the quiz..

Yes I am sure I had "played the game of life" for some time..

Have a super evening
I go tonite for my first appointment with a Christian counselor here in my new town.. that is kind of exciting and nerve wracking at the same time.

Hugs
Faithwoman:groupray:

ir-heading.gif
PRACTICAL NEW TESTAMENT CHRISTIANITY

MESSAGE #98

HANDLING EVIL

This was supposed to just be a reply post, but I feel it's important enough to make it a brief Message.

Fluffy said:
Hey, Bondman! All these graphics have come from only one source! I am thinking about trying another one, because photobucket has so much in it that....well, they leave a bad taste in my mouth, give me shudders, make me cringe. But then I cry out to God when I see those and ask Him to help the ones that have made those graphics. To bring them to salvation, to heal the hurts that are obviously in their hearts. But then, the image gets stuck in my head, and I have to work really hard to get it out. So expect a change!

Yes, it's good to be able to pray for those who create the bad stuff there, but it's no good at all for you to get the rotten stuff stuck in your head!

I've always loved this quick 1,2,3,4 that Paul wrote to the church at Thessalonica - reminds me of shots out of a semi-automatic!! :D

1 Thessalonians Ch 5
16 Rejoice always,
17 pray without ceasing,
18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
19 Do not quench the Spirit.
20 Do not despise prophecies.
21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.
22 Abstain from every form of evil.

So much GREAT advice there! But in v.22 I think the Lord is saying to us all: "Hey, you guys, keep all that stuff RIGHT OUT OF YOUR LIFE!!" Obviously He's NOT saying to stay away from those people who do evil, else we'd never be able to get anyone else saved!! But we do have to learn to be able to HANDLE what I'll call "mixing it with evil", i.e., becoming STRONG about this, so as NOT LET IT GET TO US!! (important!)

What I strongly feel He's saying is that we must learn to be STRONG concerning evil, and as we seek to evangelise the world - which IS evil - to keep ourselves and our hearts PURE! "Brother, Sister, keep yourself ONLY for ME!!"

DONCHA JUST LOVE THAT!!!

May we all learn how to grow, by His Spirit, in this important area of our Christian living!

- BM, with Lady BM
ir-the-inner-room1.gif

No man can ever know all the truth - only GOD can!
All I can do is constantly depend on the Holy Spirit to show me
THE Truth from His Holy Word. If you ever see what
looks like wrong Scripture please tell me.

hspace1.gif

The Tour

As I was driving home for lunch yesterday, a voice spoke and said go to the YWCA, which is right down the street from me. I went there on the leading. I walked in and asked for a tour of the facility. I explained I was new to the area and wanted to see what services they offered.

They told me a woman named Linda would give me my tour. She greeted me with a big smile. We walked side by side throughout the facility. She stopped at different areas and explained what each area did.

As we stood in a room called My Sisters closet (which is a gently used clothing shop) a gentleman came in and said "the bus is here". She asked is it 12:30? She looked at her watch and said oh it is only 12:20. I said I can let you go if you need to catch the bus. She spoke back:

Yes the bus is for me. I take it home. I AM BLIND.. I just stood there my mouth must have dropped to the floor! This woman gave me a tour of the whole facility, stopping pointing her hand to each thing. I would never in a million years imagined she was blind. Her eyes did not give that appearance, she was looking around, smiling and did not miss a beat on the tour.. She has been blind since birth, could read large print when younger as she got older, it got worse and now can only respond a bit to light. She stated she does not use a cane at work or home, but uses it when she goes out and about. She said for people to look at her , they would never know. She stated it is the strength that she gets from the Lord that she can go on each and every day.

My point is, not only did I get a tour of the facility, but the Lord wanted me to take a tour of my heart and my life and soul. The Lord wanted to show me how fortunate I am. The Lord wanted me to be thankful for what I have and to not get stuck on the "what about me, what about me, syndrome! I thought to myself " I have no right to complain about anything! I think my life is hard? Cut me a break Robin! You are doing well!
Yes you have your struggles, but can you imagine Robin! Here is a woman who has no sight, but has so much more. She really has faith in the unseen! That is what scares alot of us. We are to trust in the unknowing and the unseen. What I am learning is that even though, we physically do not see Jesus, he does show us in so many ways, who he is, what he represents and what he does for us! We at times are just way to busy, we close our eyes that have sight to what he has for us.

Oh Dear Heavenly Father, may I continue to keep my eyes open, my heart open and my ears open to your word, to your guidance, to the wonders you put in my life on a daily basis! Thank you Heavenly Father for that tour yesterday. You truly did show me a lesson! I love you Jesus! May you continue to guide me and all here ! Amen!

Faithwoman

We are to trust in the unknowing and the unseen. What I am learning is that even though, we physically do not see Jesus, he does show us in so many ways, who he is, what he represents and what he does for us! We at times are just way to busy, we close our eyes that have sight to what he has for us.

I totally agree. We DO get too busy (actually we already ARE too busy is much closer to the truth), and we do NOT SEE near as much of Him as we could.

If we truly LOOK, though, if we really WANT to see, then He can show us Himself...

Bless you, hon!!

- BM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back