THE INNER ROOM - "Learn and Grow - to Maturity". Please read the 1st Post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, Sweetsurrender started it. Its confession time!
I have recently been made aware of, by the Lord, that when I pray "Lord, what do You want me to do?" I am actually planning on seeing if His agenda fits mine. Will what He tells me to do fit in with what I want? If its not in my comfort zone will I say "oh, not right now, Lord!" or "oh, I cant do THAT!" Or if I dont like what He says I will reject it? Pick and choose so to speak. ACK! Not a good thing!
When we ask, we should be fully prepared to obey exactly what He says, when He says it!

Yep - otherwise a bit of a waste uv time askin' in the 1st place I reckon!! "Personal agendas" that we all tend to have as Christians. Yuk, HATE 'EM!!!!

Must admit that I do love the fact we feel free to 'confess' here. We have a relaxed atmosphere and loving, so I guess that explains it. It's rather unusual tho, I would have thought.

I noticed that your edit was 'names changed to protect the guilt... er, innocent!' Hmm... that got me intrigued! *hides a broad grin*

I tried to confess here, my problems, but I don't feel I should speak them as I feel a new. I am transforming and this love is gonna make me blow up so I must share some hearts so that doesn't happen.

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

FREE INDEED!!!

Some notes:
- Don't put God in a box based on past experiences. You can experience Him in infinite ways.
- You WILL look like a freak to the world. Forget about it! You are set apart from the world and being prepared for having spiritual authority and power.

'LORD, I WANT TO DO ONLY WHAT YOU WANT ME TO DO!'

‘Lord,

I want to do
ONLY
what YOU want me to do!’

Alrighty then.. I have seen so much and worked through so much, then have seen where I have slipped a bit.. not reading the word as much and not praying as much.. did I see a difference when I did not take the time as I was. . yes not a good difference.. I will confess and admit I do have hope.. but I had begun to have hope in the wrong things.. I confess that and I pray to the Lord to get me back on track.. he will I know that , I do believe that. It all comes back to Proverbs 3:5-6 for me. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding, acknowledge him in all ways and he will make your paths straight.. You see he does know all, he sees all. If I just look to him and keep looking to him, I will be ok.. but if I am a Peter and take my eyes off of him and look at the storms, then I begin to sink.. I feel my boat sinking a bit, but I know what I need to do to get back afloat.

There are days like today that I just wish I could stay home and not work and clean up this house that I have let go. I need to take care of all things the Lord has given me. He watches me every day to see if I am taking care of what he is given me.. he does correct me.. just like when working on a project for work.. I lost my spreadsheet of work. poof.. gone.. deleted. Why? because I became distracted..

Oh Lord.. I come to you this morning and pray for all my friends here, that no matter what we are going through, ill health, personal matters that you continue to be our shining light and our daily strength.

Amen
Faithwoman:)

I tried to confess here, my problems, but I don't feel I should speak them as I feel a new. I am transforming and this love is gonna make me blow up so I must share some hearts so that doesn't happen.

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

FREE INDEED!!!

Some notes:
- Don't put God in a box based on past experiences. You can experience Him in infinite ways.
- You WILL look like a freak to the world. Forget about it! You are set apart from the world and being prepared for having spiritual authority and power.

The hearts were great, Mark! Sometimes it is not the right time or place or whatever to share. We must take care as to who we share with and what we share. The Scriptures say for us to confess our faults to one another. James 5:16. But great WISDOM is needed as to who we do this with. And a public forum is SELDOM the place to do it.

Thankyou for your pearls of wisdom at the end of your post! (We can try to box God - but never succeed. He's FAAAAAR to GREAT for that!!!!)

- BM

Alrighty then.. I have seen so much and worked through so much, then have seen where I have slipped a bit.. not reading the word as much and not praying as much.. did I see a difference when I did not take the time as I was. . yes not a good difference.. I will confess and admit I do have hope.. but I had begun to have hope in the wrong things.. I confess that and I pray to the Lord to get me back on track.. he will I know that , I do believe that. It all comes back to Proverbs 3:5-6 for me. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding, acknowledge him in all ways and he will make your paths straight.. You see he does know all, he sees all. If I just look to him and keep looking to him, I will be ok.. but if I am a Peter and take my eyes off of him and look at the storms, then I begin to sink.. I feel my boat sinking a bit, but I know what I need to do to get back afloat.

There are days like today that I just wish I could stay home and not work and clean up this house that I have let go. I need to take care of all things the Lord has given me. He watches me every day to see if I am taking care of what he is given me.. he does correct me.. just like when working on a project for work.. I lost my spreadsheet of work. poof.. gone.. deleted. Why? because I became distracted..

Oh Lord.. I come to you this morning and pray for all my friends here, that no matter what we are going through, ill health, personal matters that you continue to be our shining light and our daily strength.

Amen
Faithwoman:)

You are in our prayers, dear one, as you work through those things with the Lord Who loves you with an everlasting love!!

I am back home unexpectedly. They did not do the prostate trimming after all. Evidently the worst of my problem may have been caused from some major infection and inflammation, or possibly from nerve damage with my chronic back issues.

At the moment I am feeling fairly well, with the exception of my back pain.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, and I look forward to our growing fellowship.

YBIC,

Wayne

ir-heading.gif
PRACTICAL NEW TESTAMENT CHRISTIANITY

MESSAGE #107

A RELATIONSHIP WITH ALMIGHTY GOD? Come on now...!

Originally Posted by Fluffy
Ok, Sweetsurrender started it. Its confession time!
I have recently been made aware of, by the Lord, that when I pray "Lord, what do You want me to do?" I am actually planning on seeing if His agenda fits mine. Will what He tells me to do fit in with what I want? If its not in my comfort zone will I say "oh, not right now, Lord!" or "oh, I cant do THAT!" Or if I dont like what He says I will reject it? Pick and choose so to speak. ACK! Not a good thing!
When we ask, we should be fully prepared to obey exactly what He says, when He says it!
I was at prayer today when suddenly these posts came into my mind and God started showing me a new seriousness about this matter - far beyond what I'd previously realised.

I've acknowledged for ages that we Westerners simply appear to not know HOW to be SERIOUS WITH GOD with regard to living our life as He COMMANDS us to in the New Testament. I've known we had a 'take it or leave it' sort of attitude - only if it suits US. I've worked through this subject myself in various areas of my life over a period of years. I've long seen that our riches and our materialistic attitude and lives are a MAJOR problem to ever FULLY BECOMING HIS MAN OR WOMAN... and more.

I've seen it all! But Fluffy's post really ROCKED me. WOW!! My dear, dear friend who I've looked up to and honoured and loved, who has supported me and helped me. She knows how much I think of her!! Her words above have shown me - reminded me! - how SUBTLE and how TRICKY our heart is, how incredibly EASY it is for us to be fooled and to fool ourselves, how early we've got to get up in the morning in order to get things right, AND TO BE LIVING RIGHT!! How close we need to be living to the Lord our God, every day. Oh Lord, please SAVE US from such dreadful traps!!!

But something I find very special happened with Fluffy concerning this matter. She didn't have to wait to read my Message "Lord, I want to do ONLY what YOU want me to do". NO, the Lord had ALREADY made her aware of this! Goodness, HOW DID HE COME TO DO THAT? Well I've not asked her, but I can pretty-much work it out. He was able to do that because: (a) she was open to Him, earnestly wanting to be all His, and (b) was doing her very best to be listening to what He wanted to tell her.

MY FRIENDS - THIS IS RELATIONSHIP! A tangible, personal, working relationship WITH HER GOD. This helped her a great pile!! Yet "strangely" this relationship was - IS - WHAT GOD HIMSELF ALSO WANTED!!! But WHY? I'm not sure I can adequately answer that. Because it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me that God would want to relate... TO ME!!! I mean, that's crazy! HE IS GOD, for goodness sake!! I'm less than one teensy grain of sand on all of the beaches in all of the world!

But apparently... He cares about me - and about you!! Even LOVES ME and YOU!!!

How can we not respond to that? I certainly CANNOT! Respond by STARTING TO BUILD A REAL RELATIONSHIP WITH HIM. That's what HE WANTS!! Start now!!!

- BM, with his Lady's wonderful support
ir-the-inner-room1.gif

TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY
FOR EVER AND EVER! AMEN!

hspace1.gif

Knowing, Really Knowing Him

Thanx for all you have written guys. Yes, BM, it is sometimes hard to believe that GOD still loves after He sees what is actually in our hearts! :eek: And it even hinders us, if we are honest with ourselves about the condition of our hearts, in getting closer to Him. Sometimes I feel so scared of coming to Him because I know it's been awhile and I feel guilty. But, you know what? As I found out, the devil is an accuser of the Brethren and it is a lie he tries to get us to believe. . . the lie that we are not worthy to come to Him and talk with Him. Satan tells us God won't hear us now. :(

When that thought comes to your mind, just refuse to believe it. :mad: It is hard to do that because it is hard to recognize it is from satan, not God. :sad01_anim: But, I keep notes on the mirror to myself to "Remember God is my Heavenly Father" and "He will always love me and want fellowship with me." He will never leave me, even when I leave Him.:smile_anim:

I also have one that says "Remember, this world is not your home!" I heard a song that had those words in it. It was in a hymnal I think. Does anyone know the name of it and I can look it up.

I don't think we'll ever get it straight on this earth. But I know I'm trying to rely on God's strength, not my own. That's my priority, because when I am weak, He is strong for me. :dance:

I am back home unexpectedly. They did not do the prostate trimming after all. Evidently the worst of my problem may have been caused from some major infection and inflammation, or possibly from nerve damage with my chronic back issues.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, and I look forward to our growing fellowship.

YBIC,

Wayne

That is SO wonderful, Wayne! No operation, wow!! Very glad to hear of how you're feeling - with the exception of that rotten back pain, obviously.

Love and blessings, my brother!

- BM

Thanx for all you have written guys. Yes, BM, it is sometimes hard to believe that GOD still loves after He sees what is actually in our hearts! :eek: And it even hinders us, if we are honest with ourselves about the condition of our hearts, in getting closer to Him. Sometimes I feel so scared of coming to Him because I know it's been awhile and I feel guilty. But, you know what? As I found out, the devil is an accuser of the Brethren and it is a lie he tries to get us to believe. . . the lie that we are not worthy to come to Him and talk with Him. Satan tells us God won't hear us now. :(

When that thought comes to your mind, just refuse to believe it. :mad: It is hard to do that because it is hard to recognize it is from satan, not God. :sad01_anim: But, I keep notes on the mirror to myself to "Remember God is my Heavenly Father" and "He will always love me and want fellowship with me." He will never leave me, even when I leave Him.:smile_anim:

I also have one that says "Remember, this world is not your home!" I heard a song that had those words in it. It was in a hymnal I think. Does anyone know the name of it and I can look it up.

I don't think we'll ever get it straight on this earth. But I know I'm trying to rely on God's strength, not my own. That's my priority, because when I am weak, He is strong for me. :dance:

Some great words here, hon! Great work!!

Lyrics of the piece you mentioned:
This world is not my home I'm just a passing through
My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue
The angels beckon me from heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore.

CHORUS:
Oh Lord you know I have no friend like you
If heaven's not my home then Lord what will I do
The angels beckon me from heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore.
I've seen more verses, and variations on the above. When I was teaching kids about the Lord and getting them saved in the 1960's, I played the 'Squeeze Box' (Piano Accordion) and this was one of the choruses they loved!

Yes, this world sure ISN'T our home, and we won't be here very long. Whereas eternity is FOREVER (so it's a top idea to be right ready!!)

Much love,

- BM

EDIT: I expect to have a Message up tomorrow about the devil being an accuser and guilt.

am back home unexpectedly. They did not do the prostate trimming after all. Evidently the worst of my problem may have been caused from some major infection and inflammation, or possibly from nerve damage with my chronic back issues.

Wow Wayne that part is awesome! no surgery! yeahhhhhhhhhh

I know you still struggle with other things.. but man the Lord blessed on this one!

Faithwoman

I just want to quickly say how much I love all of you here in the Inner Room, and let you all know how special you truly are! May God continue to bestow His blessings upon you all and fill your lives with joy and comfort!

Amen.

This ministry is such a blessing, the people here are such a blessing, Lord thank you for this. Lord take this and get more out of it. Accelerate Your movement and step up the level of Your presence in the people here Lord, awaken us, hold us, move us, humble us, prepare us, transform us, strengthen us, and open us our sweet Jesus. Let us not settle, let us burn with an incredible passion, let us make You alone our portion and let us keep going for more and more and more of You Jesus. Shake the world around us, keep our focus on taking care of each other and being tolerant and not distracted by the things that don't matter. Let us focus on You oh Jesus. Let us focus on eternity and Your will alone, oh Jesus. Bring us up oh Lord and show off Your glory in us. MAKE us glow for You whether we want to or not! Use us completely and draw more souls to worship and live for you oh Jesus. Thank you Jesus. You are King oh Jesus. All powerful oh Jesus. Perfect, loving, and just is our God. He is good indeed. Let us not be lukewarm, let us be on fire, and manifest by Your Holy Spirit, oh Lord. Let us yield to the power of the Holy Spirit and not be held back by ANYTHING. Burn out of existence - our thoughts that hinder Your movement. Make your works dramatic in our lives oh God. Shake the world around us. Completely destroy our old selves and make way for Your own work toward You own glory. Let us take this seriously. Let us get the heck out of the way so You can make amazing things happen. Oh Lord oh Jesus thank you. We love you Jesus, we love You Jesus, we love You Jesus. Do great things oh Lord, we need you, in these times, come in STRONG oh Lord, we are yielded, use us oh Lord. Come come come, Jesus come. Full throttle - move in our lives oh Lord, Your will be blown forth fiercely, consuming us and transforming us. Move in us soon oh God. Make way in us, and do something HUGE now God. Thank You, thank You, thank You, oh Lord. Thank You Jesus. Precious Jesus, thank You for Your mercy and love. Thank You Jesus!! Up with your name Jesus!! Forever You reign!! Forever we praise You!! Forever we serve You!! Love for everyone, by Your hand, in Your name. It's PERFECT!! Thank You Jesus. There is nothing more and we want nothing less than You oh Jesus! Thank You Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY SPIRIT COME!!!

Amen.

This ministry is such a blessing, the people here are such a blessing, Lord thank you for this. Lord take this and get more out of it. Accelerate Your movement and step up the level of Your presence in the people here Lord, awaken us, hold us, move us, humble us, prepare us, transform us, strengthen us, and open us our sweet Jesus. Let us not settle, let us burn with an incredible passion, let us make You alone our portion and let us keep going for more and more and more of You Jesus. Shake the world around us, keep our focus on taking care of each other and being tolerant and not distracted by the things that don't matter. Let us focus on You oh Jesus. Let us focus on eternity and Your will alone, oh Jesus. Bring us up oh Lord and show off Your glory in us. MAKE us glow for You whether we want to or not! Use us completely and draw more souls to worship and live for you oh Jesus. Thank you Jesus. You are King oh Jesus. All powerful oh Jesus. Perfect, loving, and just is our God. He is good indeed. Let us not be lukewarm, let us be on fire, and manifest by Your Holy Spirit, oh Lord. Let us yield to the power of the Holy Spirit and not be held back by ANYTHING. Burn out of existence - our thoughts that hinder Your movement. Make your works dramatic in our lives oh God. Shake the world around us. Completely destroy our old selves and make way for Your own work toward You own glory. Let us take this seriously. Let us get the heck out of the way so You can make amazing things happen. Oh Lord oh Jesus thank you. We love you Jesus, we love You Jesus, we love You Jesus. Do great things oh Lord, we need you, in these times, come in STRONG oh Lord, we are yielded, use us oh Lord. Come come come, Jesus come. Full throttle - move in our lives oh Lord, Your will be blown forth fiercely, consuming us and transforming us. Move in us soon oh God. Make way in us, and do something HUGE now God. Thank You, thank You, thank You, oh Lord. Thank You Jesus. Precious Jesus, thank You for Your mercy and love. Thank You Jesus!! Up with your name Jesus!! Forever You reign!! Forever we praise You!! Forever we serve You!! Love for everyone, by Your hand, in Your name. It's PERFECT!! Thank You Jesus. There is nothing more and we want nothing less than You oh Jesus! Thank You Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY SPIRIT COME!!!

This post is EXACTLY why I have simply LOVED young people all of my life!! Loved their zeal for the Lord. Loved their unclouded view of life and truth. Loved their energy and determination.

We older folk can learn a lot from Mark and others like him. Life may have belted us around a bit by now. We've had the hardships we did NOT like. We've maybe had confusion and uncertainty, and experienced hurt, misunderstanding and unfairness. We've had enough of these things that something has maybe died deep down in our spirit.

BUT THE LORD CAN PUT ALL OF THIS TO RIGHTS IN OUR LIVES! It's time to throw off the 'stuff' that's holding us back. And as good a place as anywhere to start is to get a good strong grasp of how Mark views the Lord, life, how the world works, the clarity of his focus (JESUS or nothing!), and his determination to stick with the program - no matter what!

I'm NOT saying Mark is perfect or his life is perfect, and I know he will agree. Rather it's the freshness of his attitude and approach that we can all profit from I reckon!

Thanks brother, that was really quite fabbo!!

- BM

You say "loved" young people. You don't love us any more? :( Just kidding! XD

FAR from perfect. Thanks Bondman. It's the truth of God unpolluted by our opinion.

Christianity is full of extremes - those truths that are perfect and powerful and ARE actually plain and simple and need to be PUSHED PUSHED PUSHED into our view constantly.

Us OUT - Truth IN

ir-heading.gif
PRACTICAL NEW TESTAMENT CHRISTIANITY

MESSAGE #108

ABOUT GUILT AND THE DEVIL

Originally Posted by SweetSurrender
Sometimes I feel so scared of coming to Him because I know it's been awhile and I feel guilty. But, you know what? As I found out, the devil is an accuser of the Brethren and it is a lie he tries to get us to believe. . . the lie that we are not worthy to come to Him and talk with Him. Satan tells us God won't hear us now. :(

When that thought comes to your mind, just refuse to believe it. :mad: It is hard to do that because it is hard to recognize it is from satan, not God. :sad01_anim:
FIRSTLY, yes, satan certainly will accuse you - if you listen to him! (I nearly said, "If you're silly enough to listen!" which is true, but not the sort of thing I say to folks! *so you didn't hear that from ME, okay!...* *chuckles into his beard*) SOMETHING GOOD I CAN SHARE ABOUT THIS: He never succeeds in accusing me any more, cos long ago I stopped listening to the UTTER GARBAGE and total CODSWALLOP that he comes up with!! *so har-di-har to him!!*

But you CAN tell if it came from the devil or not, and here's how!! If you're feeling ACCUSATION or GUILT of any kind, this came from the DEVIL - or else from your OWN mind and heart. FACT: God will NEVER ACCUSE YOU or make you feel GUILTY! In Romans 8:1 God promises you that for the Christian Believer, there is NEVER any condemnation from Him of ANY kind!!!

ACTION required: NEVER EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, ACCEPT GUILT!! (whether you put this upon yourself or allowed the devil to accuse you). If you messed up in any way, and feel GUILTY for whatever reason, do NOT stay away from God! PLEASE NOTE: THAT'S EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE to what you should do!!! You need to GO TO THE LORD FOR HELP - NOT STAY AWAY!!! Certainly you should NEVER feel scared of the One Who LOVES you with an everlasting love!! So always go to Him - He WANTS YOU TO, OKAY! - and do these Scriptural things:
  • CONFESS your error or failure or sin
  • REPENT, i.e., tell Him you don't want to go wrong on this again (but if you do fail again, then go through these again, INCLUDING repenting - until God HELPS you to get it right; and do this AS MANY TIMES as you need to)
  • ACCEPT His forgiveness
  • THANK Him for this (important!)...
then get back into life - CLEAN and FREE! Satan neither has ANY place in the life of the Christian, nor should ever be ALLOWED any place! HE DOES NOT BELONG AT ALL!!

SECONDLY, when you go wrong, God WILL convict you by His Spirit. So isn't this going to feel the SAME as if the devil is accusing you? NO! The reason for this is that the devil hates God and hates you - whereas God LOVES you! SO... God's conviction possibly may be strong (He does need to get the message across) but in any case it will NOT make you feel YUKKY! In contrast, the devil getting at you will make you feel dreadful. THAT'S WHAT HE WANTS YOU TO FEEL: ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE about your failure or failures!!

I remember years ago the Lord really 'telling me off' (convicting me) about a wrong attitude that was leading to seriously wrong actions. It wasn't particularly enjoyable I don't spose, but afterwards I did NOT feel like He'd belted me down on to the floor! (like the rotten devil loves to do!) Instead, about all I felt was SAD - a sadness that I'd let Him down! That's all He allowed me to feel! I DID NOT FEEL DREADFUL OR BAD N ANY WAY! THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE!!

-BM, with his Love
ir-the-inner-room1.gif

TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY
FOR EVER AND EVER! AMEN!

hspace1.gif

mrsbeasley.gif
Oh, oh! I got something!
mrsbeasley.gif

What I do when the enemy tries to lay guilt and condemnation on me:
Out loud: Thank God for forgiving me and making me clean and right with Him. Thank Him that my sin is buried in the deep part of the ocean with a sign on the beach that says "No Fishing!"
Do not address the enemy directly, all your focus should be on God. God deserves the attention. But say it outloud so that not only does the enemy hear it, loud and clear (no doubts!) but YOU hear it as well.
twocents01.gif

Mark said "Full throttle". I like that! Amen!
clap.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back