THE INNER ROOM - "Learn and Grow - to Maturity". Please read the 1st Post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Romans 1:

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 17For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
18For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31Without understanding, covenant breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Let's first take a look at the context of this chapter, which focuses on immoralities, that man insists on partaking of, even while knowing that what they are doing is reprehensible in God's eyes.

they did not like to retain God in their knowledge
Knowledge of God was evident, but these men chose to put this knowledge in the back of their minds, and vehemently disregard the repercussions of not following Him. Basically they were mocking God.

Now let's look at the definition of reprobate;

1.a depraved, unprincipled, or wicked person: a drunken reprobate. 2.a person rejected by God and beyond hope of salvation. –adjective 3.morally depraved; unprincipled; bad. 4.rejected by God and beyond hope of salvation. –verb (used with object) 5.to disapprove, condemn, or censure. 6.(of God) to reject (a person), as for sin; exclude from the number of the elect or from salvation.

God does not force His will on anyone. The gift is offered, but it remains our choice if we accept or deny. In this scripture, the ones being talked about chose to mock God and continue in sin, and by
giving them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
God is washing His hands because He knows that these will never accept Him.

Faithwoman, I hope this helps. This is the way I see it. There are unfortunately those who will never accept God, and He will completely leave them to pay for their sins.

Great question, Faithwoman. Some really 'heavy-duty' truths in that Chapter.

Then a top-rate answer from Wayne! *Bondman feels real happy!*

Yes it was a top rate answer.. It helped me understand so well.

As my journey continues, I learn more and more.. thanks to these wonderful folks here!

Faithwoman

PERSONAL UPDATE

Hi everyone! I need to let you all know where we are at. Our health situation continues to get worse. Out wonderful Doc came to see me last night with a lot of test results. It's a dreadful contradiction that most Chronic Fatigue Syndrome patients don't show any problems in regular test results! - but my liver is currently going ballistic (not from alchohol cos I'm a lifetime tea-totaller) and I need a ct scan to see what it is. I'm so weak that we've yet to figure exactly how I can get to have this done...

In the case of my Beloved, in with her many regular pain spots is a major pain problem in her right side that no one has yet been able to figure out, despite ct scans and everything else they've tried. Is it kidney, liver, bowel? No one knows. Goodness, this is hard for her to handle in amongst all her other physical problems!

We are in the middle of getting an electric wheelchair to keep me mobile enough to be able to keep doing the things I need to do to look after myself. If my love had to take them over she would collapse, and were that to happen then we're both absolutely 'GONE'... My increasing body weakness means that crutches I've used since 1992 are now too hard for me to manage round the house. With the chair costing between $3,000 and $4,000 we're doing piles of research that in itself is killing us both cos it's so important that we get the right one!!

Meantime we're also having to change my care plan (I can handle only 1 bath per week now and even that sometimes wipes me out), organising other jobs we need done for our house, one computer is still to be fixed, and I can't remember the rest of the major list of things we currently have on our plate!

The Doc said the stress level for us both is off the scale, and that this has to stop. Yessir, Doc. *salutes!* Being as ill as we are is a MAJOR stress in itself of course. Doc and Beloved reckon I'm stressed by just trying to stay alive(!), so as you can see, all this stress in our lives - and in my lady's case fighting depression also - is a problem we have to seriously work to address.

So I shall be here when I'm here. The Inner Room ministry for me is still central to my life (you may remember how I've said that the Lord knows I'm willing for Him to use me up) but we have to do whatever's necessary to try to solve and clear away the stuff I've mentioned.

The best would be if God should SOON HEAL OUR SICK BODIES BY MIRACLE. If you wish to pray for us as we continue on, please ask the Lord for strong faith for us both, and clear minds so we will have correct focus every day.

Thankyou to all you dear ones! - and may His love and grace and power sustain you at all times!

- BM and his Lady

Bondman, I totally admire the passion that indwells within you. Even through all of the physical and emotional distress, your love for God and others still shines so brightly. You are most assuredly an inspiration to all of us here.

His arms are definitely caressing you, giving you the strength which glorifies Him. You, dear brother, and the Mrs. continue to hold a special place in our hearts and prayers. You are so blessed.

In His ever consoling grip, may He provide the comfort and peace of mind that no matter how hard the physical and emotional issues abound, your radiance will continue to shine.

Amen!

Nothing will have you, you are the LORD's! Hallelujah!

Bondman, you're gonna have to put up with me hugging you excessively in heaven - just to warn ya. :D

smiliescircle.gif
thbigHug02.gif

To My Family- I need you

Happy Friday,

I just need to come to my online Christian family and ask for strong prayers for myself. I am going through a tough time in my personal life right now .. not because of the Lord.. no! he loves me so much..but because of my own fleshly life fighting against what God really wants for me in regards to the relationship I am in with a man.

This relationship needs to end.. I have shared much with many of you, but as many of you know, the Lord has blessed me with the gift to be able to share all from my heart. This is not what the Lord wants for me and I know that. I have many fears.. I have dealt with so much, but through the Lord's love he has continued to be with me and he always will be.

Bondman, Fluffy, Sweetsurrender, Housesitter and many more have supported me through the time of learning as well as many of you.

I know how powerful prayer is and I know that with many praying for me that the strength will be felt even more. This is not an easy time, but the Lord never promised us that there would not be suffering, he is refining me and making me pure .. he wants me to love him first and foremost..

I thank all of you.. I will not be on for a few days, but I will be here in spirit. Thanks in advance for your prayers.

Hugs
Faithwoman:)

Never forget of that which we as Christians are blessed:

alwaysgodslovecocacola.jpg

Dear Sister, I can only imagine the strife that you are faced with, but yes, most assuredly, you shall be lifted up in prayer. God will provide the strength and wisdom you desire to see these things to the end. May the warmth of His love feel your heart with peace, and may He caress you, in His hold.

PrayersGoingUp.gif

lift_up-1232.png

I know it's hard, sweetie! It's actually turned out harder for you than I ever imagined it was going to be.

I know you've remembered that you have to take the step - then you'll get God's help with it. May sound a bit back to front I guess, cos our expectation is that HE will help us to do things. And He will, and does!!

BUT... He NEVER goes ahead of us! (He respects our freewill to make the choice to act). You can pray your heart out waiting for Him to help you to actually TAKE the step, and there's absolutely NO question that He's there WITH you on it all. NONETHELESS it's always gonna be our move first! All we need to do is make this move. I always say: THAT IT'S JUST 1 MOVE! Having made this - THEN we can expect HIS HELP with the remaining 99 moves (or however many there may be!!)

Praying!

Lots of love,

- BM

i have felt the longing to be a missionary since i was 16. i also struggle with depression and i get relapses now and then. does that disqualify me? plus i keep getting mixed messages from people, that if i wanna make an impact in the world i should be more practical not just be a missionary, like i should get a regular job so that i can be more in touch with the world. i dont noe wad to do! :(

i have felt the longing to be a missionary since i was 16. i also struggle with depression and i get relapses now and then. does that disqualify me? plus i keep getting mixed messages from people, that if i wanna make an impact in the world i should be more practical not just be a missionary, like i should get a regular job so that i can be more in touch with the world. i dont noe wad to do! :(

This is a MAJOR question you're struggling with, hon, so it's not surprising you're getting different answers!

Jesus personal impact on the world when he was here was a Spiritual one (to me, even when He was doing something "human" it still had a Spiritual AIM). So that's the way I seek to follow also.

I think the more experience you have of life and the more mature you become as a person, the more effective you are likely to be as a Christian worker, whether this is as a missionary, or other Christian work. So I always aim at being as practical a Christian as possible.

Ill-health of any kind can make full-time work as a missionary difficult. Many missionary organisations will not accept you unless you have good health. However, ill-health does not prevent you from ministry for the Lord (I am extremely unwell, but I'm still able to minister here).

Bless you sweetie, and may He guide you as to your path, both now and in the future!

- BM

omg... ugh. this is so confusing. alrite.

I know there's maybe a bit there to absorb, dear one. But read a sentence, and aim to 'get' what I'm saying. Summarise it maybe. Then another one, and the next. Put them down in your own words. Then work to putting them into place so they DON'T contradict each other. You may find one leads ON from another.

I absolutely KNOW you have the brains to get it all to make sense! Bless you millions!

Love,

- BM

ir-heading.gif
PRACTICAL NEW TESTAMENT CHRISTIANITY

MESSAGE #113

SERVING THE LORD IS GOOD! - Part 1

Are you ready for service? Are you ready to do whatever God wants you to do? This is important! And it does NOT matter what the NATURE of the service is. All service is EQUAL in importance! Therefore the person who is doing something that we consider to be, what shall I say?… high up the scale – that person is doing NOTHING of greater intrinsic importance than someone at the bottom of the scale. WE ALWAYS see the person at the top as being better and more important than the one at the bottom, right? BUT GOD DOESN'T!!!

In fact His concept of this is often exactly the OPPOSITE to ours! Jesus said: Whoever shall be first shall be last. And whoever shall be last shall be first. Luke Ch 13:30 et al. Jesus again: 1 Corinthians Ch 12:21 And the eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you”; nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.” 22 No, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary. Hmm... so the weaker things like a little toe as just as necessary as - the head! Wow, isn't that a great thing to hear and learn!!

So each is important in the particular work they are doing. Colossians Ch 3:23 And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men. For example, your service may be washing dishes for a charity that provides meals to people from the street. And may I add here that your service does NOT have to be within the established church you attend. God may call you there; or He may not. The service you do MUST BE EXACTLY what God Himself calls you to!! And that's it! We have to be listening for HIS voice.

Bless you as you seek to be doing His will for you, and nothing else!

Continued in Part 2...

- BM, with his Love
ir-the-inner-room1.gif

TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY
FOR EVER AND EVER! AMEN!

hspace1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back