The Inspire Bible

Is it like one if thise illuminated bibles they had in the middle ages, can you gild the edges of the pages?

We could just make our own copies by copying the Bible by hand word for word I reckon (except those versions that say they are copyright) and then we would have our own handwritten bible. Of course it may take a lifetime but maybe just do a chapter a day.

Cturtle

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Is it like one if thise illuminated bibles they had in the middle ages, can you gild the edges of the pages?

We could just make our own copies by copying the Bible by hand word for word I reckon (except those versions that say they are copyright) and then we would have our own handwritten bible. Of course it may take a lifetime but maybe just do a chapter a day.
It's just a new living translation Bible with pictures to color and lines in it for taking notes.

I like your idea about hand copying the Bible. I started doing that with a particular version because i wanted to read it on paper. I stopped shortly before God made it possible to purchase one. I like your idea about one chapter a day... makes it seem less overwhelming :)

Cturtle

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
That's a good question... according to wiki.. there are 1189 chapters in the Bible 929 in the old and 260 in the new. Dividing that by 365... gives us a little over 3 years. If someone wanted to spend say only a year... they would have to copy 3 - 4 chapters a day :)