The Kingdom Of God

The Kingdom of God

I was just wondering what others thought about this subject? Theologically I am what is called a historic premillennialist. I accept the interpretation of the Millennium that was passed on from the Apostles and their immediate students and appointed leaders as being the correct interpretation. Therefore, I am NOT a dispensationalist nor an amillennnialist…

So regarding the Kingdom of God, I believe the Bible teaches us that it exists in two senses…one in the present and the other (the fulfillment of what this means for us) at the consummation of the age (at the Parouisia, the second coming)…

A simple representation of this view can be seen when Christ declares “the Kingdom of God is within you” and the other when He teaches us to pray “They kingdom come, they will be done, on earth as it is in heaven”. Consequently salvation (the fulfillment of those in Christ) is also both now and yet future. But regarding the Kingdom of God, we see Christ declared His authority over sin, sickness, and death in His own death, burial, and resurrection, which this view sees as the fulfillment of Genesis 3:15 and Hebrews 2:14 and 15. So the King has established His sovereignty on earth (God having become a man) and now He works at drawing all men to Him through us by the Holy Spirit (John 3:37,38) and will deal the final blow of Victory when Satan’s “man” (the Anti-Christ) will be consumed by the brightness of His coming and the wrath of God is poured out on the enemies of God, the enemies of His people, and those who will come against His Holy City. It appears to me that Paul also teaches the present yet future view…

The Kingdom is now (Rom. 14:17; 1 Cor. 4:19-20; Col. 1:13, 14)

The Kingdom is future (1 Cor. 6:9; Gal. 5:21; Eph. 5:5; 2 Tim. 4:18)

So what do other members of the family think about the Kingdom of God? Now there are about three views and all can seemingly be supported by Scripture, so let’s talk, agree to disagree where our views are not reconcilable, and learn from one another.

Personally I think we are in the earthly kingdom still. God's kingdom comes when Jesus returns and we are with him again. That's my opinion.

The kingdom is here and now the Greek word Kingdom basila is actually a Greek female noun it means to rule and reign with God.

Since its a female noun it is not a place but a operation and position.

The kingdom that came enabled gods will be done on earth through those who are part of the kingdom .

This is why Jesus said if I cast out devils the kingdom is come upon you.

I think the phrase, "The kingdom of God is within you" is better translated , the kingdom of God is among you. If we read that passage in context we'll see that Jesus was talking to the Pharisees. I don't think He was telling the Pharisees that the kingdom was in them. However, the kingdom of God was among them, in the person of Jesus Himself.

I think the phrase, "The kingdom of God is within you" is better translated , the kingdom of God is among you. If we read that passage in context we'll see that Jesus was talking to the Pharisees. I don't think He was telling the Pharisees that the kingdom was in them. However, the kingdom of God was among them, in the person of Jesus Himself.
What you have observed is true enough, however don't you think that with Jesus saying (in v20) that the kingdom is coming in ways that can't be observed, indicates that the use of ἐντός entos is signifying an internal affair?
It could mean 'within you, permeating your very being' or 'within, in your soul permeating your whole self'.
Just a thought.
PS. I have just picked up an interesting discrepancy in some Greek texts. One uses ego translated as 'you', but ego is first person emphatic. "i, or me'
The other use humon for 'you' which agrees, being 'second person' pronoun.

Last edited:
The Kingdom of God

I was just wondering what others thought about this subject? Theologically I am what is called a historic premillennialist. I accept the interpretation of the Millennium that was passed on from the Apostles and their immediate students and appointed leaders as being the correct interpretation. Therefore, I am NOT a dispensationalist nor an amillennnialist…

So regarding the Kingdom of God, I believe the Bible teaches us that it exists in two senses…one in the present and the other (the fulfillment of what this means for us) at the consummation of the age (at the Parouisia, the second coming)…

A simple representation of this view can be seen when Christ declares “the Kingdom of God is within you” and the other when He teaches us to pray “They kingdom come, they will be done, on earth as it is in heaven”. Consequently salvation (the fulfillment of those in Christ) is also both now and yet future. But regarding the Kingdom of God, we see Christ declared His authority over sin, sickness, and death in His own death, burial, and resurrection, which this view sees as the fulfillment of Genesis 3:15 and Hebrews 2:14 and 15. So the King has established His sovereignty on earth (God having become a man) and now He works at drawing all men to Him through us by the Holy Spirit (John 3:37,38) and will deal the final blow of Victory when Satan’s “man” (the Anti-Christ) will be consumed by the brightness of His coming and the wrath of God is poured out on the enemies of God, the enemies of His people, and those who will come against His Holy City. It appears to me that Paul also teaches the present yet future view…

The Kingdom is now (Rom. 14:17; 1 Cor. 4:19-20; Col. 1:13, 14)

The Kingdom is future (1 Cor. 6:9; Gal. 5:21; Eph. 5:5; 2 Tim. 4:18)

So what do other members of the family think about the Kingdom of God? Now there are about three views and all can seemingly be supported by Scripture, so let’s talk, agree to disagree where our views are not reconcilable, and learn from one another.
Paul I understand that the kingdom of God comes to us and is within us when we come to faith in Jesus.
There is a greater sense in that when Christ puts down all rebellion and lawlessness at His return, we will be fully immersed in the Kingdom with it permeating us as well as surrounding us.

What you have observed is true enough, however don't you think that with Jesus saying (in v20) that the kingdom is coming in ways that can't be observed, indicates that the use of ἐντός entos is signifying an internal affair?
It could mean 'within you, permeating your very being' or 'within, in your soul permeating your whole self'.
Just a thought.
PS. I have just picked up an interesting discrepancy in some Greek texts. One uses ego translated as 'you', but ego is first person emphatic. "i, or me'
The other use humon for 'you' which agrees, being 'second person' pronoun.

I guess it could be but I think He is countering the expectation of the Pharisees. They were expecting the Messiah to conquer.

What about all of these...do you see them all as purely figurative? (note: taken from a listing site I was ventured upon once...sorry I cannot remember which but do not want to take credit for the gathering of these together)

The Psalms

• Psalm 2:6-9 — David says the Messiah will reign over "the very ends of the earth" from Mount Zion in Jerusalem.
  • Psalm 47 — The sons of Korah rejoice over the day when the Lord will be "a great King over all the earth," and they state that this will take place when the Lord subdues the "nations under our feet."
  • Psalm 67 — An unidentified psalmist speaks prophetically of the time when the nations of the world will "be glad and sing for joy." This will be when the Lord comes to "judge the peoples with uprightness." At that time the Lord will "guide the nations on the earth" so that "all the ends of the earth may fear Him."
  • Psalm 132:13-18 — An unnamed psalmist speaks of God's fulfillment of the Davidic Covenant. He says this will occur at a time when "the horn of David" springs forth to reign from Zion. He says "His crown will shine," and He will make Zion His "resting place forever" for He will dwell there.
Isaiah

• Isaiah 2:1-4 — Isaiah says that "in the last days" the Messiah will reign from Mount Zion in Jerusalem and the entire world will experience peace.
  • Isaiah 9:6-7 — The Messiah will rule from the throne of David, giving the world a government of peace, justice, and righteousness. (Note: The throne of David is not in Heaven. It is located in Jerusalem) Jesus is not now on the throne of David. He sits at the right hand of His Father on His Father's throne — see Revelation 3:21.)
  • Isaiah 11:3b-9 — The Messiah will bring "righteousness and fairness" to the earth when He returns to "slay the wicked." At that time, the curse will be lifted and the plant and animal kingdoms will be restored to their original perfection.
  • Isaiah 24:21-23 — When the Messiah returns, He will punish Satan and his demonic hordes in the heavens and then will punish "the kings of the earth, on earth." He will then "reign on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem" for the purpose of manifesting His glory.
Ezekiel

• Ezekiel 20:33-44 — The Lord says a day will come when He will regather the Jews to their land and will "enter into judgment" with them. He says that at that time "I shall be king over you." He then adds that "the whole house of Israel, all of them, will serve Me in the land."
  • Ezekiel 37:24-28 — The Lord says that He will dwell in the midst of Israel after a remnant of the Jews is regathered to the land and saved, and He promises that "David My servant shall be their prince forever."
  • Ezekiel 39:21-29 — The Lord says that following the battle of Armageddon (verses 17-20), "I will set My glory among the nations; and all the nations will see My judgment which I have executed, and My hand which I have laid on them."
  • Ezekiel 43:7 — While being given a tour of the future Millennial Temple, Ezekiel is told by the Lord: "Son of man, this is the place of My throne and the place of the soles of My feet; where I will dwell among the sons of Israel forever."
5) Daniel

• Daniel 7:13-14,18,27 — Daniel says he was given a vision in which he saw the Messiah ("Son of Man") given dominion over all the earth by God the Father ("the Ancient of Days"). And then he adds in verses 18 and 27 that the kingdom is shared "with the saints of the Highest One," and they are allowed to exercise sovereignty with Him over "all the kingdoms under the whole heaven."
Joel

• Joel 3:14-17,21 — Joel says that following the battle of Armageddon (verses 14-16), the Lord will dwell "in Zion, My holy mountain." He repeats this in verse 21. And in verse 17 He identifies Zion as the city of Jerusalem.
Micah

• Like Isaiah, he says the Lord will make Jerusalem the capital of the world. The world will be flooded with peace and prosperity. All believing Jews will be regathered to Israel, and "the Lord will reign over them in Mount Zion."
Zechariah

• Zechariah 2:10-13 — The Lord says that when He comes, He will "dwell in the midst" of the land, possessing Judah as "His portion in the holy land" and again choosing Jerusalem.
  • Zechariah 6:12-13 — When the Messiah ("the Branch") returns, He will build a temple and"rule on His throne," and the offices of priest and king will be combined in Him. Thus, "He will be a priest on His throne."
  • Zechariah 8:2-3 — The Lord promises that when He returns to Zion, He will "dwell in the midst of Jerusalem," and Jerusalem will be called "the city of Truth."
  • Zechariah 9:10 — The Messiah will bring peace to the nations and "His dominion will be from sea to sea."
  • Zechariah 14:1-9 — The Messiah will return to the Mount of Olives. The Mount will split in half when His foot touches it, and the Jewish remnant left alive in Jerusalem will flee the city and hide in the cleavage of the Mount. Verse 9 says that on that day, "the Lord will become king over all the earth."
brother Paul

2Pe 1:11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

What does that say Paul? When does this Kingdom I am speaking of start, and end?

What is the thread about?

I said, there is no scripture, Jesus is going to set up the Kingdom here.

You should also know I take all scripture literal.

Now you gave Malku which is a territory, Hebrew for Kingdom.

I was still talking about the thread......... Kingdom of God.

Mat 4:23
And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.

basileia
Thayer Definition:
1) royal power, kingship, dominion, rule
1a) not to be confused with an actual kingdom but rather the right or authority to rule over a kingdom

The Kingdom I am talking about is a Greek female noun and it would be impossible for it to be a place.

Just seeing how many on the ball here.

I never said Jesus is not coming to rule over governments and we with him.

I know it is a matter of one's hermeneutics but how do you interpret Revelations 20:4-8

4 and I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Thy Kingdom come, they will be done...on earth...

Paul

I know it is a matter of one's hermeneutics but how do you interpret Revelations 20:4-8

Paul

I don't even like Hermeneutics Paul. I read it just like you do.

Jesus comes and takes control for 1,000 years.

Kingdom literally means God's will come, to reign with God here to enforce his will here as it is in Heaven. It's always meant that.

That is what Jesus did, enforce the will of God through the Kingdom. He said if I am able to cast out devils, the Kingdom of God has come upon you.

You must have thought I had some preterist thinking or something strange. I just made a statement to mess with folks.

I do have something though.

Is Rev 12 in the future, or has it come to pass already?

I don't even like Hermeneutics Paul. I read it just like you do.

Jesus comes and takes control for 1,000 years.

Kingdom literally means God's will come, to reign with God here to enforce his will here as it is in Heaven. It's always meant that.

That is what Jesus did, enforce the will of God through the Kingdom. He said if I am able to cast out devils, the Kingdom of God has come upon you.

You must have thought I had some preterist thinking or something strange. I just made a statement to mess with folks.

I do have something though.

Is Rev 12 in the future, or has it come to pass already?

I think no such thing Michael....I believe all the passages OT and NT taken together imply

1. the important thing is as you have pointed out that the Kingdom (for all to whom He is Lord) is here now...
2. there will be a temporal fulfillment and He will rule and reign here as well (literally be King of the whole earth)...and many nations who do not go up to Jerusalem to worship Him will have no rain

The amillennialists would of course disagree and that is fine as we are all brothers in the Lord...but preterist? No, not at all...

So not everyone agrees there will be a future Kingdom (for a time) on earth...are the Kingdom of Christ, the Kingdom of God, and the Kingdom of Heaven different in any ways?

Rev 11:15. Then the seventh angel blew his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, saying, "The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he shall reign forever and ever."
I'd say that wraps them all up into the one kingdom.

No! I need to retract that.
The Greek is peculiar, but it doesn't say what either Kjv, Esv or Niv say.
While it might come out that way, it leaves a question mark over how many kingdoms there are. The word used for kingdom is plural, but.....it is only used once. The next occurence has to do with rule rather than realm.

Hey brother Paul I believe the kingdom of God is here now Jesus comes and he will literally take control of the government in control with him Satan get this butt throw in the hell locked up for a while and then then we go from there

I don't believe preterist are saved either.

We occupy until the Lord comes back. He is not really gone as we are his body, but sinners can still be here until then. The Lord just said that to me, not fully sure why Jesus can't be here personally and have all the unsaved left here.

Back