The Law

This is why it is also written that if we're judged by the law we'll all perish which is why it's a gift from God, His mercy and Grace and saved not by the law but by Him.

By the way in the Noahide Law or whatsoever it is, the 7 laws. there's no Sabbath keeping. or during the days of Noah.
I think =D

Colosians 2:16-17
16Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Amen brother Adam
let us not judge one another concerning Sabbath days but whoever wants to keep it let him keep it!

thanks Adam for the verses :D

Again, Our Creator sanctified and blessed the seventh day Sabbath at Creation - long before there was a Jewish nation.

Eating and drinking were part of the Ceremonial law - not the Ten Commandment Covenant. And the Scripture is referring to the Sabbath Feast Days that were fulfilled on the cross - not the fourth commandment.

It was the Catholic Church that "changed the day."

"Of course the Catholic Church claims the change was her act...and the act is a mark of her ecclesiastical power and authority in religious matters." Thomas, H.F., Chancellor of Cardinal Gibbons, in answer to a letter regarding the change of the Sabbath.

"It's (Sunday's change for Saturday) the mark of our authority to over-rule God's law." Father Enright, C.S.S.R., President of Redemptorist College, History of the Sabbath, p. 802.

"Sunday is our mark of authority...the church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact." The Catholic Record, Sept 1, 1923.

"The Bible says, 'Remember that thou keep holy the Sabbath day.' The Catholic Church says, 'No! by my divine power I abolish the Sabbath day, and command you to keep holy the first day of the week. And, lo! The entire civilized world bows down in reverent obedience to the command of the holy Catholic Church." Father Enright.

God calls the Catholic/Protestant religious system, "The Mother of harlots." Rev 17.

He charges her with sin and iniquity:

"And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, COME OUT OF HER, MY PEOPLE, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of HER PLAGUES (interesting).

For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities." (lawlessness) Rev 18:4,5.

How do we "Come out?" By doing as the Bereans: "These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the Word with all readiness of mind, searching the Scriptures daily, whether those things were so." Acts 17:11.

When what is taught in my church doesn't line up with Scripture, I speak up. Our allegiance must be to God and His Word, alone.

Just as in the Garden it is a question of allegiance. Is your allegiance to the Catholic/Protestant religious system, or, to our Creator and His Word?

I agree with you fully with that post herald.
mother of harlots. from Babylon, same traditions and abominations.
it got me mad to read these things! not what you wrote but what they said !! that they're above the Scriptures. wow. above God? we'll see!!

Im not catholic there is only one body of believers made up of many members Jesus is the way the truth and the life He alone can save us.By the works of the law shall no flesh be justified there are only spiritual believers thos that are in the flesh need to repent and get right with God.Im trying to work out my own salvation with fear and trembling according to the truth of Gods word through grace that is only found in Christ Jesus.

And it is true Hebrews worshipped on saturday and the catholics hanged the day.But the day is not important it is knowing God and loving Him that is.Read the epistle of John and you can see what commandments believers are meant to keep.First love the Lord thy God with all your heart and soul and mind and strength and second love your neighbour as yourself this is the law and prophets because love Gods love in us does no harm to its neighbour.We aint meant to slice each other up with the two edged sword we are meant to build each other up.Love builds up knowledge puffs up.Jesus is Lord He alone can save us from our sins.That my froiend is the Good News.

Did you know, that the Holy Spirit is called, "the Spirit of Grace" in Heb 10:29?

When His Spirit is within us, He fulfills the law through us - when we walk in His Spirit, we do not sin.

The children of Israel, Jesus, His disciples and the New Testament Christians kept the Sabbath holy. "He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as He walked." 1 John 2:6.

The new creation does not sin:

"Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

And ye know that He was manifested TO TAKE AWAY OUR SINS; and in Him is no sin.

Whosoever ABIDETH IN HIM sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen Him, neither known Him (1 John 2:3-5 again).

Little children, let no man deceive you: he that DOETH righteousness is righteous, even as He is righteous.

He that committeth sin is of the Devil; for the Devil sinneth from the beginning.

FOR THIS PURPOSE WAS THE SON OF GOD MANIFESTED, TO DESTROY THE WORKS OF THE DEVIL.

(Jesus died to set us free from sin.)

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for His seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the Devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother." 1 John 3.

We sin, when we follow the old evil nature. When we walk in His Spirit, we do not sin.

Who said, "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy?"

I follow Jesus alone and i hope that by His grace i get it right.Dont get me going on church i hasd a bad experience with the church i attended for 10 years i love my brothers and sisters in Christ.god sees God bless each of them.

Brother in Christ Jesus there si no suin in Him there is no condemnation in Him all the promises of God are Yes and ame i want to be found in Him because all my own rightouseness ios as filthy rags.I need His righteouseness .And then i must be led by Holy Spirit.That is Gods will as many as are led by the Spirit of God these are sons and daughtwers of God.Jesus is Lord He alone camn save us from our sins.

And be carefull how you use Gods word.Mercy triumphs over judgement ive heard it all my friend true christianity is demonstrated through love not condemnation.There is nio condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.i locve you herald.God bless you.

Are you saying, that you can bow down and worship other gods, take His name in vain, profane His holy day, dishonor your parents, murder, commit adultery, steal, bear false witness, covet and walk with a holy God?

That is blasphemy.

We, certainly cannot trust in the emotions of our own hearts to determine what loving God ant others is:

"Let not thine heart decline to her ways, go not astray in her paths. For she hath cast down many wounded: yea, many strong men have been slain be her.

Her house is the way to hell, going down to the chambers of death." Pro 7:25-27.

What does the Scripture tell us about loving God and others?

Jesus said, "If ye love Me, keep My commandments." John 14:15.

Jesus said, "He that hath My commandments and keepeth them, he it is that loveth Me: and he that loveth Me shall be loved of My Father, and I will love him, and will manifest Myself to him." John 14:21.

When Jesus gave us the "Two Greatest Commandments," He was quoting the law. Deut 6:5;Lev 19:18.

""By this we know that we love the children of God (Greatest commandment #2), when we love God (#1) and keep His commandments. FOR THIS IS THE LOVE OF GOD THAT WE KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS: and His commandments are not grievous." 1 John 5:2,3.

"And this is love that we walk after His commandments." 2 John 6

His church keeps His commandments: "And the Dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ." Rev 12:17.

His saints keep His commandments: "Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus." Rev 14:12.

And the Apostle John finishes the book, when he wrote, "Blessed are they that do His commandments, that they may have RIGHT to the tree of life, AND MAY ENTER IN through the gates into the city." Rev 22:14.

If you love Him, you will obey Him.

Back