The Letters To The Churches

Apart from a few minor copyist errors, there are no errors or contradictions in the Bible---in the original.

The original does not matter. I talked about this earlier. Who cares if the original was without error? We can't prove it because we don't have access to it and we probably never will. What matters is what we have access to now.

The original does not matter. I talked about this earlier. Who cares if the original was without error? We can't prove it because we don't have access to it and we probably never will. What matters is what we have access to now.

I care. I trust that God has the power to preserve His word for this generation. There is no error in the scriptures.

I care. I trust that God has the power to preserve His word for this generation. There is no error in the scriptures.

But He didn't preserve it perfectly, did He? If there are copyist errors then it wasn't preserved in it's perfect form so we have no proof that there ever was a perfect form.

I find that the fact that the biblical books all agree on major teachings is amazing and it's one of the main reasons I believe the Bible over other religious texts. I don't think the perfectness of it wouldn't make it any more impressive.

But He didn't preserve it perfectly, did He? If there are copyist errors then it wasn't preserved in it's perfect form so we have no proof that there ever was a perfect form.

I find that the fact that the biblical books all agree on major teachings is amazing and it's one of the main reasons I believe the Bible over other religious texts. I don't think the perfectness of it wouldn't make it any more impressive.

Yes He did. There is not one error in the word that causes it to contradict itself anywhere. Over 1500 years, that is the miracle of God's power to make His truth known to all the generations that are blessed to have it.

The perfection of His word is what makes it our authority in all matters of truth. We can stand on it.

Hey I just went through a college class that had to do with this subject. I have all the material still if you would like to look at it. I found it really helpful

Yes He did. There is not one error in the word that causes it to contradict itself anywhere. Over 1500 years, that is the miracle of God's power to make His truth known to all the generations that are blessed to have it.

The perfection of His word is what makes it our authority in all matters of truth. We can stand on it.

See, you have me at a disadvantage here. I won't post errors on here because I'm afraid that it will cause others that believe like yourself to doubt and I wouldn't want that. Lets just say that there is a website that has over 1000 errors found in the Bible. Now, I'm willing to bet that over 80% of them are not really "errors" but things that appear to contradict but don't if taken in context but there has to be one on there that is an actual error. I can't see how not a single one of the issues on that site is valid.

Hey I just went through a college class that had to do with this subject. I have all the material still if you would like to look at it. I found it really helpful

Heck yes! I'm always wanting to learn about the Bible.

Not in the OT sense.

I have no idea how this relates to what we're talking about.

There is no excuse in someone not believing in the God and Jesus of the Bible when they've never heard of them?

I read my Bible daily and consider it one of the most important things in my life, so I'm not sure what you mean by your last sentence either. Just because I don't hold the same view as you doesn't mean I don't take it just as seriously as you do.
When you're in the Spirit and He wishes you to relay a message for His glory it happens. I'm not sure what you mean by "OT way" because I have prophesied twice and they both times happened just as I said. The words just came out and I hadn't attempted to say them. My wife prophesied to an unbeliever who would be healed and have two children... it happened (she had had 3 miscarriages).

See, you have me at a disadvantage here. I won't post errors on here because I'm afraid that it will cause others that believe like yourself to doubt and I wouldn't want that. Lets just say that there is a website that has over 1000 errors found in the Bible. Now, I'm willing to bet that over 80% of them are not really "errors" but things that appear to contradict but don't if taken in context but there has to be one on there that is an actual error. I can't see how not a single one of the issues on that site is valid.

I will never doubt the inerrancy of the scriptures.

When you're in the Spirit and He wishes you to relay a message for His glory it happens. I'm not sure what you mean by "OT way" because I have prophesied twice and they both times happened just as I said. The words just came out and I hadn't attempted to say them. My wife prophesied to an unbeliever who would be healed and have two children... it happened (she had had 3 miscarriages).

I'm not saying that people do not have prophetic visions. My wife is one of those people that seems to know about things before they happen. I'm just saying that God isn't coming down in a cloud and speaking to someone that then goes and tells their nation.

I will never doubt the inerrancy of the scriptures.

Okay. Well, I'm still not posting it. Like I said earlier, you are set in your ways. You refuse to even give other views a glance because anything other than what you believe is wrong.

Okay. Well, I'm still not posting it. Like I said earlier, you are set in your ways. You refuse to even give other views a glance because anything other than what you believe is wrong.

That is a criticism. Does being set in one's ways meant to you that I am not dissuaded away from holding to what the Lord has taught me? That's a good thing. He calls us to stand on His word and not allow ourselves to be deceived. I take that seriously. I have given every view a glance or I wouldn't comment on it. I certainly don't have to roll it around in my mind and consider adopting it when the truth within me says not to.

That is a criticism. Does being set in one's ways meant to you that I am not dissuaded in holding to what the Lord has taught me? That's a good thing. He calls us to stand on His word and not allow ourselves to be deceived. I take that seriously. I have given every view a glance or I wouldn't comment on it. I certainly don't have to roll it around in my mind and consider adopting it when the truth within me says not to.

Yes, Euphemia, that is a criticism. You keep saying that "the Lord taught" you. I still don't think you understand what I'm saying. Why do people disagree with you? Because they don't have the Holy Spirit? Do I not have the Holy Spirit because I disagree with you? I don't think you can judge someone's relationship with Christ because they don't agree with you. I think that is wrong. There are plenty of Christians that hold my view or other views that disagree with you and I don't think that you can say we all do not have the Holy Spirit or ignore it when it speaks.

Going to the originals is important if for no other reason than to expound on what the human translator translated at the time. Here's a perfect example:

Color coded to show the difference in the original.

John 21:14-17 (KJV)
This is now the third time that Jesus shewed himself to his disciples, after that he was risen from the dead. So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, [son] of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs. He saith to him again the second time, Simon, [son] of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep. He saith unto him the third time, Simon, [son] of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

ἀγαπάω Agapao - Love with all your heart (a mother to a child)
φιλέω phileo - to be a friend, (like a brother)

Jesus was trying to get Peter to agapao Him and he'd only phileo Him. Jesus was trying to prove to Peter that indeed Peter did agapao Jesus, but after what he did (denying Jesus) he didn't "feel" like it. Peter always had a rivalry with John and only in John's Gospel is this found:

John 21:20 (KJV)
Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee?

John KNEW Jesus agapao'ed John! Peter was very legalistic and it plagued him (his confrontations with Paul about his hypocritical living and the sheet of unclean beasts). Jesus wanted Peter to know that Peter did indeed agapao Jesus because as tradition states Peter was crucified upside-down because he didn't feel worthy to be crucified like Jesus! Until death, Peter wouldn't admit it.

These oddities throughout the scriptures speaks almost as the plain text, but they are only found in the originals. The word peace is shalom in Hebrew and in Numbers 25:12 the letter vav ("o" in shalom) is written broken... look into it, it's fascinating. Then in Revelation 13:18 is the ONLY time three useless meaning letters is used. In EVERY case a number is used, it is spelled out, except in verse 18, where it is three Greek letters: χξς᾿

The world has accepted it as 666 (the numerical value of each letter, called gamatria) 600, 60, 6. But that is another explanation. Suffice it to say it's more than just a number...

Study the originals and a lot of these petty debates will fade away...

Last edited:
Yes, Euphemia, that is a criticism. You keep saying that "the Lord taught" you. I still don't think you understand what I'm saying. Why do people disagree with you? Because they don't have the Holy Spirit? Do I not have the Holy Spirit because I disagree with you? I don't think you can judge someone's relationship with Christ because they don't agree with you. I think that is wrong. There are plenty of Christians that hold my view or other views that disagree with you and I don't think that you can say we all do not have the Holy Spirit or ignore it when it speaks.

The Lord leads and teaches us all when we allow Him to. People always disagree, but that doesn't mean that those who have the truth about something are wrong, does it? Most people who disagree on spiritual truth may have been taught some error, or are understanding something intellectually, rather than spiritually---in other words, the Lord didn't speak it to them. That is where much error comes from---misinterpretation, mostly based on a mental assent of the scriptures taken by a surface read rather than asking and waiting for a deeper, spiritual revelation.

I am not judging anyone's relationship with Jesus Christ. We are all at particular areas of growth and that doesn't negate our family connection. Don't forget that there are many Christians who do not have the infilling of the Holy Spirit, and then there are those who call themselves Christians but are that in name only. We have to listen and take what all say and measure it up against scripture, our authority---agree with the truth, but spit out the bones.

Going to the originals is important if for no other reason than to expound on what the human translator translated at the time. Here's a perfect example:

This is now the third time that Jesus shewed himself to his disciples, after that he was risen from the dead. So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, [son] of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs. He saith to him again the second time, Simon, [son] of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep. He saith unto him the third time, Simon, [son] of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

Jesus was trying to get Peter to agapao Him and he'd only phileo Him. Jesus was trying to prove to Peter that indeed Peter did agapao Jesus, but after what he did (denying Jesus) he didn't "feel" like it. Peter always had a rivalry with John and only in John's Gospel is this found:

Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee?

John KNEW Jesus agapao'ed John! Peter was very legalistic and it plagued him (his confrontations with Paul about his hypocritical living and the sheet of unclean beasts). Jesus wanted Peter to know that Peter did indeed agapao Jesus because as tradition states Peter was crucified upside-down because he didn't feel worthy to be crucified like Jesus! Until death, Peter wouldn't admit it.

These oddities throughout the scriptures speaks almost as the plain text, but they are only found in the originals. The word peace is shalom in Hebrew and in Numbers 25:12 the letter vav ("o" in shalom) is written broken... look into it, it's fascinating. Then in Revelation 13:18 is the ONLY time three useless meaning letters is used. In EVERY case a number is used, it is spelled out, except in verse 18, where it is three Greek letters: χξς᾿

The world has accepted it as 666 (the numerical value of each letter, called gamatria) 600, 60, 6. But that is another explanation. Suffice it to say it's more than just a number...

Hey Abdicate.. You just stole my Pastor's message! :D Just kidding.. My pastor preached on this passage and explained what was there in original text.. That passage made a lot more sense.. That's why I love my Pastor.. And that's why I love reading your posts :)

I love using E-Sword for this very reason. I would love to actually be able to read at least biblical Greek.

The Lord leads and teaches us all when we allow Him to. People always disagree, but that doesn't mean that those who have the truth about something are wrong, does it? Most people who disagree on spiritual truth may have been taught some error, or are understanding something intellectually, rather than spiritually---in other words, the Lord didn't speak it to them. That is where much error comes from---misinterpretation, mostly based on a mental assent of the scriptures taken by a surface read rather than asking and waiting for a deeper, spiritual revelation.

I am not judging anyone's relationship with Jesus Christ. We are all at particular areas of growth and that doesn't negate our family connection. Don't forget that there are many Christians who do not have the infilling of the Holy Spirit, and then there are those who call themselves Christians but are that in name only. We have to listen and take what all say and measure it up against scripture, our authority---agree with the truth, but spit out the bones.

You stated earlier that no Spirit filled person has had a different interpretation than yours. That is definitely judging someone's relationship with Christ.

Hey Abdicate.. You just stole my Pastor's message! :D Just kidding.. My pastor preached on this passage and explained what was there in original text.. That passage made a lot more sense.. That's why I love my Pastor.. And that's why I love reading your posts :)
Thanks :D I've been very blessed by the Lord and I only wish to share! :ROFLMAO:

You stated earlier that no Spirit filled person has had a different interpretation than yours. That is definitely judging someone's relationship with Christ.

We are to judge righteously, of course, but Spirit-filled and Spirit-led Christians do agree with one another on all vital matters. Where there may be some difference, it is minor.

We are to judge righteously, of course, but Spirit-filled and Spirit-led Christians do agree with one another on all vital matters. Where there may be some difference, it is minor.

Well, I guess you know some of my beliefs, right? I believe in conditional immortality and all this about the Bible, so does that mean I'm not Spirit filled or Spirit led?

Back