The Occult

I don't remember most my dreams now. If I do dream it is of my son. Usually something bad happening to him

This is something you cannot take care of yourself...There is no place in the Bible where someone demonically influenced is seen to deliver themselves. You need someone who is holy-spirit filled, and who is spiritually & physically prepared to help you. Really you need 2...because if it's not just influence, but actual possession...there is going to m=be a very draining fight.

Praying for you.
How do you know I am possessed?

Ok. Good. But what are the signs of being possessed? I heard that if you are possessed you would deny you are possessed, right?

Polly, the Lord is light and He dwells within you. Light and darkness cannot inhabit the same space; "Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” (John 8:12)

My daughter accepted Jesus Christ as her Saviour at age 7. She was insatiable in reading the bible and in following the Lord. At age 10, she suffered an incident in her life where she suffered a serious wound of rejection. At age 19 she went to a church service and asked Holy Spirit to fill her. It was at that point that the demons that had been quite happy to live in her rejection place surfaced and began to act out in overt and terrible ways., which I will not go into here.

As a strong believer who has bothered to discover the truth about these matters, I knew exactly what was happening. There were demons in her soul that were being usurped by Holy Spirit and they were having a hissy fit, not wanting to be dislodged from their comfy place. We made sure she got the help she needed and one day she was delivered of four demons who all gave their names, one of them being called "Rejection" and who admitted to being there since the age of 10.

So, it is not the truth to believe that demons cannot be lurking within a believer. When Jesus takes up residence in the spirit of a Christian person, no demon can invade that holy place, but they can be given permission to live in the soul (mind, will and emotions---the personality).

My daughter today is a greatly mature believer and is serving the Lord Jesus Christ with all she's got!

Last edited:
My daughter accepted Jesus Christ as her Saviour at age 7. She was insatiable in reading the bible and in following the Lord. At age 10, she suffered an incident in her life where she suffered a serious wound of rejection. At age 19 she went to a church service and asked Holy Spirit to fill her. It was at that point that the demons that had been quite happy to live in her rejection place surfaced and began to act out in overt and terrible ways., which I will not go into here.

As a strong believer who has bothered to discover the truth about these matters, I knew exactly what was happening. There were demons in her soul that were being usurped by Holy Spirit and they were having a hissy fit, not wanting to be dislodged from their comfy place. We made sure she got the help she needed and one day she was delivered of four demons who all gave their names, one of them being called "Rejection" and who admitted to being there since the age of 10.

So, it is not the truth to believe that demons cannot be lurking within a believer. When Jesus takes up residence in the spirit of a person, no demon can invade that holy place, but they can be given permission to live in the soul (mind, will and emotions---the personality).

My daughter today is a greatly mature believer and is serving the Lord Jesus Christ with all she's got!

This is a great point, so let me rephrase...demons cannot take up ownership of fellow believers, however, they can gain footholds (which can be built up into strongholds) when we continue in sin and do not repent.

So, it is not the truth to believe that demons cannot be lurking within a believer. When Jesus takes up residence in the spirit of a Christian person, no demon can invade that holy place, but they can be given permission to live in the soul (mind, will and emotions---the personality).

Can you explain what you are saying, please? I've been told true Christians can't be possessed. Are you saying they can possess the mind or do you mean they can influence the mind? I'm quite curious.

Can you explain what you are saying, please? I've been told true Christians can't be possessed. Are you saying they can possess the mind or do you mean they can influence the mind? I'm quite curious.

Possession involves the inhabitation of one's spirit, but a Christian's spirit is indwelt by God. However, the soul, which is part of the makeup of the flesh of the person, and consists of the mind, will and emotions, can be indwelt by a demonic spirit, and we often refer to this as a stronghold.

Kris Vallotton had a great analogy in his book "Spirit Wars"; he said (and I'm paraphrasing) think of yourself at a hotel. Believers have God as the owner of the hotel to where each room is occupied by light. However, the light in the rooms can slowly fade (demonic foothold) and can become completely dark (stronghold) to where demons take up residence. This is not to say that a believer is possessed but rather influenced by the darkness that has taken up residence. When this happens, you can always (and should always) call upon the owner (God) to kick those dark residents out and replace them again with light.

Let me say this...it don't make any sense to me to have Polly believe or think she has a demon unless we are sure we have her in the position that God needs her to be in to deliver her. If there is some oppression or whatever?..God has a plan that first requires a certain level of right believing on her part. It will do no good to deliver her, if she is not determined to never return to some of the things she has been practicing.. If we sweep the house we want it to stay clean, and I think that is going to require some obedience from her? Just my feeling...

Thank you both. Sis, I thought you meant the demons could actually ' live inside' my mind. That would be creepy.

Well, they can. My daughter was given the ability to see the four she had. They had form and would have taken up some kind of "space". We are dealing with spiritual entities, here.

Back