The Parable Of The Merchant Man And The Pearl Of Great Price...

The kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man seeking goodly pearls. WE are the “goodly pearls” who will hear the Word of Truth as preached by our Lord Jesus and will respond with a meek and quiet spirit…breath. The “goodly pearl” is the “ornament of a meek and quiet spirit”.

Matthew 13:45-46 KJV
(45) Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
(46) Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

The “goodly pearl” is the meek and quiet breath of the hidden man of the heart who will hear His voice in the words of life and spirit and will not reject them but will keep them within the heart. The “goodly pearl”….the meek and quiet spirit…is in the sight of God of GREAT PRICE.

The Lord searches the hearts of men seeking the “goodly pearl” within the hidden man of the heart. The preaching of the true sayings of God will reveal what is hidden in the hearts of men….whether good or bad…for they will speak what is in the abundance of the heart.

1 Peter 3:4 KJV
(4) But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

Where is the place of His rest…in whose hearts shall He find a place for His rest?

Isaiah 66:1-5 KJV
(1) Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

But to this man will He look….to him that is “poor and of a contrite spirit” ( a pearl of great price) and trembles at His Word. The “goodly pearl” is the poor and contrite spirit… a breath that is used in meekness…in response to His voice when He will speak the Word of Truth to us.

(2) For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

But those who will speak evil of what they will hear will not abide…for he we sell all those who hear and not receive the Word in their hearts in order to buy the one pearl...His called out...His church.

Many men will speak the evil within their hearts toward the preaching of the Word of Truth. They will not hear it for it will not conform to their own religious thoughts and ways. His thoughts and ways are higher than ours. And yet, men who will behave badly towards the preaching of the Word of Truth will think they are doing God “service” for killing His messengers…speaking evil of them . They will be quick to speak in wrath at what they will hear and instead of being “poor” in spirit….poor in breath….slow to speak.

(3) He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine's blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations.

When He will call them, they will not answer. When He will speak to them, they will not hear….but will instead behave badly before His eyes.

(4) I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.

Those who will tremble at His Word are those who are of ONE pearl whom He buys. They on the other hand will be “sold” off. They shall be ashamed because they will have delighted in their misbehaving at the hearing of His Word…and yet think that they are glorifying Him for their evil ways (Let the LORD be glorified) .

(5) Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the LORD be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.

I'm sorry, but I believe you are missing the point of this parable by miles. Jesus spoke several parables on the same general theme, that being that "eternal life is of such great value, that once found, would be worth giving all that you possessed to have it". In other words, if a person clearly understood what was at stake and what a great gift it is that God is offering us, that person whould drop EVERYTHING and devote their entire life and effort to having that gift.

Sadly, there are very few who do. I often get "caught up in the affairs of the world" and get distracted from my intended goal. Modern life seems to be made of distractions. No wonder the monks prefer to go medieval.

Hi Glomung,

Thank you for reading and your input.

Indeed, eternal life is of great value and importance ….that every one should give up their own thoughts and ways for His.

In Matthew 13, we find that it is the kingdom of heaven that is likened unto a merchant man. Not that we are not the merchant man….but the kingdom of heaven is.

We are instructed unto the kingdom of heaven by His messengers of the Word of Truth who are sent out in the end of this age and how we react to what we hear determines if we are wicked or just. The heart reveals what is in it by our own words….of which every idle word that shall come out of our own mouths shall be held accountable. Out of the treasure of our hearts do we bring forth good things or bad.

The just…those who receive the instruction of the kingdom of heaven with a meek and quiet spirit and tremble at it …..are the “pearl” of great price. We are the precious treasure unto our Lord.

Matthew 13:45-52 KJV
(45) Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
(46) Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net . We are not the “net” but the “vessels” that the net gathers. For every person shall hear the instruction unto the kingdom of heaven. How do we enter into it? By having love for each other and keeping what we will hear. The kingdom of heaven will gather all together…exposing who is good and who is bad.

(47) Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:
(48) Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.

His messengers shall come forth at the end of this age (world) to preach these things to us all….so that the wicked may be severed from the just by how we respond. The Word of God is sharper than any two-edged sword.

(49) So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
(50) And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
(51) Jesus saith unto them, Have ye understood all these things? They say unto him, Yea, Lord.

Where is the “treasure”? In our hearts and the “treasure” is brought out with our mouths.

(52) Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heavenis like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old.

A good man out of the good treasure of the heart will bring forth good things….and an evil man will bring forth evil things out of the evil treasure of the heart. A “pearl”… a meek and quiet spirit…. is of great price in the sight of God. It is a true treasure to Him. A contrite spirit is a true sacrifice.

Matthew 12:34-37 KJV
(34) O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
(35) A good man out of the good treasure of the heartbringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

What kind of things will come out of our own mouths from the “treasure” of our hearts?

(36) But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
(37) For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

After the hardness and impenitent heart do we treasure up unto ourselves wrath….

Romans 2:5-8 KJV
(5) But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyselfwrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

He will render to every man according to his deeds. What deeds will we display at the hearing of His Word of Truth spoken in sincerity?

(6) Who will render to every man according to his deeds:

To those who will patiently continue in well doing seek eternal life…..which is definitely is a treasure unto us. We do seek eternal life.

(7) To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

But unto those that are contentious and do not obey the Truth but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath. The tongue is a fire and will set ourselves on the fire of Gehenna as punishment for the idle words that will come out of our mouths in contention of the Word. But our Lord is patient not wanting anyone to perish but to change our minds about these things.

(8) But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

Blessed are the poor in spirit….poor in breath. They will display a meek and quiet spirit at the hearing of the preaching of the kingdom of heaven as their words will be few (letting their yes be yes and no be no). They will hear and understand and produce the fruit of righteousness toward His words of life and spirit.

Matthew 5:3 KJV
(3) Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 5:37 KJV
(37) But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

I'm with ya Wheetz,

Here are a few more "facts,"

A pearl starts from an irritant, and in a slow process is turned into a gem, just as we are irritants in the world, but through sanctification we become gems.

The merchant was looking for a good pearl, one of the reasons the Word became flesh and dwelt among us is He was looking for a Bride.

The meaning of the word "sold" can mean to enter into slavery, which is what The Word did in taking on the form of the Man Jesus.

Blessings,

Gene

Hi JustPassingThru,

I really like that!

The pearl starts as an irritant. Our hearts are to be humbled by being afflicted …to mourn and weep….being of a contrite and humble spirit. The Word of God does look for such a response…an initial “irritation” of the heart.

James 4:8-10 KJV
(8) Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
(9) Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.
(10) Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

To this man will He “look”…which is “to scan”….to him that is “poor”(humble) and of a contrite (smitten) spirit (breath) and trembles at the hearing of His Word. He scans the hearts of men by His Word that is heard….and will render to every man his resulting deeds (every man’s words) toward the hearing of His Word.

Isaiah 66:2 KJV
(2) For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

I’m thinking that the “selling” part…the sold into slavery part…is the gathering out of His kingdom all things that offend and them which do iniquity at the hearing of His Word. Every one who will commit sin (evil speaking) is a slave to sin.

Matthew 13:45-46 KJV

In Matthew 13, it seems that one of the major themes is the separating of the wicked from among the just. The “wicked” are sold so to speak in order to “buy” the just who will hear and obey.

Matthew 13:49 KJV
(49) So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,

The bad gets cast away.

Matthew 13:48 KJV
(48) Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.

He gives the wicked over….surrenders them…to a rejected mind to be filled with all unrighteousness because they will not hear Him when He will call to them. They are “sold” to sin so to speak as they will willfully not depart from their evil speaking.

Romans 1:28-29 KJV
(28) And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
(29) Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

The wicked shall be a “ransom” for the righteous.

Proverbs 21:18 KJV
(18) The wicked shall be a ransom for the righteous, and the transgressor for the upright.

Just thinking out loud.

Thanks Gene for your awesome input!

Interesting, I used to think it as “heaven” is the “pearl”…

But reading the explanation….. as well as looking Matthew 13 on the parables before this parable, I tend to agree also that those that are “precious” to the sight of the merchant..

It is always difficult to accept the pearls are now that important to the merchant…..
but if the value/love is given, I think it will unthinkable not to accept.

Similar to being forgiven:
if the forgiver explicitly forgive the forgiven….
and the forgiven still not believe or have faith on what the forgiver says…
then the forgiven have some issues : )

hope I have more faith in “Ask, and it shall be given to you. Seek, and ye shall find. Knock, and it shall be opened to you.” : )

Hey aha, Paul talks about winds of false doctrines that flow around the world, the parable of the treasure in the field and the pearl of great price were two that have been interpreted to mean we are to sell everything to gain Jesus, ...upon hearing that I asked what can we sell to attain Divinity?

The “wicked” are sold so to speak in order to “buy” the just who will hear and obey.

I agree the wicked will be outside the Kingdom of God, but isn't that saying some are destined to Hell and some to Heaven, but Scripture teaches us God is not willing that any should perish.

Blessings,

Gene

Indeed, there will be a separation of the wicked from the among the just…. at the end of this age. But what is meant by the words “heaven” and “hell”? The “kingdom of heaven” is the reign of the heavens.

Please bear with me as I try to explain what I’m thinking about the word “heaven” and the phrase “kingdom of heaven. I know it is a long post.

To me, “Heaven” is the “air” through which words travel to others ears. It is the atmosphere through which words fly… as birds fly through the air. Think what “Twitter” represents to us today….a “bird” is its icon and people “tweet” their thoughts to others.

Words find places to land in others’ hearts. If a man will love Jesus, he will keep His words of life and spirit.

In the beginning, the Spirit of God “moved”…that is, it “fluttered” upon the waters. The dove was sent out by Noah…and it looked for a place to “rest”. The Spirit is likened to bird…a dove…looking for a place to rest as it is sent down from “heaven”. It looks for a humble heart to rest in so that we may also speak His Word to others. Birds “keep seed alive upon the earth”.

KJV
(23) Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

He that will not love Him will not keep His sayings which is the Word of the Father in heaven .

(24) He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

The Lord sends forth His words….the “messengers”…the “angels”…in the Spirit to see if any will understand and seek God. But the earth was without form and void…..there was no understanding as they had all gone aside. The Spirit had no place to rest.

KJV
(1) To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
(2) The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.
(3) They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Some will hear the Word and resist what they will hear. It is sown in the hearts…but the “fowls of the air” come and devour it up. The word “air” in , is the same as “heaven”.

The “fowls of heaven” are the words that will come out of the mouths of those who will not believe in what they will hear. They will be contentious in their wrath rather than responding with a contrite and quiet spirit…breath. The Spirit will not be able to “rest” upon them as they will resist the Spirit. Their own words will devour what was sown within them as they trodden down (along the road/way side) what they hear.

KJV
(3) Hearken; Behold, there went out a sower to sow:
(4) And it came to pass, as he sowed, some fell by the way side, and the fowls of the air came and devoured it up.

Men shall gather themselves together to make war against the Word of God that sits on the white “horse”. They will make “war” against Him with their words . They will contend with the Word of Truth as preached through the Holy Spirit. When we preach the Word of God through the Holy Spirit…it is powerful. We are to be judged by our own contentious words (the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven that gather against the Word).

KJV
(17) And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

Those who will contend with the Word of God as spoken through the Spirit shall “perish” in the Day of Judgment. Our own words of contention…speaking evil of the things that we do not understand…will be responsible for our own perishing from off the earth as the contentious words will eat the flesh of those who will exalt themselves against Him.

(18) That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
(19) And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

But thanks be to the Lord that He is very patient not willing that any should perish but should come to “repentance”….to change our minds from our own thoughts and ways and receive His.

KJV
(9) The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Words have power. They have power to deceive others and lead them down the wrong path to destruction. They have power to bring life. Death and life are in the power of the tongue.

How do we enter into the “reign of the heavens”? By humbling ourselves to the hearing of the Word and having love for our brothers who come to preach the Word through the Spirit.

We are to rein in what comes out of our mouths in response to the hearing of the Word of Truth as spoken by our Lord through the Holy Spirit. Blessed are the “poor in spirit”…the poor in breath…for theirs is the “kingdom of heaven” .

If we can humble ourselves to His words, He will exalt us and give us a mouth and wisdom that the enemy shall not be able to gainsay nor resist. We shall “rule” with His words in the “heavens” …the air where words travel…as we preach the Scriptures in His wisdom for others to hear.

KJV
(15) For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.

The assembly of the Libertines, Cyrenians, Alexandrians, etc. could not win their disputing with Stephen…for he spoke with the wisdom and Spirit of God. "Stephen" which means "crown"...ruled in the heavens with Christ. When they could not win against the Word with their disputing, they fell from “heaven” so to speak and resorted to false accusations and murder.

KJV
(9) Then there arose certain of the synagogue, which is called the synagogue of the Libertines, and Cyrenians, and Alexandrians, and of them of Cilicia and of Asia, disputing with Stephen.
(10) And they were not able to resist the wisdom and the spirit by which he spake.

When Jesus speaks, He is sending forth His “messengers”. He will open up His mouth in parables and will utter things (sending them forth the words in the air to others’ ears) which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world. It is like a “net” that is cast into the sea (the multitude) and gathers of every kind.

KJV
(34) All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them:
(35) That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

To those who love what He says (His disciples) and come to Him, He will interpret the parables. The mysteries of the kingdom are given to those who will have love for Him and His words. But He sends away the “multitude”…that is, the people who will not hear and receive Him.

(36) Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
(37) He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
(38) The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
(39) The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
(40) As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

The Son of man shall send forth His “angels”...His “messengers”…His words of life and spirit in the end of this age as the time comes when He will speak plainly of the Father. This will create a division between those who will believe in what they will hear and those who will not. Those who will not believe will resist the Spirit.

(41) The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

The “multitude” will not hear and believe are sent away. They are cast into a “furnace of fire” where shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. There will be lamentation and rage…sorrow and wrath.

(42) And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
(43) Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Evil men shall wax worse and worse in their evil speaking (the furnace of fire….the tongue is a fire)as the “fowls of the air” shall gather together to eat of the flesh of those who exalt themselves. These will be outside the kingdom of heaven. But the righteous shall shine as the sun in the kingdom of their Father.

KJV
(12) Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
(13) But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

All who will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution from those who will not believe. When the “unclean” spirit…that is, the unclean breath that speaks evil from the heart….goes out of a man (out of his mouth), it “walks” through dry places not finding a place to “rest”. When we are persecuted by others with their evil words, we are not to render evil for their evil…thereby, giving that breath no place to rest upon us.

KJV
(43) When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.

Evil men shall wax worse and worse as they “burn” in the “fire”. The tongue is a “fire” that sets the whole course of nature on fire.

Their own evil words will return to their own “house” from where it came out and will take 7 other spirits more wicked than itself and will enter in and dwell within their hearts which have no place for His Word….for it will be “empty” of His Word. No place of rest will be found for His Word within their hearts.

(44) Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.
(45) Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

“Babylon” …the flattering tongue that once ruled over and deceived many…..will fall at the hearing of the Word of Truth as spoken by the Spirit. The mouth that once spoke with goodly words and flattering speeches will change to one that will be full of evil things to say…becoming a “cage of every unclean and hateful bird”…evil words…and we are not to keep company with such when we see these things come to pass.

KJV
(2) And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

Yes, I follow what you are saying, and no disagreement from me, however, this kind of knowledge comes from intensive, in depth, Holy Spirit led fellowship with the Lord that comes only from sitting at His feet, you are either a sincere pastor of the Lord or you have a pastor that is, so don't be surprised if the unlearned don't believe or follow what you have said and will want to argue.

Blessings,

Gene

Hi JustPassingThru,

Thanks for considering. I know a lot of things I say just don’t seem correct in many eyes. I’m just a man who has many failings so it is good for others to search the Scriptures to see if these things are true.

We are all brothers here ....and I have only one Pastor in heaven that I want to sit at His feet and learn…as we all do.

1 Timothy 4:13 KJV
(13) Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.
(14) Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.
(15) Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.
(16) Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

The reason it doesn't seem "correct" in many eyes is because what you have said is how we are to APPLY the Word to our lives, and that is given to us, shown to us through private time with the Lord, there are many who use the Word to cut, strike and hurt the believers because they only have head knowledge knowledge and that knowledge has not descended to the heart to affect the way they walk, conforming them into the image of Jesus Christ, also since it it given to us during our private times with the Lord it is Him speaking directly to us and not necessarily to anyone else, guiding and directing our lives in the particular area He wants to do a work, so may I suggest you be careful as to how much and to whom you reveal these intimate times with your Bridegroom.

Blessings,

Gene

I hear you about how people use the Word…or rather misuse it…for arguing…striking down others with their head knowledge. Many war out of envy of each other and can not have true knowledge because they have strayed away from His doctrine: to have unfeigned love for one another. He can not or will not speak to us as spiritual if we are living according to the flesh….in envy and strife. To be carnally-minded is death but to be spiritually-minded is life and peace.

To those who hear what He says to us in the “darkness”…in those personal times with the Lord, we are expected to speak it in Light and preach it upon the housetops and not hide it in the “earth” in fear of what others may think and say.

Matthew 10:25-27 KJV
(25) It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?
(26) Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known.
(27) What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.

His people perish because of a lack of knowledge. They need to hear His knowledge as He is merciful to us to deliver us from our envying and strife in which we perish in.

Men will always come forth in their disagreement. Their response should only be limited to having their “yes be yes” and their “no be no” for anything more will be evil. Sin is present in a multitude of words against what they will hear. But those who will refrain their lips is wise.

Proverbs 10:19 KJV
(19) In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise.

The multitude of words spoken in hastiness against what one will hear will not be considered evil by those who will do it. Men will want to be quick to speak…but they are counseled to let their words be few….their “yes be yes” and their “no being no” only.

Ecclesiastes 5:1-7 KJV
(1) Keep thy foot when thou goest to the house of God, and be more ready to hear, than to give the sacrifice of fools: for they consider not that they do evil.
(2) Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few.
(3) For a dream cometh through the multitude of business; and a fool's voice is known by multitude of words.
(4) When thou vowest a vow unto God, defer not to pay it; for he hath no pleasure in fools: pay that which thou hast vowed.
(5) Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, than that thou shouldest vow and not pay.
(6) Suffer not thy mouth to cause thy flesh to sin; neither say thou before the angel, that it was an error: wherefore should God be angry at thy voice, and destroy the work of thine hands?
(7) For in the multitude of dreams and many words there are also divers vanities: but fear thou God.

The Scriptures are full of examples of men resisting. Those who are willingly ignorant of those examples will follow the same pattern that was set so long ago. They will persecute us for those things and will be ashamed of His words that we hear in the ear and speak to others. They will not want to hear truth as they will turn their ears from it.

The “sign” of the Son of man in heaven shall be the response of men…as they will mourn over what they will hear in their ears….the words of the witness (cloud of witnesses) that come through the “air”. The high priest “rent his clothes” in his mourning and spoke evil.

Mark 14:62-65 KJV
(62) And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
(63) Then the high priest rent his clothes, and saith, What need we any further witnesses?
(64) Ye have heard the blasphemy: what think ye? And they all condemned him to be guilty of death.

And some will follow their pernicious ways as they will persecute those who will speak His words of truth to their ears.

(65) And some began to spit on him, and to cover his face, and to buffet him, and to say unto him, Prophesy: and the servants did strike him with the palms of their hands.

I hear you about how people use the Word…or rather misuse it…for arguingstriking down others with their head knowledge. Many war out of envy of each other and can not have true knowledge because they have strayed away from His doctrine: to have unfeigned love for one another. He can not or will not speak to us as spiritual if we are living according to the flesh….in envy and strife. To be carnally-minded is death but to be spiritually-minded is life and peace.

Exactly, you have hit the nail on the head!

John teaches us that we don't need any man to teach us because the Holy Spirit that lives inside of us will teach us all things, and what He teaches is truth and in love, 1 John 2:27, ...now put that together with what Paul teaches us that the evidence that the Holy Spirit is living inside of of us, which are the fruit of the Holy Spirit Gal 5:22 and it's very easy to see and discern who are the false teachers, because they are NOT teaching in love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, goodness, faith, humility and SELF CONTROL, ...what is so sad, is as they ramble on in their verbosity (Spurgeon called them "blind mouths") they don't even realize the Holly Spirit is saying, speaking in our spirits, to His children, this is wrong, this is wrong, this is wrong, ...I'm convinced these are the people Jesus was talking about when they questioned him about their prophesying in His name and unfortunately they will hear Him say, depart from Me for I NEVER knew you, ...so sad, so sad.

Blessings,

Gene

Thanks Gene for your patience and kindness! Civility and gentleness is hard to come by. I guess that is what makes men with such a manner a true find….a “pearl” or gem…for it is not the norm.

Please forgive me for my wordiness and rambling. I do go on tangents and love to answer with scriptures. I hope you don’t think I’m preaching at you or anything. I do like to share and speak what comes to mind…..which is a lot sometimes.

A lot of the strife among men is brought on because of the striving about who should be accounted the greatest and who should be accounted the “betrayer” of Jesus….as the disciples did.

In Luke 22, this quarrel happened at the Last Supper….. which is done in remembrance of Him. The true “supper” is to have love for one another as He loved us and gave His life for us…doing it in remembrance for what He did for us. We must discern the body of Christ and fulfill the doctrine of Christ….having love for one another at all times…even if we do not agree with each other over differences of interpretation. Love rules!

Luke 22:19-23 KJV
(19) And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.
(20) Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.
(21) But, behold, the hand of him that betrayeth me is with me on the table.
(22) And truly the Son of man goeth, as it was determined: but woe unto that man by whom he is betrayed!

The disciples “enquired”…that is, disputed…among themselves about which one of them is the betrayer.

(23) And they began to enquire among themselves, which of them it was that should do this thing.

And they also strived among themselves about which of them should be accounted the greatest.

(24) And there was also a strife among them, which of them should be accounted the greatest.
(25) And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors.
(26) But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.

So we have 2 things going on among men. There is much dispute today among the churches and among men about who should be accounted the greatest and who is labeled the “betrayer” of Jesus. Men seek their own glory as they preach themselves and put down others.

Mark 9:33-35 KJV
(33) And he came to Capernaum: and being in the house he asked them, What was it that ye disputed among yourselves by the way?
(34) But they held their peace: for by the way they had disputed among themselves, who should be the greatest.
(35) And he sat down, and called the twelve, and saith unto them, If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all.

Yes, we do not have to have “men” teach us….for it is all the Holy Spirit that leads us to speak what we hear the Spirit saying.

The “Bride” repeats what the Spirit says and it is Jesus who sends the “angel”…the messenger…to the churches to testify. And those who hear what the Spirit is saying is to respond with an invitation (“come”)….to entertain the words of a “stranger” that will speak the words of Jesus by the Spirit to them. We are to remember to have brotherly love…even to strangers who may be the messengers of God. (Hebrews 13:1-2).

Revelation 22:16-17 KJV
(16) I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
(17) And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

How can people believe on Him without hearing….how shall they hear without a speaker. Faith comes by HEARING and hearing by the Word of God .

Romans 10:14-15 KJV
(14) How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

A “preacher” who will speak of glad tidings of good things has to be SENT by the Father. They only repeat what He says. They only speak what He speaks and the speak to others in their hearing so that faith may come.

(15) And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Jesus was SENT by the Father to teach….and His doctrine was not His own.

John 7:16-20 KJV
(16) Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

If any man will do His will, he shall know of the teaching whether it be of God. A speaker of the Word of Truth will NOT behave in unrighteousness ever. No guile…no deceit will be found in their mouths as they will preach the Word of God in truth….not handling the Word deceitfully for unjust gain.

(17) If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

A speaker who is sent will not seek his own glory but will only seek His glory that SENT him. Many do however seek their own glory as they struggle with one another over who is accounted the greatest.

(18) He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

Men who only seek their own glory will not want to hear the Truth and will seek to “kill” the messenger….who will only speak what they hear the Father saying.

(19) Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?
(20) The people answered and said, Thou hast a devil: who goeth about to kill thee?

Those who will want to “kill” the messenger will not bring forth good fruit out of their hearts….for they will speak evil of what they will hear.

Matthew 7:19-27 KJV
(19) Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
(20) Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

We must do His will…to let brotherly love continue at all times.

(21) Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Yet, some will think that they are doing God “service” for casting out the strangers from their gatherings….calling them “devils” and “evil doers”. They will think that they will be doing these things in His authority…in His “name” as they will behave badly towards the messengers of the Truth.

(22) Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
(23) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
(24) Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

The Word will come upon them as rain and will “beat” upon their “house”…but those who will bring forth good fruit shall not fall as they will let brotherly love continue.

(25) And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
(26) And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
(27) And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Back