The Position of A Husband

Great topic, and lots of very good information has been posted alwready.

And to put it nicely my moms husband sucks.

May I ask, is this your view? or your mothers? ...
Or both?

In my opinion, I would go back to Genesis.
The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."
Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman, for she was taken out of man."
For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.

This is marriage in the eyes of God.
And in my understanding, if we don't get this part right....

None of the other stuff really matters at all.

Marriage is ALWAYS a "2 way street."

May the Lord bless you and keep you. :)

isn't 2 way street 2 sides? one side and the other is opposite :p? Shouldn't it be one way street xDD :p ?

Ramsey .... That is an expression that means both sides are equall . It is sort of an oxymoron. and does not mean the way you took it . Sometimes we have expressions in English that don't make sense.:)

That is a good question for our sister...When I was single, I prayed that my husband-to-be would love God with all his heart; be a man of the Word and of prayer. I didn't pray for financial riches, I didn't expect them and didn't get them but I got SO MUCH MORE that money cannot buy. I just figured that, for the most part, if he were to be rich in wordly wealth that he would likely be very spiritually poor. I certainly did not want a "spiritually poor man"...God did not give me one!!!:DWe will celebrate 10 years of marriage (about 5 years of wedded bliss...;)) this coming January.

Worshipper .... :goodpost::goodpost: That is the best answer and I wish I had learned that long ago as I would never have ended up in the mess I was in but God is good and He provided a way of escape to which I am so greatful for today and He never left me even though I messed up .

God bless you my dear .... You and your husband are great examples of a Godly Christian Marriage.

All this other that people are talking will all fall into place if you and your spouse are on the same page spiritually and both put God first before each other and then God will show both of you how to act towards each other and the fruit of the spirit will be evident in your lives .

I got divorced because my ex-wife was demanding, overbearing, an alcoholic, and posessive. Seriously, she used to go through the trashcan to see if I'd thrown away any phone numbers.:( She wanted me to ask permission before I bought anything, she wanted to run the house and our marriage. She didn't believe in equality for women - she believed that all women were superior to men. :(I was her third husband. I wonder why.:rolleyes:

Anyways, yeah...while there is a position of a husband, there is also a position of a wife. A husband isn't the owner of the wife. He should take charge in the marriage and fulfill his obligations as stated in the bible, as the head.

Back in college, a girl who was interested in me once asked me while we were listening to the radio (When A Man Loves A Woman was playing): "Would you sleep out in the rain for me? If you loved me?" I told her, "If I loved you...would you make me sleep out in the rain? And how about vice-versa? Would you sleep out in the rain for me? Equal rights, ya know.;)"

Both have responsibilities in a relationship. Our first and foremost duty should be to our God.;)

Sorry for all that happened in your life Whirlwind . I too had a lot of heart aches and troubles but you know what I have learned that I am not to blame my ex for what happened but myself for getting into a relationship that was not God ordained and not the person that God had in mind for me . I am the one who messed up not him. I have no one to blame but myself for the bad choices I made in my life instead of giving it to God .

But we have a loving Heavenly Father who lets us make choices and He is always there to pick up the pieces in our lives. What would we do without God , Jesus and the Holy Spirit . All this is a learning process in our lives .

I am so thankful today that through all this pain, anger, heartache, suffering that I can help some one ese from stumbling or also help them with the same things that I went through.

Through it all we have Jesus and He is our Strong Tower. Thankyou Jesus.

So to all those contemplating or looking for a mate may I say ..... Get down on your knees both of you and make sure it is the will of God and that you both put Him first or it will never work .

All the rest as far as a wish list will follow, if you are in the will of God.:jesus-sign::jesus-cross::bible::read-bible:

Ramsey .... That is an expression that means both sides are equall . It is sort of an oxymoron. and does not mean the way you took it . Sometimes we have expressions in English that don't make sense.:)

Ohhh :D hehe yay thanks Dusty =D =)
(now what does oxymoron mean xDD )

Worshipper .... :goodpost::goodpost: That is the best answer and I wish I had learned that long ago as I would never have ended up in the mess I was in but God is good and He provided a way of escape to which I am so greatful for today and He never left me even though I messed up .

God bless you my dear .... You and your husband are great examples of a Godly Christian Marriage.

All this other that people are talking will all fall into place if you and your spouse are on the same page spiritually and both put God first before each other and then God will show both of you how to act towards each other and the fruit of the spirit will be evident in your lives .

hey now come on ! remember the story you posted about the bamboo tree and the fern? how the bamboo was spreading its roots and building a strong foundation ? so that's the same thing with you! you have gained experience and now able to stand your ground ! so Praise God and rejoice with Him :)

Ohhh :D hehe yay thanks Dusty =D =)

hey now come on ! remember the story you posted about the bamboo tree and the fern? how the bamboo was spreading its roots and building a strong foundation ? so that's the same thing with you! you have gained experience and now able to stand your ground ! so Praise God and rejoice with Him :)

Woa..... Thanks for the reminder. You have a good memory. Yes I have gained experience and thank God for that , but it is also good to see where I am coming from and the mistakes in the past . Not that I reflect in the past often but it does crop up from time to time . Yes you are right, I do praise my Lord for bringing me through all these trials and because of bad choices we have to go through trials but they make us stonger in the Lord. God Bless.:)

I just wanted to reflect that fact so that now I can help others who are going through the same thing. And for others to not be caught in the same thing as I was. That's all.

Sorry for all that happened in your life Whirlwind . I too had a lot of heart aches and troubles but you know what I have learned that I am not to blame my ex for what happened but myself for getting into a relationship that was not God ordained and not the person that God had in mind for me . I am the one who messed up not him. I have no one to blame but myself for the bad choices I made in my life instead of giving it to God .

But we have a loving Heavenly Father who lets us make choices and He is always there to pick up the pieces in our lives. What would we do without God , Jesus and the Holy Spirit . All this is a learning process in our lives .

I am so thankful today that through all this pain, anger, heartache, suffering that I can help some one ese from stumbling or also help them with the same things that I went through.

Through it all we have Jesus and He is our Strong Tower. Thankyou Jesus.

So to all those contemplating or looking for a mate may I say ..... Get down on your knees both of you and make sure it is the will of God and that you both put Him first or it will never work .

All the rest as far as a wish list will follow, if you are in the will of God.:jesus-sign::jesus-cross::bible::read-bible:

PRAISE JESUS!

Thank you for those words, Dusty...they're true like an arrow on target.

During those dark days, I was going against God by chosing and marrying her. We were both drinking. She was 42 and I was 24 or something like that. She believed in the 7-Feather religion, I was (and will always be) a Christian.

So yeah - I did chose those circumstances. Listen to Dusty on this one, young guys. Those are a lot of smart words up there.

If you're lonely - God will find someone for you to be with.;)

Ramsey - although, this ex-wife of mine...she was the only person that I ever got into a full-all-out food fight with!:D It was hilarious! We were genuinely angry with each other when it started.:mad: But at the end, we were laughing so hard our tummies were aching.:p

isn't 2 way street 2 sides? one side and the other is opposite

Sorry for the confusion Ramsey. You know, one of the things I really like about this site is the exposure to people in other countries.

I see you're in Canada. (Would it have helped if I had ended the sentence with "AYE" ?) :D [kidding, kidding]

An impossible contradiction, examples would be...
1. Military Intelligence.
2. Assistant Supervisor
3. Postal Service
4. Christian Scientist
5. Accordion Music
6. Moderate Republican

(Can you tell I'm in an arnery mood today!!)

PRAISE JESUS!

Thank you for those words, Dusty...they're true like an arrow on target.

During those dark days, I was going against God by chosing and marrying her. We were both drinking. She was 42 and I was 24 or something like that. She believed in the 7-Feather religion, I was (and will always be) a Christian.

So yeah - I did chose those circumstances. Listen to Dusty on this one, young guys. Those are a lot of smart words up there.

If you're lonely - God will find someone for you to be with.;)

Ramsey - although, this ex-wife of mine...she was the only person that I ever got into a full-all-out food fight with!:D It was hilarious! We were genuinely angry with each other when it started.:mad: But at the end, we were laughing so hard our tummies were aching.:p

Thankyou , Whirlwind for accepting and understanding what was laid on my heart . The Lord has taught me even though I think wrong was done to me by my ex , I do not ever want to bad mouth him , but still pray for him to be saved.

My post was not meant to accuse or point fingers but to show what the Lord has taught me over the years. I was very bitter and angry when everything transpired but now know the Peace of God and how He was always there for me.As the years pass I now know why everything happens for a reason and mine was to draw me closer to the heart of God.

I hope my testimony can help others who are young and thinking of a finding a partner and that is why I posted to help some one else. I don't know all the answers but I do know that Jesus Christ walks with me and talks with me. And I am humbled by His Holy presence. God bless you Whirlwind ,and I love you with the love of the Lord.

Sorry for the confusion Ramsey. You know, one of the things I really like about this site is the exposure to people in other countries.

I see you're in Canada. (Would it have helped if I had ended the sentence with "AYE" ?) :D [kidding, kidding]

2. Assistant Supervisor
3. Postal Service
4. Christian Scientist
5. Accordion Music
6. Moderate Republican

(Can you tell I'm in an arnery mood today!!)

Hey , CShultz.... You got to get it right ..... It's eh ??? :D:D Canada ... eh ? He he :D:D

I think it is hard for Ramsey as his mother tongue is not English and all the expressions we have some times don't make sense.

LOOL THat seems like a looot of fun, wow hehe I hope I can do that with a wife (my own :p ) some day. hahaha that's really funny lool

LOL I like pirate talk :p ayee captain, arr me ladi,
"eh" is canadian :p I live in Canada but I'm from Lebanon originally so yes some expressions are strange but then again you won't want to hear the expressions we have in lebanese :p

2. Assistant Supervisor
3. Postal Service
4. Christian Scientist
5. Accordion Music
6. Moderate Republican

I am sooo confused lOOL I don't understand how these are oxymorons :p

Ramsey, I sure hope you're not taking me too seriously, I'm just kidding around with you a little.

If you don't mind my asking, what is your first language?
Is it French?

Don't feel alone, American (I won't say English as they are not the same) but American is a very difficult language to translate.

It is somewhat due to the fact that we tend to use a great deal of slang. As a result, words and connotations have taken on a strong resemblance to changes within our society.

1920 = "COOL" (Something cold, low temperature)

1950 = "COOL" (Something unique and exceptional)

1980 = "HOT" (Something unique and exceptional)

I have a hard time keeping up with our dialect, and I live here!! :D

Ramsey, I sure hope you're not taking me too seriously, I'm just kidding around with you a little.

If you don't mind my asking, what is your first language? He just answered you above
LOL I like pirate talk :p ayee captain, arr me ladi,
"eh" is canadian :p I live in Canada but I'm from Lebanon originally so yes some expressions are strange but then again you won't want to hear the expressions we have in lebanese :p
Is it French?

Don't feel alone, American (I won't say English as they are not the same) but American is a very difficult language to translate.

It is somewhat due to the fact that we tend to use a great deal of slang. As a result, words and connotations have taken on a strong resemblance to changes within our society.

I am sooo confused lOOL I don't understand how these are oxymorons :p

1920 = "COOL" (Something cold, low temperature)

1950 = "COOL" (Something unique and exceptional)

1980 = "HOT" (Something unique and exceptional)

I have a hard time keeping up with our dialect, and I live here!! :D

Now you are really confusing him .....LOL:cool::cool::cool:

While we're on the subject of language and translation. (I'm sorry, I didn't mean to run this topic off track.)

I was just thinking about the Genesis account of a Godly marriage.

When God said that it was not good that man be alone. (The first "NOT GOOD" in the Bible,)

He said that He would make a "Help Meet" for Adam.

Many women in todays culture take great offence to this concept. I can only speak for Americans as I have never been out of the country, but over here a large number of women take such great pride in independence that the thought of serving as a mans helper is insulting to them.

I believe that this is a primary reason we have such a high divorse rate. God wants mutual effort, teamwork, (The two shall become one flesh) In the same way we are created to be joined with God on a spiritual level, we are likewise to be joined just as intimately with one another on a physical level.

When I think of helping my wife, I don't view it as degrading at all, I see it as an honor. I'm doing the work God has called me to do.

Yes, God Himself, has asked us men to do some dishes, to do some laundry, and yes, God Himself wants us to change some dirty diapers.

Both men and women have lost the true meaning of "Help Meet" and that is a terrible shame.

In the past, women took great pride in being a "Good Wife."
Today, the term "Good Wife" has taken on a different meaning to some people, and they find it demeening.

Thank you Dusty!! :eek:

Maybe I should add that "READING" is of key importance in communicating! :D

Lebanese slipped right past me. :eek:

Oh! And Ramsey........ (Uhem..) Any Time ye wants to talk Pirate maytee, ye can counts me in! Argh!! :)

Many women in todays culture take great offence to this concept. I can only speak for Americans as I have never been out of the country, but over here a large number of women take such great pride in independence that the thought of serving as a mans helper is insulting to them.

Thus this is where one of the reasons why the world is ending soon. Women are having more power in households than the man, who is supposed to be the head of the household.

When I think of helping my wife, I don't view it as degrading at all, I see it as an honor. I'm doing the work God has called me to do.

Amen! I love helping everyone :)

Yes, God Himself, has asked us men to do some dishes, to do some laundry, and yes, God Himself wants us to change some dirty diapers.

I do those and it's getting fun :D since my mom is on vacation :p that's good though because I am learning for my future wife, if the Lord wills it that I get a wife.

Both men and women have lost the true meaning of "Help Meet" and that is a terrible shame.

In the past, women took great pride in being a "Good Wife."
Today, the term "Good Wife" has taken on a different meaning to some people, and they find it demeening.

I love it when husbands and wives want to be good husbands or good wives for their spouse :) both of them together, now that's marriage =) but while pleasing God first, Amen.

I love it when husbands and wives want to be good husbands or good wives for their spouse :) both of them together, now that's marriage =) but while pleasing God first, Amen.

Amen Ramsey .... Well said my brother. You will make some woman a good husband. Kudos to you ( That means cheers or good for you )

Thanks sis :) May God bless you!

Yes I know kudos haha I've lived here for 10 years, I know quite a few expressions :cool: haha. such as "out of the blue" and things like that hahaha =D in french it's even harder than english ones since I live in Quebec.

Back