The Position of A Husband

I do those and it's getting fun :D since my mom is on vacation :p that's good though because I am learning for my future wife, if the Lord wills it that I get a wife.

WOW! That is really a powerful witness. Do you see how God is preparing you!
I think that is just glorious. You're right, work is supposed to be fun. The first thing God gave Adam, even before sin was work. But working for God is not tedious or tiring.

Today, in this fallen world, many of us see work as unpleasant, but like you, we should seek the joy in a hard days work. It has great rewards.

I told our congregation one time that we will again be given work to do in heaven. I said, "We're not going to sit around all day playing a harp, there will be glorious work to do!"

(You should have seen their faces!) :D

Ramsey - and, uh, yeah. I strongly advise against getting into a laughing, rolling food fight with somebody else's wife, heee heee!:p

It started when she threw one of her chocolate Suzie-Q's at me and got the filling smeared all over in my hair. I looked around, saw a can of Pringles, dumped them into my hand and crushed them up into her hair. She was angry! She opened the fridge and there was some left-over smashed taters in there. She grabbed a handful and smeared it into my face. I was laughing by then, and I grabbed a handful of leftover corn and threw it at her like confetti.

This thread...all of ya'll have shown some real courage in posting the honesty that you have. I applaud everybody.

This is what I do :) In the hardest of works. I actually glorify God and I become happy that I am actually working! no matter how hard it is, I feel joy that I am doing it, for someone, and in the end for God.

I would love to own a garden and some sheeps (a shepherd :D) on the new earth :) It would be amazing. and fish my own fish and so forth :) Peace!!!!! can't wait for peace =)

Amen

and for Whirlwind - LOOOL imagine with someone's else's wife haha that's unthinkable! never! May God strike me down if I do that.

Amen Worshipper :)
What will come out of a worldly man or woman? nothing really, some pleasure for a few years on earth followed by eternal damnation.
what do you mean by 5 years of Wedded bliss ? What does that mean :p? Since you said 10 years of marriage.

Ramsey: I was wondering if anyone would catch that :D
There were 5 years (from year #4 through year #8 before real
healing came!!!) seemed to have come from the "pit" and a few of
those years we didn't even celebrate our anniversary...:(
The Lord has been so gracious, forgiving and loving to us and has
helped us straighten it ALL out and we are happier than we ever
thought we could be!!! We are truly blessed and only have a good-and-getting-better-every-day marriage because of Him.;)

Marriage success is not about finding the perfect person-there aren't any-or having the perfect marriage; it is really all about being who God created us to be and allowing Him to choose what is best for us...The only way to HAVE a godly marriage is to live through the ungodliness in ourselves (and pray that your spouse will put up with you as you put up with him/her) :pray: and change and mature into loving christian spouses...Gotta be one to have one in other words.

Thanks Dusty for the kind words. I pray that our marriage will be a testimony of His grace and goodness...all we have done is NOT kill each other...:D

Marriage success is not about finding the perfect person-there aren't any-or having the perfect marriage; it is really all about being who God created us to be and allowing Him to choose what is best for us

I think you hit the nail right on the head with that one Worshipper.
God has commanded us to "LOVE" one another.

It wasn't a request,
He didn't wish it for us,

It is commanded of us to do. Just like forgiveness, Love is an active verb.

Thanks sis :) May God bless you!

Yes I know kudos haha I've lived here for 10 years, I know quite a few expressions :cool: haha. such as "out of the blue" and things like that hahaha =D in french it's even harder than english ones since I live in Quebec.

Et Ramsey es que tu parle francais aussi ?

Marriage success is not about finding the perfect person-there aren't any-or having the perfect marriage; it is really all about being who God created us to be and allowing Him to choose what is best for us...The only way to HAVE a godly marriage is to live through the ungodliness in ourselves (and pray that your spouse will put up with you as you put up with him/her) :pray: and change and mature into loving christian spouses...Gotta be one to have one in other words.

My dear sister in the Lord... That my dear is the key to a Godly marriage and I think you should post that on the other thread to the one who is contemplating being yoked with an unbeliever.

Your right no one is perfect and no marriage is either but with God at the head you can't go wrong. You are a great example and God richly bless you and your husband.Thanks for being honest and forthright in your post. I am sure others will be blessed as well .:groupray:

oui je parle francais ma petite soeur en Christ :D
Mais mon grammaire se deteriore en francais :p j'etais meilleur avant.

......You talkin Greek er Hebrew??

Alls, I kin say is, the Lord luvs ya.

Eye luvs ya....

And my little doggie "CSchultz Jr". luvs ya.

Other thin that, you might as well be a talkin french fer all I know. ;)

hehe. Speaking french bro!

eye luvs ya also =D

lol :( and this was a topic about finding the right husband xD

Peut Dieu vous bénir mes frères et soeurs. (May God bless you my brothers and my sisters)
Now, keeping with the topic:D
:preach:
The original question of the position of the husband...it is ideal for a man to love God, keep His Word in his heart, be upright and honest in all his dealings and be the spiritual leader of the home, but he has to learn these things somewhere...you guessed it...in marriage!
Is my husband the "ideal"?. YES he is...I knew that before we were married; he is a man of God, integrity, honesty, love and family, hard working, etc. I fell in love with his heart.:heart: But even though he was Mr. Perfect, we had years of adjusting. In order for him to be all that, I must be what I am called to be...and that is not easy and not what we expect for the most part. I could tell you some stories!!! All good and praises to God for His work but let's say that married life is HARD...picking the "right one" is only about 25% of the battle. (25% for him and her to BE the right person and 25% each for him and her to BECOME and desire to grow into the right person to make a 100% marriage.-that makes 50% each....:p) Just wanting to put things into perspective.
If any woman expects her husband to be all that and more and he fails, which we all do, then being in the Lord, she must be mature enough to extend grace and love to him and they will grow together (and visa versa) ...I KNOW...this is the MAJOR reason why marriages fail...they fail to WORK AT IT...marriage is life's classroom, not a trip to Tahiti. :D
:preach: :amen:

Peut Dieu vous bénir mes frères et soeurs. (May God bless you my brothers and my sisters)
Now, keeping with the topic:D
:preach:
The original question of the position of the husband...it is ideal for a man to love God, keep His Word in his heart, be upright and honest in all his dealings and be the spiritual leader of the home, but he has to learn these things somewhere...you guessed it...in marriage!
Is my husband the "ideal"?. YES he is...I knew that before we were married; he is a man of God, integrity, honesty, love and family, hard working, etc. I fell in love with his heart.:heart: But even though he was Mr. Perfect, we had years of adjusting. In order for him to be all that, I must be what I am called to be...and that is not easy and not what we expect for the most part. I could tell you some stories!!! All good and praises to God for His work but let's say that married life is HARD...picking the "right one" is only about 25% of the battle. (25% for him and her to BE the right person and 25% each for him and her to BECOME and desire to grow into the right person to make a 100% marriage.-that makes 50% each....:p) Just wanting to put things into perspective.
If any woman expects her husband to be all that and more and he fails, which we all do, then being in the Lord, she must be mature enough to extend grace and love to him and they will grow together (and visa versa) ...I KNOW...this is the MAJOR reason why marriages fail...they fail to WORK AT IT...marriage is life's classroom, not a trip to Tahiti. :D
:preach: :amen:

Que Dieu, not Peut Dieu LOOL that was cute though :p Peut comes from the verbe "pouvoir" which means "can" in english or in simpler words "able". Il peut faire ca. He can do that. and then it's "Que Dieu vous bénisse, etc.." hehe :D

When I will find a wife, before marrying I will make sure that we train one another to be good for one another before marriage, I'll teach her all things that I like and want out of this and she'll do the same, this way we will know if we're compatible. I'll be sure to tell her all things about Christ so that we share the same beliefs and that she will get used to my ways, and I hers.

Mais oui.... Moi ... Je parle mellier que je e'ecrite et ma grammaire es mal aussi. J'ai habite en Suise et apprende le francais dans un famille de France . J'aime " ma petite soeur ' Merci mais ' petite '.......Hmmm .

( Can't find the accents on my computer.)

When I will find a wife, before marrying I will make sure that we train one another to be good for one another before marriage, I'll teach her all things that I like and want out of this and she'll do the same, this way we will know if we're compatible. I'll be sure to tell her all things about Christ so that we share the same beliefs and that she will get used to my ways, and I hers.

Amen Ramsey .... Good plan. And your marriage will last till God takes you home.:D:D

but I wanna go home now :(

:D It will be an amazing feeling that my wife will be saved also and we'll both go Home together :)

Back