The Real Face Of Jesus - Natgeo Feature On The Shroud Of Turin: Thoughts?

Do you think this is the real face of Jesus

• Yes

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Too many variables to know for sure.

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Please move this post if it is in the wrong forum. I thought this forum was appropriate because it could generate Bible study topics relates to the content of the media. :)

I think this is one of my favorite History Channel programs. I don't want to say anything about the content so as to avoid posting spoilers in the OP.

What are your thoughts on the findings of this groups research? And the final outcome. The actual proof, per the documentary, in the shroud that shows this was Jesus burial cloth.

8596148299_ae1ac11289_z.jpg

(via Bing Free to modify, share, and use)

I just wonder why so many are seeking some physical proof of their supposed faith? I think this is just another con in the great con game of mans religion.

1Co 2:4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
6 ¶ Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

I must admit this is very compelling...:)
It is. Especially when they found that the image in the material of the shroud arrived there through a transfer of light energy. I'm butchering what they actually said but still, that was compelling.

I'd like to know if they could type the blood that is in the fibers. The picture of Jesus in the OP is what was arrived at through the 3D rendering process of scanning the shroud.

That could be the face of Jesus. :love:

Moses' body was buried by the Lord. Why? Because though dead and gone Israel worships him to this day.

Exodus 20:3-6 (KJV)
Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

While the poor guy that is portrayed in the shroud may or may not be authentic for the time period, look what is already happening, people are worshiping it. That is not what God would allow. On this basis alone, it is not Jesus' face.

Now, @Where is the Messiah, if i could I would pay you to change your signature! PLEASE!? :D

I have seen this show several times and I agree, Scripture Bird, that it is a great watch. Ab - Christ made the impression on the Shroud when He resurrected - so if God made the shroud, how can it be an engraved image? Everyone who has studied the shroud says it's NOT paint, it has 3d quality that could not have been done in the 1300's as a hoax. Watch the documentary. I do not need physical proof for my faith. It's still nice to have it.

Did you watch the video?

Moses' body was buried by the Lord. Why? Because though dead and gone Israel worships him to this day.

Exodus 20:3-6 (KJV)
Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

While the poor guy that is portrayed in the shroud may or may not be authentic for the time period, look what is already happening, people are worshiping it. That is not what God would allow. On this basis alone, it is not Jesus' face.

Now, @Where is the Messiah, if i could I would pay you to change your signature! PLEASE!? :D

@Abdicate? The film gives a history of the shroud, the arguments against and pretty well refutes them. They go for a blow by blow of how they got the image as posted in OP. I'm not sure anyone is questioning the fact that it can be duplicated or that anyone knows how the image got there. Whatever you may have read or seen about the shroud, in the past - this is the ultimate must see, IMO

Back