The Remnant Church?

The bible speaks of a church still abounding today that was started by Jesus. A true Holy Spirit lead church, not the synagogue of satan, that mother of harlots, that was started by Messiah Jesus, Not simon the sorcerer and the romans. That a falling away of true believers would cleave to. Where is this church, and how do I recognize it?

Good question. Revelation seems to have some identifying traits concerning this churches doctrine.

Rev 3:17 says that the remnant would 1.) keep the commandments of God and 2.) have the testimony of Jesus.

Rev 14:7 says the remnant will direct those who are honest at heart to worship the true creator God. This seems to imply that many were in ignorance worshiping a false God.

Rev 14:8: they also sound the alarm against a "fallen Babylon"

Rev 14:12 : During the time of Rev 14:12, the remnant is identified as those who keep the commandments of God and have the faith of Jesus. By doing this they will avoid the beast and his mark described in the chapter just before it.

These are just some that quickly come to mind. God bless.

The bible speaks of a church still abounding today that was started by Jesus. A true Holy Spirit lead church, not the synagogue of satan, that mother of harlots, that was started by Messiah Jesus, Not simon the sorcerer and the romans. That a falling away of true believers would cleave to. Where is this church, and how do I recognize it?

Hi... which Simon the sorcerer ?

Hi... which Simon the sorcerer ?

Acts 8:9-25
New King James Version (NKJV)

The Sorcerer’s Profession of Faith
9 But there was a certain man called Simon, who previously practiced sorcery in the city and astonished the people of Samaria, claiming that he was someone great, 10 to whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, “This man is the great power of God.” 11 And they heeded him because he had astonished them with his sorceries for a long time. 12 But when they believed Philip as he preached the things concerning the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, both men and women were baptized. 13 Then Simon himself also believed; and when he was baptized he continued with Philip, and was amazed, seeing the miracles and signs which were done.

The Sorcerer’s Sin
14 Now when the apostles who were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent Peter and John to them, 15 who, when they had come down, prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit. 16 For as yet He had fallen upon none of them. They had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 17 Then they laid hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.

18 And when Simon saw that through the laying on of the apostles’ hands the Holy Spirit was given, he offered them money, 19 saying, “Give me this power also, that anyone on whom I lay hands may receive the Holy Spirit.”

20 But Peter said to him, “Your money perish with you, because you thought that the gift of God could be purchased with money! 21 You have neither part nor portion in this matter, for your heart is not right in the sight of God. 22 Repent therefore of this your wickedness, and pray God if perhaps the thought of your heart may be forgiven you. 23 For I see that you are poisoned by bitterness and bound by iniquity.”

24 Then Simon answered and said, “Pray to the Lord for me, that none of the things which you have spoken may come upon me.”

25 So when they had testified and preached the word of the Lord, they returned to Jerusalem, preaching the gospel in many villages of the Samaritans.

Good question. Revelation seems to have some identifying traits concerning this churches doctrine.

Rev 3:17 says that the remnant would 1.) keep the commandments of God and 2.) have the testimony of Jesus.

Rev 14:7 says the remnant will direct those who are honest at heart to worship the true creator God. This seems to imply that many were in ignorance worshiping a false God.

Rev 14:8: they also sound the alarm against a "fallen Babylon"

Rev 14:12 : During the time of Rev 14:12, the remnant is identified as those who keep the commandments of God and have the faith of Jesus. By doing this they will avoid the beast and his mark described in the chapter just before it.

These are just some that quickly come to mind. God bless.

Thank you for your response. This helps me.

I will keep seeking and praying, and doing my best to follow the 'Words' of God(YHWH).

Exodus 34:28
New King James Version (NKJV)

28 So he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights; he neither ate bread nor drank water. And He wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments.[a]

Footnotes:
  1. Exodus 34:28 Literally Ten Words

bar Jesus or Simon the mageuō never started a church ..
nor the Romans, as Roman Christians of the 1st century were adherents of the Apostolic church Peter and Paul started ..
and the Harlot of Revelations is Jerusalem ..

nor is an apostasy a reference to true believers, but rather a lack of them .. hence when they are removed along with "he who now restrains" ..

I can understand that. Nonetheless, it isn't a jab and isn't meant to be.

I didn't mean you meant it that way ..
it just sounds like one ..
I don't like generalizing, but if you must, then enumerating it as a generalization is good to do ..
history is important, and is a good teacher, as to not repeat former errors ..

because if he said it as an Anglican, he would be meaning it in a pro sense ..
but if he said it as an Catholic, he would be meaning it in a con sense ..

He said it as a Catholic. Newman’s short, pithy statement is't intended to be a "rule" that those Protestants versed in Church history must enter the Catholic Church. It is a general observation that Church history argues against Protestantism and that those Protestants who study history deeply many times realize that the Catholic Church is the true Church. I could be wrong, but I think it was included in his letter to the duke of Norfolk.

He said it as a Catholic. Newman’s short, pithy statement is't intended to be a "rule" that those Protestants versed in Church history must enter the Catholic Church. It is a general observation that Church history argues against Protestantism and that those Protestants who study history deeply many times realize that the Catholic Church is the true Church. I could be wrong, but I think it was included in his letter to the duke of Norfolk.

that's interesting, and I was not aware of when he said that ..
my take on it was that Catholics have been very good historians throughout the centuries, and Protestants are not as versed in church history ..

I know you were accusing me of that -- I wouldn't accuse you of accusing me :p

I meant that Cardinal Newman wasn't trying to jab. It was a response. It's one I can very much relate to.

thank you for exonerating me .. I dislike having to do that ..
I read your posts and enjoy them ..

I love history myself and it is very useful ..

Rev Harlot - Rome vs Jerusalem

There NEVER was "5 KINGDOMS WHO WERE" (7 hills/kingdoms) ruling over Rome (Revelations authored in 95 AD).. thus scripture cannot be talking about Rome as the "HARLOT" .. however in Ezekiel chapter 16 you will see God calls JERUSALEM the "HARLOT" 19 times and many many more times refers to JERUSALEM as LEWD, ADULTROUS AND ABOMINOUS ..

ROME had 4 eras at the time of Revelations authoring:
prehistoric (??? BC - 800 BC)
Etruscan (800 BC - 500 BC)
Greek (333 BC - 300 BC)
Roman (63 BC - 476 AD)
(the prehistoric era was before Rome existed and thus not relevant)

thus Rome at the time of authoring had only 2 that were (not 5) and 1 that was ..

Last edited:
and indeed, there were 5 kingdoms/empires that ruled over Jerusalem ("were") and 1 that did ("was" which was Rome) at the time of Revelations authoring ..

Back