The Remnant Church?

I have always understood this as Jesus giving us a hint of genderless .. which would be a hard concept for carnal man to understand .
Mat 22:29
But Jesus answered and said to them, “You are mistaken, not understanding the Scriptures nor the power of God.
Mat 22:30
“For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.

Last edited:
Amen, well............ I think we attempt to understand past what Scriptures give. God has a back, sits, laughs, has hands, has arms. No reason to believe that spirits are shapeless blobs. If we are to worship God in spirit (Not flesh) then there has to be Male and Female spirits at least on the created human side of things.

For by ones spirit are they are who they are and unsaved unless that spirit is born again to reside in the Vehicle, (body) The spirit of man rules his flesh, and unsaved spirits don't rule to well.

God does not do confusing thing. He puts female spirits in female bodies and male in male bodies. There would be no reason to think we have to change our mindset when we go to be with the Lord. For Samuel God sent from the grave as the man Samuel. Abraham whom in the bosom of Hell was Abraham. (No it's not just a parable folks, hell is real.)

Jesus who has appeared to others is still male even after His new body that we shall be as He is.

My vote and it "Seems" right is God is a Male. The Holy Spirit? I have no conclusive evidence on either.

Michael.

Right, the Greek has a Male, Female and neuter noun. Female nouns just can't define their place without the Article or male noun.

Faith is a Female noun but can't tell us faith in what or how much faith. Apostasia is a Female noun but can't tell us what it departed from. So I understands. It sort of can get confusing when we try to understand Greek with English thinking. Apostasy means to depart from the truth, Apostasia being a female noun can't tell us that, but would need a Greek Verb like
Parapiptō Which is an actual action to deflect from what is true. (Apostatize)

That could be why I never came to any conclusion, but If you say the Holy Spirit is a He, then I can just take your word on that and not have to set aside time to figure it out on my own. This is why we have the body of Christ and I have others help to get things figured out.

Your the blessed.

Being born in a European country everything ends with either a male or female ending, ... the Holy Spirit in Italian is male, words ending with an 'a' are female and those ending with an 'o' are males, i can't think right now of any word that is gender neutral but i am sure there are... like you and Dumpster said wisdom, saggezza in Italian, and faith is female and it seems that all cultures and nations attribute this to women... :whistle:

Interesting considering is today is the feast day of St. Nicholas. He punched Arius in the face for his heresies of Arian gnostic teaching.

View attachment 797
Interesting considering is today is the feast day of St. Nicholas. He punched Arius in the face for his heresies of Arian gnostic teaching.

View attachment 797

St. Nicholas is very popular in Greek and Russian Orthodox, and i thank you Lysander for posting this as it makes a really nice reading of a very colorful story and it really makes me smile, here it is ... :

In AD 325 Emperor Constantine convened the Council of Nicaea, the very first ecumenical council. More than 300 bishops came from all over the Christian world to debate the nature of the Holy Trinity. It was one of the early church's most intense theological questions. Arius, from Egypt, was teaching that Jesus the Son was not equal to God the Father. Arius forcefully argued his position at length. The bishops listened respectfully.

As Arius vigorously continued, Nicholas became more and more agitated. Finally, he could no longer bear what he believed was essential being attacked. The outraged Nicholas got up, crossed the room, and slapped Arius across the face! The bishops were shocked. It was unbelievable that a bishop would lose control and be so hotheaded in such a solemn assembly. They brought Nicholas to Constantine. Constantine said even though it was illegal for anyone to strike another in his presence, in this case, the bishops themselves must determine the punishment.

The bishops stripped Nicholas of his bishop's garments, chained him, and threw him into jail. That would keep Nicholas away from the meeting. When the Council ended a final decision would be made about his future.

Nicholas was ashamed and prayed for forgiveness, though he did not waver in his belief. During the night, Jesus and Mary his Mother, appeared,* asking, "Why are you in jail?" "Because of my love for you," Nicholas replied. Jesus then gave the Book of the Gospels to Nicholas. Mary gave him an omophorion, so Nicholas would again be dressed as a bishop. Now at peace, Nicholas studied the Scriptures for the rest of the night.

When the jailer came in the morning, he found the chains loose on the floor and Nicholas dressed in bishop's robes, quietly reading the Scriptures. When Constantine was told of this, the emperor asked that Nicholas be freed. Nicholas was then fully reinstated as the Bishop of Myra.

The Council of Nicaea agreed with Nicholas' views, deciding the question against Arius. The work of the Council produced the Nicene Creed which to this day many Christians repeat weekly when they stand to say what they believe.

* Other versions of the story have Jesus and Mary with Nicholas appearing in a dream to Constantine or, even, to all the bishops. In the dream, they give the Book of the Gospels and an omophorion to Nicholas, convincing Constantine and the bishops that Nicholas should be reinstated as Bishop of Myra.

NicaeaNicholas01.jpg

I have always understood this as Jesus giving us a hint of genderless .. which would be a hard concept for carnal man to understand .
But Jesus answered and said to them, “You are mistaken, not understanding the Scriptures nor the power of God.
“For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.

While this is true in these scriptures about some genderless mention, Christ throughout His stay on the earth called His mother 'woman' as opposed to Mother... this is a direct mention of gender , though there may have been another reason why He called her 'woman' and not Mother but at any rate He chose to call her by her gender and not her title, who she was to Him ...

While this is true in these scriptures about some genderless mention, Christ throughout His stay on the earth called His mother 'woman' as opposed to Mother... this is a direct mention of gender , though there may have been another reason why He called her 'woman' and not Mother but at any rate He chose to call her by her gender and not her title, who she was to Him ...

That is interesting. Jesus did not view earthly things as having much significance. This is why he called Mary, Women. That is what she was to him, a Women.

My own son called me Biodad. He would remind me that I am not his Father. God was his Father, and I was just Biodad.

Jesus said this:

But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.
(Mat 12:48-50)

Here Jesus said, Behold my Mother. He did not say mothers, (if there were other women also standing around) but did acknowledge Mary as His mother but only because she did the will of his Father. Any elder Women that did the will of His father would also be considered his Mother.

That Makes Jesus our big brother.

At the end when John and Mary where there Jesus said.........Women, behold thy son. He was not speaking of himself because He said to John, Behold thy mother.

So in Jesus mind, everyone that served God were actually real family as opposed to flesh and blood ties.

It is written we have family in Heaven and in earth.

I like how you see the good in this scripture, and I am glad you are here Rosa.

It comes to my recollection how God and Jesus are referred to as Male, but wisdom in the scriptures is referred to as female. Have you ever noticed that?

Yes, my search for a church is not an easy one, because I seek a church that honors the Sabbath on Saturday, but I'm not a Jehovah witness. I consider myself a Sabbatarian. My next efforts will be to study Seventh Day Adventist, and their beliefs. Kind of a strange thing recently transpired in my life. I had gone a long while being alone, or with out a female companion. I had had several long term relationships in my past, all ending somewhat tragically. Probably in part because I wasn't adhering to the teaching of the bible.

Anyhow, to make a short story longer, I prayed to God that He would help me find a good, bible believing woman. That recently happened. (Thank you Almighty God, YHWH) This new lady in my life took me to dinner at some dear friends of hers and we shared a meal, and a great time.

As we sat down to the meal, the lady of the house asked me to say the blessing, and I gratefully reciprocated.

Later, as we were watching television, we came across a show that had evil undertones. The lady of the house spoke up, and asked, why does such evil transpire? I answered her and said, to distract people away from God.

After our visit, this lady that I share time with told me that her friend is a Seventh Day Adventist. Coincidence, I'm not sure yet. As I mentioned, my search and seeking ever continues.

I hope this wasn't too far off topic.

You are blessed for God works in many wonderful ways to bring us close to Him and He found you a wonderful companion... the way i think to find where you actually may be comfortable in a church is to attend various churches and see where you find yourself blessed by God ... for me the Sabbath is in our heart to do or not, i do the Sabbath just not the way the Jews do it, i attend mass on Saturday and i call that for Father and on Sunday for Christ ... the Seventh Day Adventists do the Sabbath like the Jews by not eating and not attending any function at all on Saturday (of course it begins on Friday night)... i attended a Baptist church and was one of hundreds in the place, for me it did not have the solemnity i was looking for, but would love to attend a Messianic Jewish service and experience it... i listen on the radio while traveling to many spiritual leaders like Chuck Swindoll, RC Spraul, Catholic priests, and also enjoy when i hear Martin Fromm, Messianic, who calls himself a director of Beth Yeshua whom i think has a natural grasp of the OT and such a love for our Lord Jesus the Christ... but i must say my church Pastor is amazing :love: and we are blessed to have him...

God will guide you where to glorify Him... trust in Jesus and let the Holy Spirit be the directional of the path toward your church...

hi dUmPsTeR ..
give me a chance to review your link ..
I see you are a student of ancient Greek .. as to sophia being a fem noun, there is no real significance in that .. as it is derived from the male verb sophos ..

the only difference is one showing action (male) the other inaction (fem) in the ancient Greek, the word caring the greater power is always given the male attribute (genitive case) ..

I haven't really looked into the Greek, but I did a great deal of first testament(Tanach) study via a teacher that is quite proficient with the original biblical languages. This teacher also studied Archeology and Egyptology which helped him bring out certain attributes from biblical times. I have studied a very small amount, biblical Hebrew, as I would like to be able to read the original scriptures written in this living language.

My question still stands, as I value your input, what are your thoughts and feelings about the Complete Jewish Bible translation? If you've had much time to check it out, I don't know. I've just considered getting a copy, but I am a man of very simple means. I only have a NKJ bible in print. I actually have very few possessions, some clothes, a few books, and that's about it. This isn't my PC I'm using, and I'd be living on the street or in the woods, if it wasn't for friends. And I'm okay with my lifestyle because I've had to shake the dust off my feet before.

There are about 33,000 denominations, but only 1 church founded by Christ. All claim to have the right interpretation of the Bible, all claim to be lead by the Holy Spirit.

What do you think is the first step in order to find the church founded by our Lord himself?

One that follows and teaches The Words(commandments) of God(YHWH), that observes the seven festivals, that is lead by the Holy Spirit, and doesn't put their own twist to the scriptures, and takes the scriptures to mean what they say.

I have read where some think the Holy Spirit is the Female side of God. You know comforter and such. So wisdom from the Holy Spirit might be considered a she. I personally don't care either way.

Mike.

I just thought it interesting. I wasn't intending to make anything more of it. And please know I mean this post in a friendly manner, and I appreciate your sharing here. Shalom Michael.

Yes, God is the God of the living, not the dead. And I've shared with others about the not being married after the resurrection.

One that follows and teaches The Words(commandments) of God(YHWH), that observes the seven festivals, that is lead by the Holy Spirit, and doesn't put their own twist to the scriptures, and takes the scriptures to mean what they say.

I agree. However, the majority of the 33,000 denominations, at least, claim these things. They claim to follow God's Word, believe in the holy trinity, observe the festivals, and the teachers of each given church claim it was the Holy Spirit that told them it was the right denomination.

Who determines proper translation of scripture if they all claim they have it via the Holy Spirit?

Dumpster... we can only talk about our own experiences in the churches we go to pray, sing songs and psalms, glorify God and feel one with our Lord Jesus... since you have studied the Tanach and want to do the Sabbath the way the Jews do, observe the seven festivals, you may find yourself comfortable in a Messianic church... look for one in your area and attend a few times not just one but a few and see how comfortable and at peace you are during service, if you feel God in one of them then this is the place for you... i would also suggest attending other churches and always ask the Holy Spirit to guide you where He wants you to be...

I agree. However, the majority of the 33,000 denominations, at least, claim these things. They claim to follow God's Word, believe in the holy trinity, observe the festivals, and the teachers of each given church claim it was the Holy Spirit that told them it was the right denomination.

Who determines proper translation of scripture if they all claim they have it via the Holy Spirit?

The Holy Spirit does. It's not about those that teach, its always been about those that recive. If I say something according to scriptures 1 of 3 things happen.

1) it seems right, you can't explain it but it just seems like it's right. (Holy Spirit bares witness)

2) It seems wrong, though the scripture used matches the teaching. (Our God is a consuming fire, that burns dross out of your life with painful situations) Makes sense naturally with the scriptures used but it just seems off. (Holy Spirit telling you it's not right)

3) Your so full of Bad/Good doctrine you don't hear it. Your mind is made up on how it's suppose to be. (Not a good position to be in but the position most are in) This person can't receive because they won't hear.

The last a most important thing about believing the right thing is what Jesus said. This determines if you will understand and know right doctrine. Just this one thing here.

If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

(Joh 7:17)

Anyone that has not centered their life to do only the will of God, will not have revealed to them right things by the Holy Spirit. Everything we do, we do with Jesus as Lord in mind. The job we take, the church we attend, where we live all must be by his direction, not our direction and choices. If Jesus is not Lord, but just known as Savior only, then you will have some confused doctrine that you believe to be true. You can tell who is Lord by your first thought of what to do with money when paid. Is God's things first? Or your things first?

Jesus said if you can't be faithful in unrighteous mammon then you don't qualify for true riches. With that is anointing, and understanding. Money is a great test on who is first.

Jesus said that, not me.

Good question. The reason why so many different "interpretations" exist is because as Michael points out, #1 men do not want to surrender their will to His will, and #2, they lean upon their own understanding ,Proverbs 3:5. In other words, they do not let scripture explain what scripture means when it comes to doctrine and prophecy. Scripture is the key that unlocks scripture. The sooner we put that in practice, the less confusion there would be.

Last edited:
Scripture is the key that unlocks scripture. The sooner we put that in practice, the less confusion there would be.

Line upon line. Your right, if only people would understand that no scripture is of private interpretation and you just can't understand scripture without comparing spiritual with spiritual.

Job 1:12 And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.

To the ignorant it looks like their Father in Heaven just commissioned the Murder of Children to a man that obeyed God.
Even in their ignorance, they also are self deceived because they say that God tested Job to see what Job was made of. They don't even call it murder the call it something else.

We don't cover up wrong, we don't call evil good. If God really did that, then we call it what it is. Evil!

It's one thing to be ignorant, but to cover it up and twist things not knowing good or bad? That takes it to a whole new level of being deceived.

So how do we not get deceived?

What Man-ofGod said................. line upon line, Comparing spiritual with spiritual. Scripture unlocks other scriptures.

I know my Father, He never gave squat to the devil, never agreed, never gave permission to the devil to get Job. In fact, God had zero to do with it.

How do we come to that conclusion? It's right there, God gave the devil permission to get Job........ How hard is that to understand?

Because there are more scriptures to compare besides taking one out of context and trying to understand it by itself. That is how.

Michael.

Good question. The reason why so many different "interpretations" exist is because as Michael points out, #1 men do not want to surrender their will to His will, and #2, they lean upon their own understanding ,Proverbs 3:5. In other words, they do not let scripture explain what scripture means when it comes to doctrine and prophecy. Scripture is the key that unlocks scripture. The sooner we put that in practice, the less confusion there would be.

I think you're right that for many people, they prefer to have scripture work toward their convenience. However, you said scripture is the key to unlock scripture. While scripture needs to be promoted, using it as the only source for reviewing Christianity in its purest form seems circular.

How about the role of the Church? 1 Timothy 3:15 expresses the idea that the Church is the pillar of truth. Couldn't the Church be the key to unlock scripture?

I think you're right that for many people, they prefer to have scripture work toward their convenience. However, you said scripture is the key to unlock scripture. While scripture needs to be promoted, using it as the only source for reviewing Christianity in its purest form seems circular.

How about the role of the Church? 1 Timothy 3:15 expresses the idea that the Church is the pillar of truth. Couldn't the Church be the key to unlock scripture?

Fair questions. Scripture as an only source is indeed circular because the Christian experience is circular. The scripture says "Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." Our creator is our redeemer and our savior. He is also the author and inspiration for scripture. With that said, while it is the only source it is not the only instrument. However, the instruments are all tested against scripture. You find in many places of inspiration that it is used as the " plum line" to test all other things, including doctrine.

In regards to 1. Tim 3:15, the church is indeed the pillar of truth to a sin sick world. Hence the OP on the remnant church. But then do we conclude that the church (that is the true church) is the final arbiter of scripture? No no, what we find instead is that the true church is the propagator of the truth which has already been declared in scripture. But the moment the church organization deviate from that truth in doctrine and/or in deed, you find in scripture that the light leaves that church and God raises up another movement for his purpose (See Rev 2, and 3), just like he did with the Jews during Jesus ministry (Matt 23:38).

Last edited:
I haven't really looked into the Greek, but I did a great deal of first testament(Tanach) study via a teacher that is quite proficient with the original biblical languages. This teacher also studied Archeology and Egyptology which helped him bring out certain attributes from biblical times. I have studied a very small amount, biblical Hebrew, as I would like to be able to read the original scriptures written in this living language.

My question still stands, as I value your input, what are your thoughts and feelings about the Complete Jewish Bible translation? If you've had much time to check it out, I don't know. I've just considered getting a copy, but I am a man of very simple means. I only have a NKJ bible in print. I actually have very few possessions, some clothes, a few books, and that's about it. This isn't my PC I'm using, and I'd be living on the street or in the woods, if it wasn't for friends. And I'm okay with my lifestyle because I've had to shake the dust off my feet before.

I have the same loves and an extensive database ..
the Mesoretic Texts (which most bibles use) was made in 850 ce and purposely muddied Messiah prophecies that were specific, as well as possible trinity scripture .. if you notice, OT quotes that are recorded in the NT are not precise .. the Septuagint is a much closer match with the NT's OT quotes .. as to English bible translations of scripture, I find the KJV the least accurate .. I live rather simple myself, and find that makes less in my life that I need to correct by doing so .. so sometimes there is a blessing when we can't even see it ..

may God bless you

BTW: I just wrote a piece on Egyptian chronology matching with biblical chronology inre Moses ..

Last edited:
Back