The Sin of Unbelief

If you will just look around today, I think that all of us will agree that we live in a day of unpresented "Tolerance". In the name of love we are encouraged to accept the actions of others as acceptable.

I am posting this in the hope that we all can understand that the problem with that kind of thinking is that we tend to tolerant the wrong things and actions.

When we look deeper into this conundrums, what becomes glaring truth is that it is the "ungodly" who is doing all of the crying for tolerance. The ungodly have left the morality of the Scriptures and their cry for tolerance is for more understanding of their immorality and their ungodliness.

Now then, the truth is still the truth no matter how much we cry against it. Absolutes are still absolutes no matter how much we hate them and one of those is that their is "one" sin that Jesus Christ never made an atonement for.

That is the Bible fact that the person who dies in their "unbelief" can and never will be saved. There is no atonement for the person who does not believe upon and accept the Lord Jesus Christ. If a person had been guilty of every other sin that can be thought of. if he had just believed upon Christ, all of those sins would be pardoned.
The only exception is "Unbelief".

John 3:18 says.............
"Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God."

The Bible clearly says, “He that believes not shall be damned.”

If you hear the good news in Jesus Christ and believe on Him, that is enough. If you perish, and are separated from God eternally in your quest for tolerance, it is only because you have refused to call upon the name of Jesus to be saved.

Acts 4:12.........
“There is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men, by which we must be saved”.

So then, please understand that there are only 3 views of salvation in the worldview today............
(1) Modern pagan man thinks he can save himself and he is his own savior by his own good works. This the view of pagans.
(2) There are people who believe Christ and man saves the man. “Jesus did His part, and I must do my part.” The religious cults teach this view of faith plus works in order to be saved. You must work together with Christ in order to be saved, but synergism will only send you to an eternal hell. This is the view of "Religionists".
(3) The Bible teaches salvation by grace through faith alone in Jesus Christ. Jesus died on the cross to save us, and when He said, “It is finished,” our salvation was completed by Christ.

Which one of those are you?????????

1 Peter 1:18-21............
“You were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold from your futile way of life inherited from your forefathers, but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ. For He was foreknown before the foundation of the world, but has appeared in these last days for the sake of you who through Him are the believers in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God”.

Yes, we are saved by the grace of God alone, through faith alone in Christ alone, for His glory alone. God’s grace is liberating!

Hi Major;

Amen. Only God can save us from the most profound thing we should fear, eternal condemnation. Our focus should be on Jesus, whom God offered as the way to turn around, from unbelief to belief, from sin to repentive obedience, to eternal relationship with Himself.

Thank you for sharing your thread. It blessed me.

God bless you and your family.

Hi Major;

Amen. Only God can save us from the most profound thing we should fear, eternal condemnation. Our focus should be on Jesus, whom God offered as the way to turn around, from unbelief to belief, from sin to repentive obedience, to eternal relationship with Himself.

Thank you for sharing your thread. It blessed me.

God bless you and your family.

That is wonderful news and thank you for the comment!

I work with a guy who is an unbeliever, and he's a real hard case because he cries for tolerance of his gay lifestyle, but if I share about Jesus he will subtly accuse people of trying to convert him or 'push beliefs'.
His answer for everything is 'everyone is entitled to their own opinion' and 'everyone is different'. He gets annoyed if anyone tries to tell him he's wrong about any issue.

One time us workers were talking about marriage and weddings, just in general. He offered his view that 'marriage was just a piece of paper' and oh 'you can always get divorced if it doesnt work'. Now, possibly because his parents never married and he was illegitemate he thinks that way, but its still wrong. Even if you say dont say its wrong, he will get annoyed and say 'well thats just your opinion' because he does not believe. He thinks that a belief is 'an opinion'. One time I turned the tables and said 'well thats just your opinion' back to him and he didnt like that!

The ironic thing is, that he does respect christians as long as he himself never has to repent and believe. Everyone else I work with seems to have at least a measure of faith, they believe in something greater than themselves at work, that there is right and there is wrong. But the unbeliever is someone who is amoral. If they do believe in anything its in their own opinions, and they arent shy about having them.

If someone knows something is wrong, but still does continues by justifying by tolerating it and claiming 'everyone is different' what can you say? Its like trying to tell an alcholic or drunk person that its wrong to be drunk. What they do is lie to your face nothing is wrong with them and then go and have another drink. When they are hungover and wasted it does not occur to them its harming themelves, or anyone else.

I work with a guy who is an unbeliever, and he's a real hard case because he cries for tolerance of his gay lifestyle, but if I share about Jesus he will subtly accuse people of trying to convert him or 'push beliefs'.
His answer for everything is 'everyone is entitled to their own opinion' and 'everyone is different'. He gets annoyed if anyone tries to tell him he's wrong about any issue.

One time us workers were talking about marriage and weddings, just in general. He offered his view that 'marriage was just a piece of paper' and oh 'you can always get divorced if it doesnt work'. Now, possibly because his parents never married and he was illegitemate he thinks that way, but its still wrong. Even if you say dont say its wrong, he will get annoyed and say 'well thats just your opinion' because he does not believe. He thinks that a belief is 'an opinion'. One time I turned the tables and said 'well thats just your opinion' back to him and he didnt like that!

The ironic thing is, that he does respect christians as long as he himself never has to repent and believe. Everyone else I work with seems to have at least a measure of faith, they believe in something greater than themselves at work, that there is right and there is wrong. But the unbeliever is someone who is amoral. If they do believe in anything its in their own opinions, and they arent shy about having them.

If someone knows something is wrong, but still does continues by justifying by tolerating it and claiming 'everyone is different' what can you say? Its like trying to tell an alcholic or drunk person that its wrong to be drunk. What they do is lie to your face nothing is wrong with them and then go and have another drink. When they are hungover and wasted it does not occur to them its harming themelves, or anyone else.

IMO, the reason why ….."His answer for everything is 'everyone is entitled to their own opinion' and 'everyone is different'. He gets annoyed if anyone tries to tell him he's wrong about any issue" is because he is lost and he knows it.

You represent God in his mind and because he knows he is lost and you are standing in front of him he then takes out his frustration in God out on you.

That does not mean that you stop giving out the gospel but I would recommend having an answer ready for his comments to you.

1 Peter 3:15...........
"But in your hearts revere Christ as LORD. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect".

Now, the question is, will this make my co-worker and or friends upset or angry? Well Of course it will!!! But that should not be a factor because God has commanded us to stand up against evil and iniquity.

Ephesians 6:12-13...……….
" For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. "

We either believe that or we do not!

Last edited:
Is it brother Major or major Brother (I'm confused)!

Copied out of one of my tracts ...

We’re talking about obedience to Jesus’ teachings and commands!
Continuing obedience is what “being faithful” means!
Paul wrote Ephesians and Colossians ONLY to "the faithful".

“And to whom was God speaking when he took an oath that they would never enter His rest?
Wasn’t it the people who disobeyed him?
So we see that because of their unbelief they were not able to enter his rest …
so we ought to tremble with fear that some of you might fail to experience it …
IF we disobey God … we will fall.” (Hebrews 3:18 - 4:11)

Disobedience proves Unbelief --- Unbelief causes Disobedience

“… only we who believe can enter His rest …
but those who first heard this good news failed to enter
because they disobeyed God.” (Hebrews 4:3, 7)

Disobedience proves Unbelief --- Unbelief causes Disobedience

Unbelief is the one thing He can not do anything with.....it's unbelief.

Many Christians claim they believe and hoot and holler and shout Praise the Lord in Church but then when the pressures of the enemy flood in they crumble quickly.

Missing Endurance or Steadfastness from within their Faith in the end produces the fruit of unbelief and they struggle.
You might even say it brings forth the unbelief of God's word from deep within their hearts.

I truly Believe there is two different rest available unto us.
1. When we purposely within or busy rushed lives sit down and open up His Word and forget about everything else.

2. Then there is the rest that Isaiah talks about......
You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!

Key is trust and Fixed.
You have no cares because you know He is
All Knowing
All Loving
All Merciful
All Powerful
This is when you know that you know every part of your life is covered by Him.
That Perfect Peace is Like Rest most never know.
Blessings
FCJ

I truly Believe there is two different rest available unto us.
1. When we purposely within or busy rushed lives sit down and open up His Word and forget about everything else.
2. Then there is the rest that Isaiah talks about......
You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!
In the NT, there are several verses which say that the BAC will be given God's PEACE.
No mention if he is a faithful BAC, or an obedient BAC, etc. !!!

Yes, pretty sure ... I have 3 from the NT.
Do you have time to prove me wrong -- with Scripture?
No I don't have time to prove you wrong BUT I will post scripture to show what I am talking about. :)

In the NT, there are several verses which say that the BAC will be given God's PEACE.
No mention if he is a faithful BAC, or an obedient BAC, etc. !!!/QUOTE]

But Before I do, let me ask you this.

Jesus said He leaves us with His Peace.
Is there any where in the NT that speaks about things like being a doer of The Word?
About patience and endurance?

If you believe one can do what one wants and still have the peace of God then you might want to rethink that.

I can post more later.

No I don't have time to prove you wrong BUT I will post scripture to show what I am talking about. :)
Yes, you said ...
Jesus said He leaves us with His Peace.
Is there any where in the NT that speaks about things like being a doer of The Word?
About patience and endurance?
If you believe one can do what one wants and still have the peace of God then you might want to rethink that.

I just meant that the particular verses about BACs being given PEACE don't mention any conditions.
Not that it's important, you're correct.

I just meant that the particular verses about BACs being given PEACE don't mention any conditions.
Not that it's important, you're correct.
It's our Responsibility to Protect and Dwell in that peace.

Condition to obtain His Peace.
Become Born Again.

Condition to keep this peace.
Walk in His Ways
Choose to walk in this peace.
Choose to fight to keep this peace.

The new testament is full of conditions or instructions in keeping this peace.

Yes, you are so correct.
Actually, the whole Bible is full of conditions ... the "IF" statements.
But, the church prefers to ignore them.
Do I get a slap on the wrist for saying that also?

Brother I am starting to think you just like stirring up strife.

Please refrain from two things.
One clipping a partial statement and then using it as something that was not said.
Such as you did above.
The new testament is full of conditions or instructions in keeping this peace.

Second stop with these childish comments such as the one here.

love this post Major, we definitely need to find bright ways to deal tolerance, his blood alone, we can't forgot the message of his purifying blood...without it, people remain unpurified, we can't be tolerant about this

love this post Major, we definitely need to find bright ways to deal tolerance, his blood alone, we can't forgot the message of his purifying blood...without it, people remain unpurified, we can't be tolerant about this
Hmm today I was talking to a different workmate and she said Jesus out loud when she made a mistake, as you do when you nearly hurt yourself. And I said Jesus can save you. you didnt say 'allah' you said Jesus! The. She tried to say isnt that the same thing? And I go no. Then she said oh thats just your opinion. I said no thats not my opinion Im just saying the truth.

She was very quiet but then kind of got very defensive and said are you trying to convert me?

Well actually she said Jesus name so she must in some tiny small way believe that He has power. She could say any name under the sun but nobody can save anyone except Jesus our Lord and Saviour. Is this a good sign well at least she knows His name!

God reservoir? Huh?

Um am aware of why people say His name. But, she doesnt say any other name. Just asking her why she chooses Jesus and not anyone elses name. Whats so special about Jesus. Why not cuss with buddhas name?

Back