The Testing Of Spirits

That's actually a better example then mine. The guy clearly did not have faith because he said "I can't"
I think Jesus's healing ministry is slightly different from healing we talk today.. Healings were part of "signs" and "wonders". When we sign, they have to point to something. They pointed to the fact that Jesus was Messiah. Today healings are part of building up Church and Jesus bringing comfort to His children. And I certainly believe He gives healing gift for certain people. But it is not something the person names it and claims it.

I also used to wonder about this gifts.. Let's take this example.. Jesus gives Where a Ferrari and asks Where to give it to Ravi.. This is a gift from Jesus.. Where gets it from Jesus and cannot use it for his purpose.. And Where passes it to Ravi.. Who has actually received the gift and to whom the gift is actually for? Same way, when a person is healed through another person, from Jesus, who really has the gift?

Great question! I think that is not the only instance. There have been other instances where Jesus healed without the person requested.. Another passage for deeper study

John 5
1 Afterward Jesus returned to Jerusalem for one of the Jewish holy days.2 Inside the city, near the Sheep Gate, was the pool of Bethesda, with five covered porches. 3 Crowds of sick people—blind, lame, or paralyzed—lay on the porches. 5 One of the men lying there had been sick for thirty-eight years. 6 When Jesus saw him and knew he had been ill for a long time, he asked him, “Would you like to get well?” 7 “I can’t, sir,” the sick man said, “for I have no one to put me into the pool when the water bubbles up. Someone else always gets there ahead of me.” 8 Jesus told him, “Stand up, pick up your mat, and walk!” 9 Instantly, the man was healed!

Interestingly, the pool has "crowds of sick people". We are not talking about a few.. Crowds.. Jesus is actually reaching out to a person. The person did not reach out to Jesus or asked for healing..

Faith is an instrument Jesus uses for healing.. However, it is important to remember that Jesus is not forced to give healing when a person is in faith.. Everything MUST happen in accordance with his will.. Not ours..

Good one!

Making promises in God's name to get "seeds"/ money from the ill and poor is not God's work nor is it scriptural. Why do you think Christ overturned the money changers tables? If you can't see the widespread errors coming from this you have to be purposefully blind.

So, you are trying to convince me that that Jesus, Son of the Eternal God, through whom all things were made, who raises the dead, who walks on water and calms the storms, has to have the good will of the crowd to do what He pleases?

I don't think so.

No, He doesn't need our good will---whatever that is!

But we have the power to hinder God and to stop Him from working! You either believe God and he is free to operate in your life, or you disbelieve Him and He isn’t.

It is the same with salvation. Either one places His faith in Jesus for salvation and he is saved, or he doesn't and remains in his sins.

No, He doesn't need our good will---whatever that is!

But we have the power to hinder God and to stop Him from working! You either believe God and he is free to operate in your life, or you disbelieve Him and He isn’t.

It is the same with salvation. Either one places His faith in Jesus for salvation and he is saved, or he doesn't and remains in his sins.

You can't believe an all powerful God can't operate in your life even if you don't believe in Him. He will not "force" anyone to believe but we don't have any power whatsoever to "hinder" God.

You can't believe an all powerful God can't operate in your life even if you don't believe in Him. He will not "force" anyone to believe but we don't have any power whatsoever to "hinder" God.

God is indeed omnipotent, but He has created man with a sovereign will and He won't violate that. We can hinder our relationship to God. We can hinder our prayers God. We can hinder Holy Spirit working in and through us.

I agree with most of your last post - I don't know what you mean by "sovereign will" and I don't want to sidetrack to free will but you have one choice only - accept God's grace (Christ) or reject it. God is in control and sovereign over everything else.

I agree with most of your last post - I don't know what you mean by "sovereign will" and I don't want to sidetrack to free will but you have one choice only - accept God's grace (Christ) or reject it. God is in control and sovereign over everything else.

Accepting God's grace doesn't mean that at some point in one's life one cannot hinder God.

Again (shaking head) if you mean we can sin after we accept Christ - then I am 100% in agreement. But no human being can hinder God.

That is simply not true. We can hinder God's working in our lives and His response to our prayers---in many ways.

We hinder ourselves - NOT GOD.

Sure we hinder ourselves because we stop the hand of God. Let's not gt all semantic over this. For one, plain old disobedience hinders Him blessing us, and hinders our spiritual growth. We don't grow past the point where disobedience steps in.

Speak you silent readers. The day I stop or surprise God is the day I become an unbeliever. I know, personally, that God loves us all and He mourns our rejection of Him. But to imply we have power over Him is just false. And a perfect example of how errors, in the best of us, can grow. It is hard to understand how He can love us and at the same time, condemn us. But it is we that pass judgements on ourselves and there are times when I think it is just totally unfair. I used to think that, when I became a union leader, over 17,500 + people, that if I could just find a way, to tell them what was in their best interest, they would see. But the truth is - they don't. It is left to the few who see, to protect those that don't. If you believe that only faith can bring you wealth, health, and safety in this physical world, than you don't believe in the Word . It says that God is not about that. If you believe your faith is full and then get an illness, or lose all your money - you will find your faith in desperate trouble if you believe that God is here for the giving of fleshly desires or your needs control God. He loves you - wants your return, will mourn if you don't - But you are fooling yourself if you think God needs any of us.

Look this comes down to a simple question, is the Holy Spirit the same Holy Spirit as is recording in the scriptures and are the scriptures to be believed as they are written? If some don't want to believe, who really cares? (tired of trying to convince the mockers) I will walk in the power and blessings of God, because I do believe and have received the SAME Holy Spirit that fell upon the apostles and first believers. This is the faith "first" delivered to the saints!

Speak you silent readers. The day I stop or surprise God is the day I become an unbeliever. I know, personally, that God loves us all and He mourns our rejection of Him. But to imply we have power over Him is just false. And a perfect example of how errors, in the best of us, can grow. It is hard to understand how He can love us and at the same time, condemn us. But it is we that pass judgements on ourselves and there are times when I think it is just totally unfair. I used to think that, when I became a union leader, over 17,500 + people, that if I could just find a way, to tell them what was in their best interest, they would see. But the truth is - they don't. It is left to the few who see, to protect those that don't. If you believe that only faith can bring you wealth, health, and safety in this physical world, than you don't believe in the Word . It says that God is not about that. If you believe your faith is full and then get an illness, or lose all your money - you will find your faith in desperate trouble if you believe that God is here for the giving of fleshly desires or your needs control God. He loves you - wants your return, will mourn if you don't - But you are fooling yourself if you think God needs any of us.

You are taking a truth that has been offered here and running way off with it. Who said anything about taking God by surprise? Foolishness.

Agree. In my humble opinion, to say one could hinder the will of God, is also like saying God is not all powerful, and all knowing.

That is not the truth, either.

Disobedience and deception hinders God's blessing on one's life. God can't work in the life of one who harbours false beliefs and spiritual laziness, pride and lack of love. Plus, there are many heart attitudes that hinder our prayers.

1. God is omnipotent (all powerful).
    (Genesis 18:14; Luke 18:27; Revelation 19:6)

2. God is omniscient (all knowing).
    (Psalm 139:2-6; Isaiah 40:13-14)

I never dispute that truth, yet you don't seem to understand that God respects His Creation and the way he designed us with our own sovereign will that he will not violate.

Back