The Word came from heaven to free people from sin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Osteloh raises an important point Jesus frees us from sin. We can choose not to sin. When we are following Jesus, we dont sin why because He is sinless. He would not even be thinking any sinful thoughts. If we have the mind of Christ, it will be purified and only be mindful of our loving Father.

Praise the Lord!

Osteloh raises an important point Jesus frees us from sin. We can choose not to sin. When we are following Jesus, we dont sin why because He is sinless. He would not even be thinking any sinful thoughts. If we have the mind of Christ, it will be purified and only be mindful of our loving Father.

Praise the Lord!
Lanolin,
Even with the mind of Christ we will still have wrong thoughts come .

It's only through the mind of Christ that we can even catch, stop and cast down these thoughts.

The devil via demons are constantly putting thoughts in your head. Your meaning everyone. No one is immune to them.

I. Hope you can understand this.
Blessings

Osterloh said:
This is NOT about Jesus dying on the cross … and presto, all believers’ sins are forgiven!
No, this is all about …
● Jesus FREEING BACs from the bondage of sin
● The fact that BACs no longer HAVE to sin
● The fact that BACs are now FREE to NOT sin
●●● If BACs do sin, it is because they have CHOSEN to sin (with our God-given free will)

Hello Osterloh;

My name is Bob and have been away from Christian Forum Site for a few weeks. As things are calming down outside I am able to spend a little more quality time inside with my brothers and sisters here at CFS.

First, thank you for contributing this thread, The Word Came From Heaven To Free People From Sin

I read the posts that follow your thread and everyone is on the same page. No doubt all of us here in this thread are believers of Christ, thats not the issue. It is the wording and sentence structure used that stimulates conversation including differing views or disagreements on this topic. This is not a bad thing but a blessing for building up.

This is what we call fellowship and when we as believers engage in fellowship, we develop discipline. Jesus taught His disciples that discipline, fellowship with one another and especially to the UNREACHED go hand in hand.

When Jesus freed us from the bondage of sin - I personally get on my knees every moment, day and evening and thank my Lord and Savior for this great gift! This is my story that I can witness to others.

The fact that we no longer HAVE to sin - I am liberated from that bondage because throughout my life I had to sin to bring instant gratification to my flesh and peace of mind. This is my confession daily.

IMPORTANT POINT The fact that WE are now FREE to NOT sin - Any fellowship that TALKS JESUS such as the brothers and sisters posting this thread, is a win win for these reasons;
We want to mature, to be more and follow Christ and in discussions such as your thread, this is the beginning to spiritual growth. We need to be patient as Jesus takes us through because instant Spiritual maturity is not going to happen today. It takes time. Point is the more we connect with other Christ believers to love, pray, share and discuss the Word.

In my walk with Jesus I need these points, others to hold me accountable, to sharpen my iron and disuade me going in the other direction of sin. This is our battle and the wonderful thing is, JESUS WINS, and we are led to forgiveness, redemption and restoration.

When we sin, it is because we have CHOSEN to sin (with our God-given free will) - Since the Fall, we are all sinners because we are broken. Today I may curse under my breath, I may let down the guard of my tongue toward another, see a beautiful woman at the store, covet and envy how great another church is doing and compare to the challenges of our church where I serve, on and on and on. You get the picture.

Whether BAC (Born again Christian), I am familiar with this word abbreviation from visiting the church up in Vancouver, B.C. and heard this used guite a bit. I get it. Down here in my community I use The Body of Christ and The Army of God. Which ever abbreviation, we all are broken believers and fall short of His glory. Praise Him, He has also given us the free will to get on our knees and confess alone to Father God or to others.

Let this thread continue with prayer first before we post. This topic has a wide range which is an opportunity to discover more of what Jesus is teaching us, therefore, it's important to use scriptures prior and after to connect us to the passage we are using to get at what the Truth is saying, wholly, not partially.

Criticism and corrections should not be the verb of this thread, instead, let the goal of what we are sharing bring us closer in growth and knowledge in Christ, but more important let this thread bring out the fruit of each brother and sister that will enable us to have any discussion bringing glory to our God.

Again, Osterloh, thank you for sharing. May God bless you and your family.

Agreed!

I would only add that we sin because we are all sinners and sin is what sinners do by nature.

We all have the sin nature and we will always have it until we take our last breath.

Many people believe and teach that we lose our sin nature when we are saved. That is more pie in the sky than Biblical truth IMO.
We don’t lose our sin nature once we receive Christ. The Bible says that sin remains in us and that a struggle with that old nature will continue as long as we are in this world. Paul bemoaned his own personal struggle in Romans 7:15-25.

Charles Spurgeon said...…………..
“As the salt flavors every drop in the Atlantic, so does sin affect every atom of our nature. It is so sadly there, so abundantly there, that if you cannot detect it, you are deceived.”

Praise the Lord!

However, Jesus did not have a sin nature and therefore unable to sin. We on the other hand have a sin nature, and we do.

After Paul was saved he came to the conclusion of Romans 7:15-18...…………..
"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature."

Praise the Lord!

We can choose not to commit a certain sin, today. But that doesn’t mean we can stop being sinners.

In Matt. 5:21-30 Jesus gave examples of this. Because we don’t go around killing people, we can think of ourselves as keeping the commandment against murder. But are we ever angry? If so we’ve broken the commandment.

And we can restrain ourselves from committing adultery, but do we ever look at someone and experience a moment of lust? Again, we’re guilty of breaking the commandment. He could also have said that while we don’t steal our neighbor’s possessions, we sometimes envy him for having some of them. And on it goes.

Our honest answers to these questions show that we have a sin nature, that is if we allow ourselves to express our true intentions, they will always be toward evil not good. And as the Lord explained, it’s our intentions that condemn us.

Because the name of Jesus is powerful. Even unbelievers can use the name of Jesus. i heard my workmate use His name today, she said Jesus! When she did something wrong. And she doesnt even believe!

Then she used the name of God in VAIN which beaks the law of God and is sin.

Anytime the name of God/Jesus is used in anything other that praise it is using His name in Vain!

We can choose not to commit a certain sin, today. But that doesn’t mean we can stop being sinners.

In Matt. 5:21-30 Jesus gave examples of this. Because we don’t go around killing people, we can think of ourselves as keeping the commandment against murder. But are we ever angry? If so we’ve broken the commandment.

And we can restrain ourselves from committing adultery, but do we ever look at someone and experience a moment of lust? Again, we’re guilty of breaking the commandment. He could also have said that while we don’t steal our neighbor’s possessions, we sometimes envy him for having some of them. And on it goes.

Our honest answers to these questions show that we have a sin nature, that is if we allow ourselves to express our true intentions, they will always be toward evil not good. And as the Lord explained, it’s our intentions that condemn us.
You need to confess your sins and repent of them Major. If you have these bad intentions your mind isnt pure and you dont have the mind of Christ. Be honest but not only be honest in confessing it and repent of it! You can be free of those sinful thoughts. JEsus came to set us free!

However, Jesus did not have a sin nature and therefore unable to sin. We on the other hand have a sin nature, and we do.

After Paul was saved he came to the conclusion of Romans 7:15-18...…………..
"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature."
You need to read further down cos its all good news WHO can set us free.

And keep reading the next chapter too because verse 8 says
For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh, but they that are after the spirit the things of the Spirit.

And keep going until you read all of romans chapter 8!

Then she used the name of God in VAIN which beaks the law of God and is sin.

Anytime the name of God/Jesus is used in anything other that praise it is using His name in Vain!
At least she knows his name is all Im saying. Not meaning that its right, just that if she understood what she was saying then she would call on His name for help. Because He will answer if she does this.

Major sorry to hear you believe Jesus cant stop you from sinning.
Have you ever asked Him to deal with your anger? Or coveting? Or lustful thoughts? Put them to the cross! Ask Him for a sound mind.

Have you ever asked Him to deal with your anger? Or coveting? Or lustful thoughts? Put them to the cross! Ask Him for a sound mind.

1st of all, why do you think that I am angry?
2nd, why do you think that I am coveting anything or anyone?
3rd, why do you think that I am lusting after anyone?

Don't you think that is very ---very presumptuous of you and quite judgmental?????

It is acceptable to debate anything Biblical with me my daer but using the judgmental and provocative attitude you have just used in NOT acceptable.

Now for reality......….My dear sweet lady, Jesus Forgives us of our sin, all of our sin when we come to Him in repentance...…..However, there is no such thing as a human being never sinning again after they are saved.

When Paul wrote Romans 3:23 he was an apostle and he admitted and included himself by saying...……..
"ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God".

1 Tim. 1:15...………...
"It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost of all. "

So allow me ask you with all due respect, “ what do you call the bad things you do?”

Instead of SIN do you use the names like: mistakes and flaws and shortcomings and imperfections???????

As human beings we are bound under Adam’s nature in this world. No matter how hard we try not to, we will still sin against God. This holds true for everyone. The apostle Paul rebuked Peter for showing favoritism. Late in his ministry, Paul calls himself the chief of sinners Peter, James, John, and Paul all admitted that they were imperfect. How could you or I claim anything different?

I realize that some denominations teach such a thing but Biblically it is not possible neither is it in reality possible.

Just to emphasize that fact, the idea that you would consider me angry, covetous and lusting in my heart is sin on your part.

Last edited:
At least she knows his name is all Im saying. Not meaning that its right, just that if she understood what she was saying then she would call on His name for help. Because He will answer if she does this.

Even the demons know the name of Jesus.

My dear friend……………….where did I say that I was angry, or lustful or coveteouse?

IF you had read the post you would have seen that what I said were examples...………..

"In Matt. 5:21-30 Jesus gave examples of this. Because we don’t go around killing people, we can think of ourselves as keeping the commandment against murder. But are we ever angry? If so we’ve broken the commandment.

Our honest answers to these questions show that we have a sin nature, that is if we allow ourselves to express our true intentions, they will always be toward evil not good. And as the Lord explained, it’s our intentions that condemn us."

So allow me ask you with all due respect, “ what do you call the bad things you do?”

Instead of SIN do you use the names like: mistakes and flaws and shortcomings and imperfections???????

That's it isn't it !
Believers tend to judge others by their actions according to how they themselves think and yet judge themselves by their good attentions all the while excusing their own actions under some innocent sounding reasonings.

Good Point Brother!!
Blessings

That's it isn't it !
Believers tend to judge others by their actions according to how they themselves think and yet judge themselves by their good attentions all the while excusing their own actions under some innocent sounding reasonings.

Good Point Brother!!
Blessings

YES!

From my experience in life, I believe that is exactly what happens.

It is the same old story...….."every child in my sons school curses, except mine, he is a really good boy."

1 JOHN 3 (NKJV)
1 Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God!
Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him.
2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be,
but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.
3 And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.
4 Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness.
5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin.
6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.
7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous.
8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning.
For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.
9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him;
and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.
10 In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest:
whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God
, nor is he who does not love his brother.
11 For this is the message that you heard from the beginning, that we should love one another,
12 not as Cain who was of the wicked one and murdered his brother.
And why did he murder him? Because his works were evil and his brother’s righteous.
13 Do not marvel, my brethren, if the world hates you.
14 We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren.
He who does not love his brother abides in death.
15 Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.
16 By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us.
And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
17 But whoever has this world’s goods, and sees his brother in need,
and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him?
18 My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth.
19 And by this we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before Him.
20 For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things.
21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God.
22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments
and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.
23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ
and love one another, as He gave us commandment.
24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him.
And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

Should I do chapters 1, 2, 4, 5 also?

I like verse 24 ... it reminds me of John 14 where Jesus said (paraphrasing):
"Those who love me obey My commandments."
So, I have to ask: Who gets into heaven without loving Jesus?
and ... Who gets into heaven without obey Jesus' commandments?
I would recommend a study of Romans 7 to help with understanding 1 John.

Greetings Friends,

Throughout this entire thread it seems there is basically a set pattern that is being focused on. Back and Forth we the members go.

Let's pause and take moment and look at this thread title again.

The Word came from heaven to free people from sin!

So is it possible that there is even a greater side to this or rather greater message we should be focused on?

Friends in this hour of time we should be more concerned with getting this out to All those who are still held captive by their sins and have not truly understood the importance of this.

The hour has come and the days are short.
We need to Free Believers up and walking in the Light so that This truth can be made Clearly Known to all those who are still perishing without the Hope of Christ!!

Have a very joyfully blessed Thanksgiving!
Blessings
FCJ

Ok let's start off by looking at this passage in another translation...

Boys (lads), let no one deceive and lead you astray. He who practices righteousness [who is upright, conforming to the divine will in purpose, thought, and action, living a consistently conscientious life] is righteous, even as He is righteous. [But] he who commits sin [who practices evildoing] is of the devil [takes his character from the evil one], for the devil has sinned (violated the divine law) from the beginning. The reason the Son of God was made manifest (visible) was to undo (destroy, loosen, and dissolve) the works the devil [has done]. No one born (begotten) of God [deliberately, knowingly, and habitually] practices sin, for God's nature abides in him [His principle of life, the divine sperm, remains permanently within him]; and he cannot practice sinning because he is born (begotten) of God. By this it is made clear who take their nature from God and are His children and who take their nature from the devil and are his children: no one who does not practice righteousness [who does not conform to God's will in purpose, thought, and action] is of God; neither is anyone who does not love his brother (his fellow believer in Christ).
1 John 3:7‭-‬10 AMPC

In my studies and from asking The Holy Spirit a lot about this passage (whole book really) and chapter 1... I believe the Holy Spirit showed me that the difference between the two is believer vs non believer. One that is truly saved vs.. one just playing church. Also I believe that these passages and the whole book speak to the condition or attitude of the heart.

The believer or Christ follower has the Holy Spirit in them and if they truly know or even grasp how much they're loved by the Father ... Along with Him dwelling in them and working from the inside out... Will not go out and sin habitually on purpose without any guilt or remorse. They are going to do everything in their power to resist sin

Yes they may fall down and miss the mark but their heart is genuine before the Lord. Yet their flesh has not been trained to submit yet. Which is why we must not judge another person on what they know or don't know based upon what we know (have revelation knowledge on) or don't know. We may have more light than someone else and that other person is not judged based upon the understanding or light that they don't have yet. God only judges them based upon what they understand to be wrong. And even then if they have not understood how to get the flesh to submit... They will have grace from the Father, if they're truly seeking help to change, and even if they're not... The Holy Spirit is still there beckoning. Changes in God's kingdom and ways is always from the inside out... So again we may not see it on the outside.
Another thing to recognize is that we also have an enemy who is the accuser of the brethren. And if he can get this person to grab ahold of condemnation, they also will have a difficult time changing. Why? Because the devil has convinced them that they either have no power and that he (or the sin) is stronger or that God is mad at them and there is no hope ... Basically there is no cure or no way of escape. And we know from 1 Corinthians 10:13 that God always provides away out.
This is well said Cturtle.
Many people seem to think they have no way of overcoming sin. This is wrong, we have Jesus.
Ok an example that Major gives looking at woman with lust well if you do this and you KNOW this is wrong you can stop! How because Jesus gives you the ability to treat women as your sisters in Christ and not as objects of lust. He gives you a new heart!
Coming at for a sisters point of view we know when people are looking at us in lust because we feel absolutely violated and degraded! Their heart is not genuine! They may make flattering speeches and compliment us on our looks but we can tell if its just a way to get under our skirts! Nobody likes to feel that way and be made to feel like we are objects of perversion to be used and abused for a mans own pleasure because of the way God created our bodies. Our bodies are temples of the holy spirit are for His glory and are precious to Him.

Crikey, everyone seems to be getting very cross in this thread. I would like to add my 'ten pence worth'.

Yes we are free'd from previous sin. This is a good thing for me personally, as I am now enabled to move forward with my life into a good and Godly place. However, we are human beings, AND we continue to sin, often. But what we can do, is, stop, think about the sinful thing we did or said, ask forgiveness, and try very very hard not to do the same thing again. Or make some sort of reparation for what we have done.

And, ladies, if some guy makes a comment on the way you look, the best way to deal with that is to put him in his place with a quick comeback! It's not the end of the world if a bloke wolf-whistles. Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back