The Worlds Greatest Problems

Sep 7, 2019
North Carolina
Its not so much spiritual decline, for many person's are indeed "spiritual" outside of the Christian faith. It is the decline of Godly fear, and consequence for one's actions leading to the repentance of sin. I remember as a child having fear which kept me not only safe, but well behaved. I was taught to repent and ask Jesus Christ for forgiveness. I was taught to feel guilt, and God is watching me. Most children in this technological age have little fear, nor comprehend there is a consequence for their actions. Personal accountability is another problem today.

Reactions: Major
Sep 3, 2009
Florida
To me the biggest problem is spiritual decline.

I would agree.

May I post a Scripture that just might fit the conversation.

2 Thessalonians 2:1-6 ........
"Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our LORD Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, 2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. 3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. 5Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? 6And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time."

According to the Scriptures, before Jesus comes again there must be a "FALLING AWAY/APOSTASY". Then the church will be removed and Then the A/C will be revealed.

When we look around today at all the chaos, all the anger and rebellion against the Word of God, and against authority we come to the conclusion that the world in general is "falling away" from God.

Reactions: thenami
Dec 19, 2014
New Zealand
www.literatelibrarian.com
Its not so much spiritual decline, for many person's are indeed "spiritual" outside of the Christian faith. It is the decline of Godly fear, and consequence for one's actions leading to the repentance of sin. I remember as a child having fear which kept me not only safe, but well behaved. I was taught to repent and ask Jesus Christ for forgiveness. I was taught to feel guilt, and God is watching me. Most children in this technological age have little fear, nor comprehend there is a consequence for their actions. Personal accountability is another problem today.
lucky you but people forget that in all ages from the very beginning in the garden Satan has tempted people so you can't say it's only a problem for today. And also not everyone goes to a school or has a teacher that teaches these things. This is why Paul warned about FALSE teachers who are wolves.

Dec 19, 2014
New Zealand
Adam did fear God but he still ate the forbidden fruit. He was guilty. Thats why he hid and lied about his actions.
There was a consequence, he did die. He was banished from the garden.

Eve can't be said to have had little fear but she was deceived (or beguiled) and it is said in the Bible that people perish for lack of knowledge. The very knowledge Eve craved was not the sort of knowledge God wanted her to have though (as there were two trees in the garden)

So I would say deception as Major has pointed out in scripture is a huge problem for the world today. People don't know the truth or understand it. They are easily led astray. Paul writes 'remember I told you these things' and here's another problem, people forget.

Dec 19, 2014
New Zealand
World's Worst...children, teachers and parents is a book series by David Walliams, which is hugely popular with young readers.

But not heard of any book yet titled 'World's Greatest Problems'. Could be a maths book. Maybe Guinness could publish it.

Dec 19, 2014
New Zealand
Problem one.

There are currently an estimated 6 billion people currently living in the world today. If 1/3 of these people got married and all had 2 or 3 children, how big would the population be in 10 years time? A 1/3 of the six billion will die without having children, and 1/3 will have more than 4 children. How many much food would it take to feed these if people on 3 meals a day, and how much land to grow this food, and how many cooks would it take to cook it?

Please show your working out.

There are no answers at the back of this book, so you can't cheat.