Things God Cannot Do.

Its not a cop out. You are just not getting what I am trying to say.

God cannot do it because it does not exist to be done in His realm.

In our realm / to our eyes / to our brains / to our sense....He can certainly do it!!!!!

Our brains ARE a limiting factor in grasping His existence. Otherwise He would have said more then ''I am''.

Its not a cop out. You are just not getting what I am trying to say.

God cannot do it because it does not exist to be done in His realm.

In our realm / to our eyes / to our brains / to our sense....He can certainly do it!!!!!

Our brains ARE a limiting factor in grasping His existence. Otherwise He would have said more then ''I am''.

I understand the second part of your comment, but I don't understand your first part: "God cannot do it because it does not exist to be done in His realm." What do you mean by "it doesn't exist to be done in His realm?"

I understand the second part of your comment, but I don't understand your first part: "God cannot do it because it does not exist to be done in His realm." What do you mean by "it doesn't exist to be done in His realm?"
If birth or death were words that worked / existed in anyway with Him, He would have used them and said more then merely 'I am'.

The only thing God cannot do is act against His own nature.

God does not change. He may change His actions, but He Himself does not change.

God can change his actions, but that would suggest that he did not know what the actions of man would be, which is not true. Which would tell us that God does not change his mind.

God can change his actions, but that would suggest that he did not know what the actions of man would be, which is not true. Which would tell us that God does not change his mind.
God does change His mind (Gen 6:6), but it's not per your logic, but that man didn't do what God had planned so He changed His mind. The onus is always on us. This is why the scriptures are so short. Anything that is written in them can happen again to anyone and that's why it seems God changes when it's really the variety of ways He communicates with us. Just as there are millions of variety of life on the planet. Jesus said we would do everything He did, but a lot of those "things" were stolen by non-believers by the guidance of the devil so we are hamstrung in our walk with God. Not everything about God or His actions is written in the word of God only enough to get anyone from point A to point Jesus.

This doesn't mean God did/does not know the actions of man. That may be the way we see it, but God knows all of what is future to us.

God warned Nineveh through Jonah that He would destroy them in 40 days. They repented, and God didn't destroy them at that time. God knew they would repent, but they needed that warning to do so.

We also have some influence over what God does through prayer ("You have not, because you ask not")... otherwise, there would be no point in asking Him to act on our behalf.

It would very difficult to teach a physical man who thinks in time framed thoughts, and everything he does is based on what happened yesterday and what might happen tomorrow. Man has no concept how an eternal being could know what your actions will be before you do them, and that this eternal being already knows his working which he finished from the foundation of the world. The only way for man to even begin to comprehend God,s ways is by God giving man a choice to either do what God says or not thinking he is going to make a difference in God,s actions. But what is really happening is God is changing their actions not his.

Last edited:
It would very difficult to teach a physical man who thinks in time framed thoughts, and everything he does is based on what happened yesterday and what might happen tomorrow. Man has no concept how an eternal being could know what your actions will be before you do them, and that this eternal being already knows his working which he finished from the foundation of the world. The only way for man to even begin to comprehend God,s ways is by God giving man a choice to either do what God says or not thinking he is going to make a difference in God,s actions. But what is really happening is God is changing their actions not his.
Ah...CCW you see the difference between an "eternal" thought and a "temporal" thought! You are not far from those who "have known Him from the beginning"...:) As I press into this wisdom..myself...I do not claim to have attained, but I do understand the mind of the Spirit is in the realm of the eternal "Day" of the Lord.

Ah...CCW you see the difference between an "eternal" thought and a "temporal" thought! You are not far from those who "have known Him from the beginning"...:) As I press into this wisdom..myself...I do not claim to have attained, but I do understand the mind of the Spirit is in the realm of the eternal "Day" of the Lord.
Mitspa, I am so excited for the times in which we are living. The Lord is pouring out of His Spirit great and mighty things that we could not possibly get ourselves without them being taught by our Heavenly Father, through his Spirit. All we can do is stand in awe of his Wisdom, and greatness.

Last edited:
God also cannot make spirits or souls disappear from existence, can He? I thought that after the bad soul is thrown into the lake of fire, that soul disappears from existence...

God also cannot make spirits or souls disappear from existence, can He? I thought that after the bad soul is thrown into the lake of fire, that soul disappears from existence...
Polly some things are not made real clear...but that hell is a place of great punishment, is made very clear! Anyone that tells you that hell is just a place where you go to disappear is just trying to deceive you and is a agent of the devil.

Polly some things are not made real clear...but that hell is a place of great punishment, is made very clear! Anyone that tells you that hell is just a place where you go to disappear is just trying to deceive you and is a agent of the devil.
I see. But some Bible verses mention that the second death will be disappearance from existence.

I don't remember the verses.
Polly hell is supposed to be a fearful thing to the conscience of those who reject Christ and His goodness, those who try to make people think its not that bad are not honest and should not be trusted.

Back