Things God Cannot Do.

God also cannot make spirits or souls disappear from existence, can He? I thought that after the bad soul is thrown into the lake of fire, that soul disappears from existence...
I'm not sure why you mean. If you mean what I think you mean, then why couldn't he?

I've touched on, a few times, things God is incapable of, which I like talking about because the more I think of it, the more it shows His power and love, despite the way the statement may even sound.

I figured, just as a thinking exercise, as an opening to discussion, and as a way to even reflect on who God really is, instead of listing what God can do, let's list the things He cannot do.

For example:
God cannot force love toward himself. Love, by definition, is freely given, and this is why our love for God is not only voluntary, but His love for us is too.

Hello and sorry for the late reply, other may have said this one but I'd say God cannot let you down on something He has promised. I often think I've he's never done it, which he haasn't, how can he know what it feels like to let someone down?

Can God make a spirit or soul disappear from existence?

He won't do that to the object of His love. However, to the wicked, He will punish and confine away from His presence one day---after giving them countless opportunities to know Him and His perfect forgiveness.

Back