Think tank

This is the think tank thread.

If you have a really good idea, post it.

To improve your neighbourhood, community, city, region, state, nation, planet.

No criticism of other peoples ideas no matter how impossible they might seem to you...its YOUR ideas. Sometimes you may have a light bulb moment where you become inspired and say lets do this

If youve got a vision write it down so everyone can read it and see it. Then go for it! We are to salt and light to the world around us. So shine on!

Hello Lanolin;

Thank you for posting Think Tank.

In the areas of our lives with Jesus, our families, community, city, state, country and throughout the earth;

We have too much division, not just in our countries, political parties, neighborhoods and especially in our faith from another's faith. Jesus doesn't takes sides and nor should we.

Speaking for myself, the Lord pricked my heart this month. Going forward, I have chosen no longer to hate those who oppose my registered political party as a voter, those who curse my God and hail theirs, or those who choose not to work yet depend on others, etc...etc...etc...

Agree or disagree, let's continue love our opponents, not condone sin, and go forward for the Kingdom.

As for we and our God, let's continue to serve Him, allow Him to guide us daily especially when there is a division that confronts us. Again, God doesn't take sides, but is always on the side of us who follow His only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ.

No criticism of other peoples ideas no matter how impossible they might seem to you...its YOUR ideas. Sometimes you may have a light bulb moment where you become inspired and say lets do this

If youve got a vision write it down so everyone can read it and see it. Then go for it! We are to salt and light to the world around us. So shine on!
Lanolin, nice idea. It's a big question, so it will take some time to think though it. I live in a very nice neighborhood, so do not see anything that can improve it. I am unsure of the difference between a neighborhood and a community, so I go back to my first response. We do not have regions, so for us it is probable counties. To be honest with you, my county is too big to isolate any specific issues. I guess crime is a serious problem. The rest are just too large to think about.

Going back to the county (aka: region), transportation is a serious issue. According to the latest INRIX Research report, I live in the 12th most congested city in the country (https://www.businessinsider.com/us-cities-with-most-traffic-2019-2019-2#12-miami-fl-4). Out public transportation sucks. It starts in the middle of nowhere and it ends in the same place. In other words, it does not go far enough south and it ends in a place no one needs to go to. I work 21 miles north of where I live. Leaving the house at 5:45AM, It takes me one hour to get to the office. The other day, I left at 8AM and got to the office at 10:30. On average, my daily drive is 3 hours, by 5 days, it's 15 hours or a little more than two days of work time. Last year, we lead the state with 65,509 traffic accidents (https://www.prosperlaw.com/which-city-florida-has-most-car-accidents/). All government agencies should be required to use more telecommuting and the private sector should be encouraged to do this through some type of a financial incentive. If not that, we should re-structure our work week from a 5 day, 8 hour work week to a 4 day, 10 hour work week.

rtm3039

I had this idea to reduce traffic problems in Auckland.

For our local area we could have a bylaw.
Only one car per household. Because there are bylaws about the number of dogs, and chickens one can have on a property so it is with ONE car. A car can hold five people. So if the household has more than five, maybe they could have two cars, or a larger car that holds more people. But there would be a limit. They can have as many bicycles each.

Each car would be registered and we would have own number plates for our region because auckland has the largest number of people. Our city sits on an isthmus which means its the only city going north or south.

If people want an exemption they would have to apply or register their vehicles for a special use. But each family or household would need to work out carpooling and sharing arrangments, or they can hire out their car when not using it.

There are way too many cars on the roads and if there were less we could also work on our public transport system as there would be more demand for it. It is stupid and silly for people to go to work in one car using the motorway which can hold five people and they are the only person in it, as well as wasting space for driveways and garages and parking lots. Well I find it stupid and silly. If more people learned how to SHARE, we wouldnt have so many problems.

I had this idea to reduce traffic problems in Auckland.

For our local area we could have a bylaw.
Only one car per household. Because there are bylaws about the number of dogs, and chickens one can have on a property so it is with ONE car. A car can hold five people. So if the household has more than five, maybe they could have two cars, or a larger car that holds more people. But there would be a limit. They can have as many bicycles each.

Each car would be registered and we would have own number plates for our region because auckland has the largest number of people. Our city sits on an isthmus which means its the only city going north or south.

If people want an exemption they would have to apply or register their vehicles for a special use. But each family or household would need to work out carpooling and sharing arrangments, or they can hire out their car when not using it.

There are way too many cars on the roads and if there were less we could also work on our public transport system as there would be more demand for it. It is stupid and silly for people to go to work in one car using the motorway which can hold five people and they are the only person in it, as well as wasting space for driveways and garages and parking lots. Well I find it stupid and silly. If more people learned how to SHARE, we wouldnt have so many problems.
We currently have three card and there are basically three adults, two kids, and a dog at the house. The wire and I work in opposite directions from each other and, by bike, it would take be around two days to make it to work. The third car is for the daughter-in-law, who has to take and pick up kids from school. This too would be hard to do on a bike.

Now, when the day comes that the wife and I retire, I can see how one car would be enough, but not so sure this would work now.

rtm3039

I dont know why people work in opposite directions when they could work together but thats what they would need to sort out and adjust to. If this idea was put into practice, then people would need to make changes as to their locations but Im just advocating it for my city, which is an isthmus as Ive said.

I find that some people feel that they want to live in a richer area for the lifestyle and then commute when they could actually live closer to their work and NOT have to commute. But thats their decision so they cant complain if thats what they chose. Or they could work evenings when traffic is less of a problem as thats what my dad did.

Another is that children can actually walk to school, take the bus or bike. It is absurd that parents line the streets chauffering them everywhere and add to the congestion that way. Even if they live ten minutes away from school. People are way to reliant on their cars. Also with children look into homeschooling. No traffic worries then!

My dad could give up his car as hes retired and gets free public transport, but silly thing is, he just uses it to run around in carrying nobody but himself. It will become to expensive to be worth hanging on to it as he gets older. With retired people they need to sort out carpooling arrnagements and be prepared to give up their cars. Businesses also need to have a better transport plan for their workers or subisdise transport. We used to get discounts for the bus when I worked in public libraries.

My dad could give up his car as hes retired and gets free public transport, but silly thing is, he just uses it to run around in carrying nobody but himself. It will become to expensive to be worth hanging on to it as he gets older. With retired people they need to sort out carpooling arrnagements and be prepared to give up their cars. Businesses also need to have a better transport plan for their workers or subisdise transport. We used to get discounts for the bus when I worked in public libraries.

I am not sure I agree with you on that one. When I retire, the wife and I plan on driving around the country and, at some point, go back and fourth visiting our kids and grandkids. Driving is a significant aspect of one's independence. While, unfortunately, age will eventually require all of us to turn in our keys, it's a significant blow to one's independence.

rtm3039

My grandparents never drove we went and visited them.
You are going to have to face up to the day when you, like Jesus said to Peter, when he gets old, will be carried.

My grandparents never drove we went and visited them.
You are going to have to face up to the day when you, like Jesus said to Peter, when he gets old, will be carried.
Yes, we all do. But hopefully that will be many years from now. I plan on retiring around 65, so should still have a couple of miles left.

rtm3039

I had some thoughts about independence but thats in another thread.

Anyway if the babyboomers dont want to give up their cars they need to find a good use for them, retirees are the perfect cohort to join in missions like Operation Mobilisation, since they have wheels, they can reach people all over the country who dont have the means to get out and about, and need to hear the gospel.

Or meals on wheels.
Or the mobile library.

We bring the church to your door!

Hello Lanolin;

Thank you for posting Think Tank.

In the areas of our lives with Jesus, our families, community, city, state, country and throughout the earth;

We have too much division, not just in our countries, political parties, neighborhoods and especially in our faith from another's faith. Jesus doesn't takes sides and nor should we.

Speaking for myself, the Lord pricked my heart this month. Going forward, I have chosen no longer to hate those who oppose my registered political party as a voter, those who curse my God and hail theirs, or those who choose not to work yet depend on others, etc...etc...etc...

Agree or disagree, let's continue love our opponents, not condone sin, and go forward for the Kingdom.

As for we and our God, let's continue to serve Him, allow Him to guide us daily especially when there is a division that confronts us. Again, God doesn't take sides, but is always on the side of us who follow His only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ.
Poor america, sounds like the civil war is still going, and never really ended. You are the UNITED states of america, so show it. Otherwise people should just call your country the States and drop the name of United.

You could hold a referendum asking this question or suggest a new name. Our country did for a new flag and the majority wanted to keep the same one.

Suggested new names for United States.

North America
New Canico
Hollywoodland
New Worldland
Purpleland
Americaland

We currently have three card and there are basically three adults, two kids, and a dog at the house. The wire and I work in opposite directions from each other and, by bike, it would take be around two days to make it to work. The third car is for the daughter-in-law, who has to take and pick up kids from school. This too would be hard to do on a bike.

Now, when the day comes that the wife and I retire, I can see how one car would be enough, but not so sure this would work now.

rtm3039
How does the dog get around or does he walk.

No one can run for any political office if they have ugly feet.

I am not sure I agree with you on that one. When I retire, the wife and I plan on driving around the country and, at some point, go back and fourth visiting our kids and grandkids. Driving is a significant aspect of one's independence. While, unfortunately, age will eventually require all of us to turn in our keys, it's a significant blow to one's independence.

rtm3039

Get the grandkids to drive you like we do......……..Believe that and I have a bridge in the Sahara to sell you.

rtm3039

It will work out fine as long as you don't mind the wife telling you to stay home because she has to go to the mall.

Back