Think tank

Ok, your cities and towns also have governments. My town (Cutler Bay) has a government; my county (Miami-Dade) has a government. My state (Florida) has a government. That's three governments before we get to Uncle Sam. Also, would you mind using a capital A for America. I know we all have different values, but I am pretty sure that capitalization is universal. Thanks you, Lanolin.
not really. I could write umerica and that might make you angry and want to shoot me with your arms. But at least I can't hear you say 'Noo Zealin' and cringe. If you want to be a nit-picker, there are plenty of other places you can do that.

good news, The TV news team got back to me and are considering my suggestion.

I think if you want to improve things in your community, it's better to make suggestions (with practical ways of going about it, and the benefits of implementing it) then say 'you should do this or that' because people don't take kindly to being told what to do. Of course there will always be people who just shoot down your ideas simply cos they are negative people who don't want to be bothered caring, but at least you have raised the issue.

more good news.
I heard that the govt is appointing an official reading ambassador for the country to encourage children to read!!

During lockdown they had a govt covid update website, so I wrote to them about what guidelines they were providing for libraries, particularly in schools, and I also made a suggestion that govt could promote reading more as with no school children can still learn by reading more books at home, as not everyone has devices. The Prime Minister had appeared on tv reading bedtime stories to her daughter so I said there needs to be more role models.

They wrote back to me about the library guidelines but didn't really say anything about my other suggestion...until I heard the news today.

lol I didn't think they would take any notice of my ideas.. but just goes to show, if you ask the right people, they might just act on it.

Good News and keep up the good work. Things like this mean so much to children - especially now.

Back