This week, I lost a friend.

This week, I lost a friend.

This week, I lost a friend. She left her house the morning of August 20th, headed to work, and never returned home. Sitting at her desk at college, she had a brain aneurism. A beautiful life over in seconds...her family and friends left stunned.

What's life all about? At times, so fragile and fleeting. I'm left with so many questions in the wake of this week.

Have you ever wondered what heaven is going to be like...or if there even is a heaven?

I'm sorry about the loss of your friend. The worst day of my life was when my mother died. I was bitter and angry for many months until I got counseling. I would suggest getting grief counseling--preferably with a knowledgeable pastor.

After 62 years I'm still wondering what life is all about. It seems it's nothing but a time of misery and suffering, because I think I've had more than my share of it. However, there are people who suffer untold misery that goes far beyond anything I've had to endure, and I wonder how they do it. I know the grace of God is supposed to be sufficient. That's what He told Paul anyway.

I don't wonder if there's a heaven, and I know that by the grace of God I will be going there. I do know that it has to be a lot better than this.

This week, I lost a friend. She left her house the morning of August 20th, headed to work, and never returned home. Sitting at her desk at college, she had a brain aneurism. A beautiful life over in seconds...her family and friends left stunned.

What's life all about? At times, so fragile and fleeting. I'm left with so many questions in the wake of this week.

Have you ever wondered what heaven is going to be like...or if there even is a heaven?

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend CLU2.

I lost a good close friend(car accident)when I was 16...
a few months later myself and a few of my friends(which were also his friends)were in a deadly car accident,we hit a t junction at 190 km/h( not sure in miles) 2 of us were thrown out the car and the other 2 hit the the windshield...I was one of the 2 that were flung out and the other was my best friend... The only injury was a broken bone and a few stitches for the 2 that hit the windshield... the car was in pieces, unrecognisable... Were we lucky?were we saved?we believe with Gods will our friend saved us all that night... I do believe in angels:) I hope your friend will also be your angel:) God bless:)

I apologize and I am greatly saddened to hear this news.

Life seems difficult, and miserable. At times it is (believe me, I've had my dark moments!), sometimes it is not. Some people go and blame God for everything (which I am NOT saying you are doing, my friend...), or they just give up and go in other directions such as suicide, etcetera, etcetera.

Life is going to be difficult, I learned that a long time back. I chose to live my life fruitfully, and no I do not mean doing whatever I like. I wake up with a smile on my face; sometimes I cry, I scream, and I want to beat things up.

Grief is one of the worst things to go through. Mentally, you think it's all my fault; what is life worth if people die all the time?

Some people would like to think I have "it all", just because I live in Southern California, literally "the land of dreams" (is it really?), but I've had a lot of hardships. I feel sometimes I lost my whole life now that my parents are divorcing and all that, which I won't go into deep details out of respect for my family. Even then I try my best to do good, to be happy, to look at life happily, and to make the most of whatever time I have here.

But know that I understand 100% how you feel.
And God understands, too (and I know that may be kind of hard to comprehend right now...).

Life is a mystery. Literally for thousands of years people have always wondered the same thing:

WHAT IS THE MEANING OF LIFE??

I do not think we will understand COMPLETELY until the right time. Life is kind of like a messy spider web or something, or a puzzle. You can't get the full picture until you fit all the pieces together.

Well, friend, I hope all is well with you. God bless. :)
Come here often, though I have been busy lately...:D

Love,
NTG

i truly believe that when it is some ones time to die then it is their time. i know that doesnt make it any easier and only time will help soften the loss if she had God in her life then be happy for her because she is in a much better place. a few years ago one of my friends who was training to become a paramedic died on the job trying to save his partners life tragicly they were both pronounced dead at the scean (along with the person they thought they were trying to help and the person who called 911). i definatly know your pain and i will be praying for you and her family. may God be with you and may he give you the strength you need.

Christlovesu2;

I'm sorry for your loss..
The loss of any friend is sad,and can be crippling if you allow the negative feelings to go into,and mess with your brain.
While it cannot make up for your loss,please remember that you have friends here,and others in real life that loves you.
And whatever that you do,please keep these people in mind,and don't let them experience what you're going through right now,because of a moment of impulse..

You will be in my prayers..

Thanks everyone for your prayers. It really means a lot to me.

I've been thinking about this whole "heaven" thing a lot, and my friend sent me a link to this website called lifeafterlife.tv.

It's a movie where people who have had experiences where they went to "heaven" and then came back to life, share their stories. Their stories really have made it easier for me to deal with the loss of my friend.

I guess I have a new hope that this "heaven" really does exist.

I will pray for you as well, and I am sorry for the lose of your friend.

The Apostle Paul described are lives, as tents for our souls to dwell in.

2 Corinthians 5:1

"Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands."

God promised His love, and Salvation for those who love Him, and put their faith and trust in Him.

Jesus said in His Father's house, there are many mansions. And they have all been readied for us.

This life of our's is but merely a love test for God. We were created, out of love, and for love. Jesus is waiting on the other end, with his arms open.

I'll be praying for you :)

I just thought the same thoughts this morning - after suffering for days, my little chihuahua puppy passed away while I was trying to give her liquids with an eyedropper. I didn't know how hard I would take this, but it was pretty bad.

I was praying for comfort when, by accident, I stumbled over this:

GOD, OUR FATHER, CAN NEVER BE ANY HOLIER THAN HE IS RIGHT NOW; HE IS THE ULTIMATE, THE PINNACLE OF THE MEANING OF "HOLY". NOBODY CAN SURPASS HIM. HE LIVES IN LIGHT SO BRILLIANT THAT NO HUMAN CAN EVER APPROACH. EVERYTHING THAT HE DOES CAN ONLY LEAD TO GOOD FOR OTHERS.

I thought about that long and hard. I took it as a bad thing that my baby puppy suffered so hard before she left me. Where was God then, I thought? But in the meaning of the words above (taken from the Personality Traits of God From A to Z book), it comforts me to know that God doesn't delight in suffering or death.

I've seen people die before, including children. It always leaves me feeling the same...hopeless and questioning my faith. I've shaken a friend's hand and then heard hours later that he was gone from this world.

Nobody can be holier than God. This is the way our Father set it up, I have to tell myself. He is the Father of Mercy. Lord of Light. Whatever He thinks and says are Truth.

I know that it's hard to comfort someone in a time like this, my special friend. But that's all I have to give you right now. I care about you, I really do. I know the feeling, the quiet suffering of loss.

Keep your chin up and find new life in the sunshine on your face today, in the breeze. Open the window and watch the birds. Those things are sent to us by the One whom there can be none holier.

*hugs*

Brother..

I don't know how you must be truly feeling, I never lost anyone close to me yet.. I know it will happen and I don't want it to... but I know I won't give up on God, ever..

Let me tell you one thing.. The death of your friend does not disprove God at all. If your implication of is there a heaven means is there a God. Then I invite you to rethink of what you're asking, is it relevant at all, when someone dies, to say that there is no God?
billions of people have died since Creation.

Please do not lose hope.

Comfort yourself in prayer, and comfort the girls family with Godly verses. and pray for them..
God bless brother.

Amen, Ramsey.

What's that song say? We're on our knees anyway, might as well be praying?:)

My most desperate hour is when I need my Father the most.:)

Back