Thoughts about today

Euphemia

Account Closed
Watching the Pope today and hearing all the ecumenical podium offerings, this verse continues to roll around in my heart and thoughts:

1 Thessalonians 5:3
When people are saying, “Everything is peaceful and secure,” then disaster will fall on them as suddenly as a pregnant woman’s labor pains begin. And there will be no escape.

What are your thoughts?

Watching the Pope today and hearing all the ecumenical podium offerings, this verse continues to roll around in my heart and thoughts:

When people are saying, “Everything is peaceful and secure,” then disaster will fall on them as suddenly as a pregnant woman’s labor pains begin. And there will be no escape.

What are your thoughts?

Is the Pope saying everything is peaceful and secure?

It's not so much that people are saying that we have peace, but they are crying out for peace. There will be no peace. It is all so very soppy, the way people, especially in the media and in the political arena are falling all over themselves with regard to the pope's visit, yet they have no real faith to speak of.

I've been thinking a lot about that verse. Everyone is trying to make peace and it's not going to happen.

Did you hear what else he said today?

The pope said, "The cross shows us a different way of measuring success. Ours is to plant the seeds. God sees to the fruits of our labors. And if at times our efforts and works seem to fail and not produce fruit, we need to remember that we are followers of Jesus Christ and his life, humanly speaking, ended in failure, the failure of the cross."

I've been thinking a lot about that verse. Everyone is trying to make peace and it's not going to happen.

Did you hear what else he said today?

The pope said, "The cross shows us a different way of measuring success. Ours is to plant the seeds. God sees to the fruits of our labors. And if at times our efforts and works seem to fail and not produce fruit, we need to remember that we are followers of Jesus Christ and his life, humanly speaking, ended in failure, the failure of the cross."

Wow, what ridiculous, fruitless words! More to further the works gospel he believes. Encouraging us to think "humanly" that somehow the cross was a failure in any way except a failure of mankind, is going to completely fly over people's heads.

The cross is where our hope begins! Not failure!

the failure of the cross

Is this an actual quote from the Pope? Could this have been taken out of context? I have my own thoughts about the man and his theology, but I would at least try and give him the benefit of the doubt here as what he's saying 'the failure of the cross', is quite striking and obviously not in a good way.

Wow, what ridiculous, fruitless words! More to further the works gospel he believes. Encouraging us to think "humanly" that somehow the cross was a failure in any way except a failure of mankind, is going to completely fly over people's heads.

In your blindness you cannot understand what he said.
From a "human" point of view the cross was a failure, he died.
From a spiritual point of view it was a complete success, by dying He destroyed death.
For once, try to pay attention to what the person is saying, as opposed to your biased opinion about what he says.

From a spiritual point of view it was a complete success, by dying He destroyed death.
For once, try to pay attention to what the person is saying, as opposed to your biased opinion about what he says.

Ah. The sentence structure is what threw me at first and second read. Makes sense now.

ROTFL..........the cross was a failure...........to the devil and his bunch. They thought they had finally snuffed out the light............ guess not aye ? lol

Glomung I say this with all respect............about half of your post did not need to be said. If you want to minister to someone you got to refrain from offending them. Once you offend some one they are done listening to you and your words begin to be less and less.

Walk in Love bro
God Bless
Jim

What are your thoughts?

I am very glad that the pope is standing up for the things that most believers stand up for. And the fact that he is born again and spirit filled is a plus :) ..... There are more born again spirit filled Catholics than anyone really thinks.
Blessings

I'm not spiritually blind. His words only perpetuated the spiritually blind.

Glomung I say this with all respect............about half of your post did not need to be said. If you want to minister to someone you got to refrain from offending them. Once you offend some one they are done listening to you and your words begin to be less and less.

Walk in Love bro
God Bless
Jim
There is history here that you are not aware of.

There is history here that you are not aware of.
Brother there are histories all through out this forum site and still - it does not change how we are to conduct our selves. Be the example and help me change the way we brothers and siters talk to one another in here...

Why ? Well for starters as time draws to a near there are many un-saved that God is tugging at them and when they go looking for answers - well if they find a bunch of rude areguing people who can not even agree on Gods word then why in the world would they even want anything to do with Chrtistian anything ?

Not to mention we will stand accountable for every idle word we speak. That means every word we speak that is oposed to His word. Brother I dont know about you but the more I think on this the more I see we need to check our selves big time. Lets just say it should be an eye opener.

Blessings my Brother
Jim

The full speech, is very interesting to read. I have no opinions. It can be read, or understood in a couple ways and I am not going to judge anybody, I don't know who plays what role in revelation and will not condemn or judge anyone, only offer information as I think knowing the full story is helpful.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/read-pope-francis-yorks-st-patricks-cathedral/story?id=34023376

Something else the pope has said that can seem controversial, again I'm not judging, I don't know who the anti-Christ or the beast is and I certainly don't have all the answers, I do have all the questions though. It seems the pope can be viewed in one of several ways. I'm just offering information. I refuse to judge anyone. I'm not God, I don't know what is in the heart of men or women but I do think being a religious leader he should believe God can do everything.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...god-isnt-a-magician-with-a-magic-9822514.html

Francis explained that both scientific theories were not incompatible with the existence of a creator – arguing instead that they “require it”.
“When we read about Creation in Genesis, we run the risk of imagining God was a magician, with a magic wand able to do everything. But that is not so,” Francis said. He added: “He created human beings and let them develop according to the internal laws that he gave to each one so they would reach their fulfilment"
“The Big Bang, which today we hold to be the origin of the world, does not contradict the intervention of the divine creator but, rather, requires it.
“Evolution in nature is not inconsistent with the notion of creation, because evolution requires the creation of beings that evolve.”

Moderator Statement: There are as many persons that love the Pope as there are who despise him and what he stands for. This forum is not the place to be confrontational in either direction. Let's all be civil here, if you please, because several posters are getting very close to violating Rules 3.1 and 3.2c.

Thank you for your cooperation.

I was just remarking on the calls for peace. I am sorry this thread was posted. I have asked that it be removed.

Thank you.

Back