To Homeschool Or Not

I don't think kids need a ton of friends. I mean, it's nice to be social and everything but school is to learn. Schools don't care, and even Christian schools are horrible. Full of sex and pot and everything else. The only difference is that the kids try not to get caught.

True. I've heard stories from private Christian schools that are just as bad as public school.

True. I've heard stories from private Christian schools that are just as bad as public school.

I never went to a Christian school but my sister did. It may not be as bad as public schools but they are still horrible. I think every parent should home school.

Sex education needs to be teached to everybody so we know that how we can be careful, and in Christian schools, the sex ed teachers will say that sex is for marriage but they will teach that in marriage we still have to be careful in case if the spouse has a STD or the couple doesn't want children.

Oh, really?

I never went to a Christian school but my sister did. It may not be as bad as public schools but they are still horrible. I think every parent should home school.

Part of me wishes I would not have sent them to public school and would have continued homeschooling. I just can't decide. I see positives and negatives of each.

My wife went to a christian school in Washington, and then a public school in a rich neighborhood in California. She said the christian school was great, and could not believe how they talked in a public school. She said it was like a culture shock for her.

I am one of 6 siblings and we were all homeschooled (for the most part). When I reached 9th grade, I began attending a community college, earning both college and high school credit, while other classes took place at co-opts.

Speaking for myself, I had an excellent experience as a homeschooler. Before high school when most of my education either took place at home or at co-opts, I was instructed by my mom who is one of the smartest people I know and, this sounds extremely weird, but we even got a far better education on the subject of bio-genesis since she's an OBGYN.

As for the social part, I was a dedicated athlete and competed in swimming and even used to race Michael Phelps yearly (we both grew up in the Baltimore area but on competing teams). I was part of youth groups and made friends by association of mutual friends.

I earned an excellent education, learned about family closeness through experience, partook in extra-curricular activities, and had a lot of friends--some of them were homeschooled themselves.

Homeschoolers are just as capable of having large amounts of friends, they just need to be more active in making friendships since kids who do go to either public or private schools tend to have all of these experiences within one boundary.

Also...check this out. You may like it!

Last edited:
Every parent should be able! I just think that homeschooling is so much more beneficial. On top of that, we don't know what schools are teaching kids these days. Even Christian schools.

I hear you. I'm starting to wonder how that would go between my wife and I (wife is unsaved). Should be an interesting conversation if God blesses us with a child or two, or three, or more. We'll see what God has to say about it when/if that time comes.

I hear you. I'm starting to wonder how that would go between my wife and I (wife is unsaved). Should be an interesting conversation if God blesses us with a child or two, or three, or more. We'll see what God has to say about it when/if that time comes.
Yeah, and home schooling is hard. I know it's not for everybody but me and my wife are going to home school if we can and are blessed with a child.

Yeah, and home schooling is hard. I know it's not for everybody but me and my wife are going to home school if we can and are blessed with a child.
I liked it. Our oldest two have changed so much since we stopped homeschooling. I'm just thinking at this point, pulling them back out when they don't want to might backfire.

Beat the crap out of them and home school that attitude right out of them!...sound biblical advice...:)
I agree. If they are already talking back then I'd snatch those babes out and show them what happens when they talk back and they can't tell the teacher I beat them. Belt time, my child.

Some folks don't understand that a child is under the law to their parents, until they come under the law of the Spirit. That's why Paul teaches a child the commandment to obey their parents... Of course the parents are not under the law to stone them if they rebel...maybe just beat the rebellion out of them!

You guys are kidding, right? No beatings in this house!

Punishments are no tv, video games, playing outside... basically, they are grounded until their behavior improves. They will eventually want to do something enough to follow the rules.

You guys are kidding, right? No beatings in this house!

Punishments are no tv, video games, playing outside... basically, they are grounded until their behavior improves. They will eventually want to do something enough to follow the rules.
I'm not kidding. I believe in old fashion spankings.

Back