To Jeff: I Thought This Was A ''friendly'' Christian Forum...?

This thread seems to have got a bit derailed from its original purpose. Now its about what @magdelena understands about the phrase "Jesus is God" ?
I think we make things too complicated. I just say I believe Matt 3:16-17. It simplifies a lot.

What will you do with verses 19-21? Do you just ignore them because one believes in verses 16-17????

No I don't believe that. Maybe it's not a matter of believing or not. I just look at it in a different way. Jesus had gods spirit so do we. The Holy Spirit is with us now. So...to me it only makes sense that god is god, Jesus is gods son, we are his children and the Holy Spirit is the little voice we hear that warns us and tells us things. I know not everyone can hear it but some can. I learned long ago to never ignore it because it's always right. Jesus on the other hand is like a mediator between us and god. That's just the way I choose to look at it.

Is that what the ministry in your church teaches? Have you brought your faith to their attention for clarification?

Haha, there is no 19-21, at least not in my computer bible nasb translation.

18 "He that believes on Him is not condemned: but he that believes not is condemned already because he has not believed in the NAME of the only begotten son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For everyone that does evil hates the light, neither comes to the light, lest his deeds be reproved. 21 But he that does truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God."

Yeah, sure is funny!

Yeah, sure is funny!

Sure is, lol. Are we even in the same book? This time I went back to my computer bible so I can copy and paste them knowing I didn't imagine it:

(NASB)Matthew 3:16-17
After being baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove and lighting on Him, [17] and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased."

And I double checked. Still no verses after that.

Sure is, lol. Are we even in the same book? This time I went back to my computer bible so I can copy and paste them knowing I didn't imagine it:
(NASB)Matthew 3:16-17
After being baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove and lighting on Him, [17] and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased."
And I double checked. Still no verses after that.

Are you sure those words are not in your bible? Did you compare those words with the words in you Bible? I just can't
believe you missed them!

Are you sure those words are not in your bible? Did you compare those words with the words in you Bible? I just can't
believe you missed them!

I found the verses you quoted in the book of John which is a completely different book to Matthew:

(NASB)John 3:19-21
"This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil. [20] "For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. [21] "But he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God."

If you found those verses in Matthew someone must have played a trick on you. Maybe with a pair of scissors and a glue stick ;)

I found the verses you quoted in the book of John which is a completely different book to Matthew:
(NASB)John 3:19-21
"This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil. [20] "For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. [21] "But he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God."
If you found those verses in Matthew someone must have played a trick on you. Maybe with a pair of scissors and a glue stick ;)

Yes, you are right. No one has played a trick on me: maybe my eyes and my age!
I appreciate your correction...and your diligence in searching the scriptures.

This thread seems to have got a bit derailed from its original purpose. Now its about what @magdelena understands about the phrase "Jesus is God" ?

I think we make things too complicated. I just say I believe Matt 3:16-17. It simplifies a lot.
Yes I'm definitely confused more that ever now. I mean I see god, I realized, a lot different than some other people. To me, no offence, but it's like people seem to be very close minded and hard. Why not just open your eyes a little more to see beyond. Maybe god is just showing all of us different things so we can all teach one another. I just find it...amusing I guess to see how people can be so set in their ways. I used to be like that until I decided to just open my mind talk to different people from different religious back grounds and it was interesting to learn how they worship and see god. I would never try to deter them from their ways. As long as they believe his is there. Let everyone just be. I notice a lot of Christians say "it's my job to save! God put me here to minister!" Yes. But lighten up!! God didn't put us here to force him on anyone. He wants us to minister and spread his word, yes, but there other ways of doing it. I just always tend to bring up and say things like "oh thank god for my job" and some will become curious and ask what you mean didn't you get it? Than I go into telling them my testimony how god have me both my jobs. Smile be happy everyone god is great, stop being so serious. God gave us this life to enjoy it!!

Is that what the ministry in your church teaches? Have you brought your faith to their attention for clarification?
What the church teaches is not what I'm interested in. I'm interested in what god has to teach me. By putting things in my heart, revealing things to me. There's things that go on in churches these days that you don't know who's who. Lots will say I'm a Christian but do they really have god in their heart?? I don't look at people and look at what their doing and say oh this person can't possibly love god. I look at what's in their heart, if they say they love god and pray, great. I don't judge by actions because some aren't strong enough to resist temptation. Even sinners I'm friends with and people who don't believe in any god at all. I still stand strong and talk about god cuz he's my everything. Let everyone just be who they are, when they time is right things will happen.

Yes I'm definitely confused more that ever now. I mean I see god, I realized, a lot different than some other people. To me, no offence, but it's like people seem to be very close minded and hard. Why not just open your eyes a little more to see beyond. Maybe god is just showing all of us different things so we can all teach one another. I just find it...amusing I guess to see how people can be so set in their ways. I used to be like that until I decided to just open my mind talk to different people from different religious back grounds and it was interesting to learn how they worship and see god. I would never try to deter them from their ways. As long as they believe his is there. Let everyone just be. I notice a lot of Christians say "it's my job to save! God put me here to minister!" Yes. But lighten up!! God didn't put us here to force him on anyone. He wants us to minister and spread his word, yes, but there other ways of doing it. I just always tend to bring up and say things like "oh thank god for my job" and some will become curious and ask what you mean didn't you get it? Than I go into telling them my testimony how god have me both my jobs. Smile be happy everyone god is great, stop being so serious. God gave us this life to enjoy it!!

I am not a serious person. Like at all. Have you seen the clown thread?!

For a long time it was just me, my Bible, and God. I would go to church by myself and worship in the Spirit. I didn't learn about "the trinity" until later but it is obvious to me that Jesus is God when I study my Bible. He declares I AM. And if you read the whole thing.. Jesus is the one who gives John the revelation and says I am the alpha and omega the beginning and end. I don't think it's as you say--- that people are so set in their ways-- it's that people know TRUTH and therefore do not, WILL not depart from it.

Much love sister!! I am not worried one bit about you, but for the unbelievers. it is clear you love God and are seeking Him. You will know truth. :)

I'm still learning too. The Holy Spirit testifies inside of me that Jesus is God and there are NO DOUBTS. None. When it comes to that. When you know something is true there is no need to be open-minded about it, right?

What the church teaches is not what I'm interested in. I'm interested in what god has to teach me. By putting things in my heart, revealing things to me. There's things that go on in churches these days that you don't know who's who. Lots will say I'm a Christian but do they really have god in their heart?? I don't look at people and look at what their doing and say oh this person can't possibly love god. I look at what's in their heart, if they say they love god and pray, great. I don't judge by actions because some aren't strong enough to resist temptation. Even sinners I'm friends with and people who don't believe in any god at all. I still stand strong and talk about god cuz he's my everything. Let everyone just be who they are, when they time is right things will happen.
But our hearts are deceitful at times that is why we have Gods Word. That is how we know truth. The enemy can and does deceive hearts. If we do not read and know Gods Word and keep it in our hearts we are vulnerable to this deception.

Only God is perfect. Only God is a worthy sacrifice for sin. Therefore Jesus is God.

But our hearts are deceitful at times that is why we have Gods Word. That is how we know truth. The enemy can and does deceive hearts. If we do not read and know Gods Word and keep it in our hearts we are vulnerable to this deception.
Only God is perfect. Only God is a worthy sacrifice for sin. Therefore Jesus is God.

"Only God is perfect." Only God could offer the perfect sacrifice for sin; Only Jesus was worthy to be :...the Lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world."; and only "God in Christ...", can keep believers faithful.

I actually think its a maturity thing. After awhile we start to realise how little influence we have over what others think. Its a bit like when we have a friend who has fallen in love with someone they're convinced is going to be their wife or husband and we might disapprove of their marriage choice but in spite of expressing our concerns they will probably marry who they will and we may risk losing a friend.

So I dont try to persuade people much anymore. Usually the best we can do is to pray for them.

I used to go to an online christian chat room where there was a lot of debating and even "point scoring". They were eager to prove me wrong and for a while I was concerned about it until I realised that none of these people were really my friend and they certainly didn't care about me. That was a real eye opener for me.

I am not a serious person. Like at all. Have you seen the clown thread?!

For a long time it was just me, my Bible, and God. I would go to church by myself and worship in the Spirit. I didn't learn about "the trinity" until later but it is obvious to me that Jesus is God when I study my Bible. He declares I AM. And if you read the whole thing.. Jesus is the one who gives John the revelation and says I am the alpha and omega the beginning and end. I don't think it's as you say--- that people are so set in their ways-- it's that people know TRUTH and therefore do not, WILL not depart from it.

Much love sister!! I am not worried one bit about you, but for the unbelievers. it is clear you love God and are seeking Him. You will know truth. :)

I'm still learning too. The Holy Spirit testifies inside of me that Jesus is God and there are NO DOUBTS. None. When it comes to that. When you know something is true there is no need to be open-minded about it, right?
I was like that too because I had no one. Just me my bible and church, I'd go alone. I have not been going which is killing me sometimes. I was single than I met this guy who is a non believer, doesn't even want to hear about god. And I stopped going to church. I am being stupi and can't figure out why or why this guy is in my life. I need help right now because this kills me.

I was like that too because I had no one. Just me my bible and church, I'd go alone. I have not been going which is killing me sometimes. I was single than I met this guy who is a non believer, doesn't even want to hear about god. And I stopped going to church. I am being stupi and can't figure out why or why this guy is in my life. I need help right now because this kills me.

Beloved, you are "...eating of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil." If you are not married, then you have an option
of living for the Lord: if married, your option(s) are not quite so simple.

Beloved, you are "...eating of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil." If you are not married, then you have an option
of living for the Lord: if married, your option(s) are not quite so simple.[/QUOTE
Why than am I having a hard time leaving? I feel trapped

This does happen unfortunately when a person meets someone and stops going to church. You have let a relationship with some guy interfere with your relationship with God.

'Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?' (2 Corinthians 6.14-15).

I believe God is trying to lead you to having a true relationship with Him. You say it's killing you that you've stopped going to church. I would hope you return to church and put an end to this relationship that is not from God. As in the verse above , it is dangerous as it will take you away from the faith and thus your faith will be weak. It is better to be alone with God than do things that are against His will for you. Trust in God with your whole life, He has a much better plan for your life than you may think.

That's a tough one. I'm sorry you are going through this. Know that God wants you to be a disciple and that means freedom from hopelessness.

I will be praying for you, dear!

If you need some ridiculousness you are welcome at the clown thread. And don't be afraid to post pictures of your pets doing silly things.

Back