To Jeff: I Thought This Was A ''friendly'' Christian Forum...?

but the good thing is my desire to please God is WHY I am unhappy with myself at times .. and it always ends with praise for God for His mercy and patience with me ..

but the good thing is my desire to please God is WHY I am unhappy with myself at times .. and it always ends with praise for God for His mercy and patience with me ..

I never pray "for myself" .. but if I did, it would be to increase my love even more for Him ..
but our hearts are our own responsibility ..

There once was an attempt to put a dozen people who believed they were god in a room together. I don't remember the results.
I doubt the conversation would be as funny as one might imagine it.

I would think that they would all be trying to cast one another out of each other! You know, they could all be put in a circle, laying their hands on the head of the person to their right and shout in unison: "HEAL!"

Maybe you can try that on this forum...and the first twelve to began arguing would be named apostles...and...and...

NAH...it would make my time here too monotonous!

I never pray "for myself" .. but if I did, it would be to increase my love even more for Him ..
but our hearts are our own responsibility ..

Beloved, I always pray for myself first: because I'm human. I want to make sure that the person I pray for gets blessed...therefore I want to make sure I'm heard. I found out very early in my walk that it's not the person who prays that
is important; it's the ONE who hears!

I think the spirit of the OP is not unity in terms of compromise, but a message of respect. It is OK to disagree with out being disagreeable. But it is the disagreeable part that I think the OP takes arms against. I am with her on that. Whether it is Catholics, Mormons, JW or any Christian or non-Christian denomination, we need to be respectful of the person while politely presenting our perspective. This requires self control as impulse is the devils playground.

Blessings,
MoG

Beloved, I always pray for myself first: because I'm human. I want to make sure that the person I pray for gets blessed...therefore I want to make sure I'm heard. I found out very early in my walk that it's not the person who prays that
is important; it's the ONE who hears!

and His ears are inclined unto the righteous ..

ixoye_8 : Are you having difficulty navigating the site? I notice that I clean up a lot of duplicate posts. That's usually a sign of a problem connecting to the site. Is there anything I can do to help?

ixoye_8 : Are you having difficulty navigating the site? I notice that I clean up a lot of duplicate posts. That's usually a sign of a problem connecting to the site. Is there anything I can do to help?

I have no idea why it glitches like that ..
it's annoying to me and I am sure to others ..
thank you .. and I'm sorry to make work for you ..

I have no idea why it glitches like that ...it's annoying to me and I am sure to others ..
thank you .. and I'm sorry to make work for you ..

o_O There you go again with the hiccups...and right after you got a good tongue lashing: and right under "The Man's" nose!!! :whistle:

"I can do nothing on My own initiative. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is just...
If Jesus can "do nothing" of his own initiative, how can he be God?
Are you saying that the BODY (flesh) of Jesus is God?

Just wondering.
God as One (God the Father and Jesus who are One in the Holy Spirit) are in perfect harmony and accord on all things. Jesus has power over all things for He is God, yet he submitted to the will of God the Father in everything rather than doing his own will.

"And He withdrew from them about a stone's throw, and He knelt down and began to pray, 42saying, "Father, if You are willing, remove this cup from Me; yet not My will, but Yours be done" (Luke 22:42).

This verse shows Jesus submitting to God the Father's will rather than His own will.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" (John 1:1).
"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us" (John 1:14).
"God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God (2 Corinthians 5:21).Jesus was God in the flesh who became sin for us.

Jesus was God in the flesh who became sin for us. Jesus was both God and man which is why he was sometimes called the Son of God and sometimes called the son of man. "God is Spirit" (John 4:24).

Jesus said, "I am the bread of life. 49Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died. 50But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which anyone may eat and not die. 51I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”52Then the Jews began to argue sharply among themselves, “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?”53Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. 57Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. 58This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever (John 6:48-6:59).
Right after saying this Jesus said, "Does this offend you? 62Then what if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before! 63The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit and life (John 6:61-63).

Jesus said, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty (John 6:53). Jesus is speaking of himself spiritually. He suffered and died in the physical so that we could have life in the spiritual.

That is by his death of his physical body we by faith are dead to our physical body so that we may live as a spiritual body that is His spiritual body that was raised from the dead.

Last edited:

"I can do nothing on My own initiative. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is just...
If Jesus can "do nothing" of his own initiative, how can he be God?
Are you saying that the BODY (flesh) of Jesus is God?

Just wondering.
Thank you for asking that question!! I have been asking for a long time. I don't think Jesus is god, I think they are two desperate spirits. God is the father and Jesus the son. I hope to get an answer. To me they are different.

Thank you for asking that question!! I have been asking for a long time. I don't think Jesus is god, I think they are two desperate spirits. God is the father and Jesus the son. I hope to get an answer. To me they are different.

They are different. The "son" is the flesh (body). Scriptures tell us that all the essence of that which is God dwelt in the body of the person, Jesus the Christ: "For in him dwells all the fullness of the godhead, bodily." Again, the scriptures speak to us: "For God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself." So God was not in God, reconciling the world: He was in the body of the Christ! Now the question becomes: when did God inhabit the body. The answer is quite simple: it happened when the angel came to a virgin girl named Mary. The angel was sent with a commandment (word), and when the angel spoke the commandment (word), the child was conceived in her womb; that is, in Mary's ovary. That is when the "...word was made flesh...". You see, the word was not transformed into flesh, but in effect it clothed itself in humanity!

So now we can see that scripture fulfilled before our eyes: "In the beginning (of creation) was the Word (which God spoke), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The Word and God (the Father) are inseparable, and cannot be divided. That is why we, even in our fleshly minds, can recognize someone by his voice or the way he expresses himself, and by his writings! We hear the voice and say, "Why, that's Joe!" And when one is in the Spirit, he will speak and the hearer will recognize the voice of God: "The sheep hear my voice..."!

That is what Jesus meant when he said, "...yet it is not I that do it, but the Father (Word) that dwells in me, He does the works."
We need to differentiate between the son and the Word. When they came to arrest Jesus, he asked: "whom seek you?" They answered that they sought Jesus of Nazareth. When Jesus said, "I am...": they fell back to the ground! Why? Because it was the Word in the man that spoke! Did you not hear? "The flesh profits nothing; it is the Spirit that gives life." Jesus asked again, "Whom do you seek?" Again they said they sought Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus (the man) answered: "I am he." Nothing happened, and they arrested Jesus.

When we read the scriptures, we must differentiate between who is speaking: whether it's the Word (the Spirit of God), or "...the man, Christ Jesus." And when a person speaks by the Holy Spirit, we will also recognize the Voice of the Shephard: even the Word by which we were begotten to become the sons (and daughters) of God.

Walk in His Love, Beloved.

They are different. The "son" is the flesh (body). Scriptures tell us that all the essence of that which is God dwelt in the body of the person, Jesus the Christ: "For in him dwells all the fullness of the godhead, bodily." Again, the scriptures speak to us: "For God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself." So God was not in God, reconciling the world: He was in the body of the Christ! Now the question becomes: when did God inhabit the body. The answer is quite simple: it happened when the angel came to a virgin girl named Mary. The angel was sent with a commandment (word), and when the angel spoke the commandment (word), the child was conceived in her womb; that is, in Mary's ovary. That is when the "...word was made flesh...". You see, the word was not transformed into flesh, but in effect it clothed itself in humanity!

So now we can see that scripture fulfilled before our eyes: "In the beginning (of creation) was the Word (which God spoke), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The Word and God (the Father) are inseparable, and cannot be divided. That is why we, even in our fleshly minds, can recognize someone by his voice or the way he expresses himself, and by his writings! We hear the voice and say, "Why, that's Joe!" And when one is in the Spirit, he will speak and the hearer will recognize the voice of God: "The sheep hear my voice..."!

That is what Jesus meant when he said, "...yet it is not I that do it, but the Father (Word) that dwells in me, He does the works."
We need to differentiate between the son and the Word. When they came to arrest Jesus, he asked: "whom seek you?" They answered that they sought Jesus of Nazareth. When Jesus said, "I am...": they fell back to the ground! Why? Because it was the Word in the man that spoke! Did you not hear? "The flesh profits nothing; it is the Spirit that gives life." Jesus asked again, "Whom do you seek?" Again they said they sought Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus (the man) answered: "I am he." Nothing happened, and they arrested Jesus.

When we read the scriptures, we must differentiate between who is speaking: whether it's the Word (the Spirit of God), or "...the man, Christ Jesus." And when a person speaks by the Holy Spirit, we will also recognize the Voice of the Shephard: even the Word by which we were begotten to become the sons (and daughters) of God.

Walk in His Love, Beloved.
I am more confused than ever. It say the father that dwells in me. Ok god dwells in us to. Does that make us god? Of course not. So if the father dwelled in Jesus does that make him god? No. Just like the case with us.

I am more confused than ever. It say the father that dwells in me. Ok god dwells in us to. Does that make us god? Of course not. So if the father dwelled in Jesus does that make him god? No. Just like the case with us.

Do you believe everything in the bible is truth? Or do you believe in some of it and other stuff isn't possible?

Is the Father not God? (Yes) Did I say that the "son" - the body - is God? (No)
Beloved, you need to read and listen to the words!

The bible shows us that three distinct people form the Holy Trinity: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. However, there is only one God.
While God the Father was working with His people on earth, He announced the coming if the Messiah, God the Son, the Saviour of mankind. Isaiah 9:6; 'For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Princee of Peace'.
When Jesus was born, God the Father began to speak through His Son.
Hebrews 1.1:2; 'God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds'.
Before Jesus was born of the virgin Mary by the work and grace of the Holy Spirit, He had already been sitting on the throne of glory.
God the Son stripped Himself of His glory in order to become the 'Lamb' and shed His blood for all those who accept Him as Lord and Saviour. Those who do not accept Him as Lord and Saviour do not have the right to receive eternal salvation.
The Lord Jesus Christ made Himself an Advocate with the Father, to defend and grant salvation to all those who sincerely accept Him as the only Saviour and God.
God the Son came into the world to save those who believe in Him through the preaching of His Holy Word. He said to His disciples, 'Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He whi believes and is baptised will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned' (Mark 16.15:16.)
In the same way that the Father sent the Son, the Son sent the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God the Father and God the Son.
The Holy Spirit of the Living God, whom the Son promised to send to live within each one of us, so that we could enjoy eternal life, like the Father and the Son.

Do you believe everything in the bible is truth? Or do you believe in some of it and other stuff isn't possible?
It's not a question if I believe in everything that's in it. It's that I analyze everything. Always look beyond and for more than what is on the surface. Read between the lines you might say.

It's not a question if I believe in everything that's in it. It's that I analyze everything. Always look beyond and for more than what is on the surface. Read between the lines you might say.

the reason I ask is because you don't believe Jesus is God. Just wanted to see what else you didn't believe about the bible

the reason I ask is because you don't believe Jesus is God. Just wanted to see what else you didn't believe about the bible
No I don't believe that. Maybe it's not a matter of believing or not. I just look at it in a different way. Jesus had gods spirit so do we. The Holy Spirit is with us now. So...to me it only makes sense that god is god, Jesus is gods son, we are his children and the Holy Spirit is the little voice we hear that warns us and tells us things. I know not everyone can hear it but some can. I learned long ago to never ignore it because it's always right. Jesus on the other hand is like a mediator between us and god. That's just the way I choose to look at it.

This thread seems to have got a bit derailed from its original purpose. Now its about what @magdelena understands about the phrase "Jesus is God" ?

I think we make things too complicated. I just say I believe Matt 3:16-17. It simplifies a lot.

Back