To parents of multiple children

To parents of multiple children

Hello, I am the mother of 3 beautiful girls. They are all 4 years apart. My husband and I are HAPPILY married...it's rare these days and noone ever believes us when we tell me that, but we have been married for 10 years and the only thing that has changed is our weight HAHA! Anyways, I've been reading alot lately on the "quickening" we feel in our hearts when the Lord is calling us to do something. I feel that whenever I think of having more children. I read about mothers here -violet - who have 8 children and think how blessed you are and I see myself saying that someday. But everyone else opposes to it. They think the world is already overpopulated, they think we already have enough on our plates and mostly they think I must be nuts. I honestly feel scared of having more than the 3 that I have now. I worry that we won't be able to provide the love they would all need and I worry about us financially....and about my energy level since my husband is a truck driver and away all the time I'd be doign it alone. But I also feel that "quickening" an urging to have more.

How do you determine the right thing to do? I guess I know the answer is to trust in the Lord but I worry that I might be mistaking my own desires for the Lords.

This is probably quite confusing isn't it. I guess that's why I'm here. LOL

Hiya, I, like Violet, have eight children!
Only three were born post Christianity.
I believe the 'over population myth is just that, a myth.
I read some excellent writings regarding this on one of the creation sites, will try and remember where.
I strongly believe the enemy opposes Christians having large families, and we all know why.
Be led by God and you will know when you have had the quota He has given to you.
I always am so glad He led me onto have my younger three,
if He hadnt I wouldnt know the joy of having daughters
(my older five are all boys) I would never have known my littlest ones sparkling eyes or infectious smile.
I would never have seen my middle boy grow in the things of the Lord.
I say 'go for it 'girl, be led by the Spirit, and dont fear man.
God bless

Kids are awesome. They certainly are a blessing from our Father.

Don;t feel bad. My wife and I are in our mid 20s. We've been married for 5 years. And we are having... wait for it... our 4TH in about two weeks.

At this point we want o hold off and keep out current 4 children, 2 girls and 2 boys. But what ever the Lord has for us, we will take.

Also, if it is the Lord's will that you have 17 children, He will provide the support, finances and the patience. That last one is hard to keep, BTW.

God bless and trust in the Lord!
Johnathan

BTW, both my wife and I wanted a large family so this isn't just my idea...

Treshey,

I think all 4 of my children are great! OK, there were days when I would have hesitated on that - but honestly, they are great.

I believe that children are a blessing from the Lord, as stated in Scripture. I also believe that Satan would try anything to have less blessings come into the world. If it is the myth of over population or any other myth - Satan would propogate it!

Don't worry about what others will say - seek God on this and follow His leading.

Did I mention that kids are great? Mine are 16, 20, 23, 24. One is married and one getting married this June.

treshay said:
Hello, I am the mother of 3 beautiful girls. They are all 4 years apart.

My three are also all a little over 4 years apart each..... and now I am expecting my fourth, and this my youngest is only going on 2! I broke the pattern. When we found out we were expecting, my oldest said to me, "I thought we weren't having one for a couple more years." I had to tell her that sometimes babies just come when we don't expect them.:p

We have 3 and plan for one more and all our extened families think were nut, but really whos business is it any how? Ours and the Lords.

I have 2 wonderful children, a boy and a girl. I have talked with many parents who had children unexpectadly. Some got married because the wife got pregnant. I think that if you want more children, the key is that is what you and your husband want. God will provide for you and will guide you just make sure that the additional kids are what you both want. My wife and I were married first. We began our lives together and then "decided" to have children. I think that is what makes all the difference in the world :)

We had 3- it was a good number for us. We did nothing to prevent out r kids and they came as God willed. We never had enough but at the same time we always had more than enough. Who can figure the wonderful ways God works things out for His children.:)

We both agreed after we were married that we wanted 4. Will see if that happens though, I have PCOS and have had 5 chemical pregnancys. Id love to adopt a 4th child but cost is a problem there.

Okay, what is "PCOS". And what is a "chemical pregancy"?
PCOS is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, you can google it. I have a mild case it causes me to produce poor quality eggs. Its getting worse with age. Since I have poor eggs they get fertilized and then either don't implant or die shortly after implanting. So I can get a positive pregnancy test (which is why its called a chemical pregnancy) but then get my period days later any how. Lots of women who don't test when this happens may just figure they were late. I also have very iregular cycles, some as long as 50+ days and some normal 28-30 days and every thing inbetween. I was on metformin before I had my youngest, some how it improves egg quality.

ETA: Untill recently home pregnancy tests were not sesitive enought to catch this happening.

Big Families are great in God's family. I personally have a medium sized Family I have four children ages 7, 16, 17 and 18. My 16 and 18 year old girls are adopted we have considered adopting more. My oldest daughter just graduated high school and will be starting college soon. My youngest is the only boy. He has his hands full with his big sisters.

PCOS is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, you can google it. I have a mild case it causes me to produce poor quality eggs. Its getting worse with age. Since I have poor eggs they get fertilized and then either don't implant or die shortly after implanting. So I can get a positive pregnancy test (which is why its called a chemical pregnancy) but then get my period days later any how. Lots of women who don't test when this happens may just figure they were late. I also have very iregular cycles, some as long as 50+ days and some normal 28-30 days and every thing inbetween. I was on metformin before I had my youngest, some how it improves egg quality.

ETA: Untill recently home pregnancy tests were not sesitive enought to catch this happening.
Thanks for the information.

I didn't realize how old you are. You're my age. :)

Well, pray about it. But, understand that with women of our age, there are a lot of problems anyway, as we're on the verge of getting rid of the oldest and worst eggs, before we're done. (my doctor explained this to me the other day...sorry if the way I'm saying it is not as eloquent)

It's none of my business whether or not you have children this late in your life. I'll keep my opinion about it to myself.

God bless you, whatever you and your husband choose to do. And remember, your worth as a woman is not wholey wrapped up in your being able to procreate. Life runs in phases. This is the end of that phase for you. Best to try to wrap your mind around that.

It's all good Wisdom. God has already blessed us with three very energetic kids. If he decides on giving us a fourth, then we'll welcome him (or her) when the time comes. Besides, we have names picked out already. Rebbekah if it's a girl, and Micah if it's a boy. Notice the theme? :D

I think this is a question only you can answer. Pray and the Lord will answer your prayers one way or another. My wife and I tried for the longest time for our third child and it never happened. Strange how the first two were no problems, but not the third. We did some testing, but decided not to do anything expensive or intrusive. The Lord was telling us enough. I love my two kids and realize 10 years later that my cup is running over with love.

Like many of you my husband and I left it to God and we had 3, one every 10 years. When the last one was born on my 40th birthday I got a few comments on how crazy I was but now those same people tell me they wished they'd had more.
I agree with praying and leaving it to God.

Back