Today, I have decided on Christianity and i have a coulle of questions

Hi everyone, my real name is Ervin and I live in Melbourne, Australia( this is in case someone wants to say a prayer for me, I would appreciate that).

My father was a Montenegrin Muslim( bosnyak) and my mom is an orthodox Christian. Both of them non religious.

I have practiced Sunni Islam in the past and one other form. I have also practised Buddhism, since Buddhism was a first religion that I was involved in as an adult.
For approx last eleven years I have had schizophrenia and bipolar( the one where I only get highs, no lows).

Now, I have spoken against God. Both in public and to friends. I have done other serious sins that saw me in prison for four years and on and on.

I am sorry and I am seeking God Yahweh' s forgiveness.
My question is: Have I committed an blasphemy against the Holy Spirit? And what is blasphemy against the Holy spirit?

The other question is what's your opinion on Jehovah's Witnesses since I am planning on joining and getting baptized as one of them? I have never been baptized before.

Thanks

Ervin

Welcome to the family of Christ.

About the blasphemy is calling evil what God does. So what does the Holy Spirit do? His job is to point us to Jesus and the work of Jesus. The Holy Spirit's job is to convict us of sin and show us the payment Jesus made for that sin. When we reject that prompting we are calling the Holy Spirit a liar because we don't believe Him. The blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is rejecting His message. Until you're last breath, you have a chance to believe Him and get saved. Once one dies, then the sin of disbelief cannot be forgiven. That's what that is all about.

Hi everyone, my real name is Ervin and I live in Melbourne, Australia( this is in case someone wants to say a prayer for me, I would appreciate that).

My father was a Montenegrin Muslim( bosnyak) and my mom is an orthodox Christian. Both of them non religious.

I have practiced Sunni Islam in the past and one other form. I have also practised Buddhism, since Buddhism was a first religion that I was involved in as an adult.
For approx last eleven years I have had schizophrenia and bipolar( the one where I only get highs, no lows).

Now, I have spoken against God. Both in public and to friends. I have done other serious sins that saw me in prison for four years and on and on.

My question is: Have I committed an blasphemy against the Holy Spirit? And what is blasphemy against the Holy spirit?

The other question is what's your opinion on Jehovah's Witnesses since I am planning on joining and getting baptized as one of them? I have never been baptized before.

Thanks

Ervin
Hi Peki, If I was you I would stay away from the Jehovah's Witnesses. They will only lead you deeper into darkness, even though they come off as being very nice people.
Try and find like a Baptist, Assemblies of God, sort of Church. No to Mormons for sure. You will not find any JW here on this forum, and I doubt any Mormon either. There are also a lot of non denominational Church's that teach the Bible. You need to learn the basics of Christianity before you discover the right Church for you. Pretty much all Baptist Church,s are a safe place to start, even though I do not agree with some of their teachings.
If you do not know how to become a Christian, this is what the Bible tells us to do.

Rom 10:9.. That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10.. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

If, or when you do this tell someone as a wittiness to what you have done.

Thanks Abdicate. I was very concerned about my sinning , and now I feel like I am in a rush to decide on a church, get baptized and the rest( I am still a little bit concerned). I am also thinking of the Church of Christ. I find hell is something I dont want to exist because some people I love haven't accepted Christ, etc.

Thanks

Thanks CCW95A, while you posted I was answering abdicate, how about the Australian Church of Christ?

Thanks Abdicate. I was very concerned about my sinning , and now I feel like I am in a rush to decide on a church, get baptized and the rest( I am still a little bit concerned). I am also thinking of the Church of Christ. I find hell is something I dont want to exist because some people I love haven't accepted Christ, etc.

Thanks
Peki, most people who come to Jesus Christ is not because they don't want to go to Hell, but because we know we are sinners and need a savior to rescue us from our sins. Not going to hell is one of the benefits of becoming a child of God. :) I think the Church of Christ would be OK place to learn the basics.

Thanks

Ervin
Hi Ervin! That is my son's middle name!

As I understand blaspheming the Holy Spirit, you cannot commit the sin of blaspheming the Holy Spirit unless you have been indwelt by the Holy Spirit. You must have experienced the Spirit and then turned around and deny His power and/or existence and as a result lead others astray.

Be careful of the Jehovah's witnesses. They do not follow parts of the Bible. They deny the parts which state Jesus was and is part of God. They deny hat God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are all essences of God. They try to take parts of the Bible and try to make it mean this, while ignoring John chapter 1 which makes understanding Jesus is God very clear.
They also do not believe in everyone having an eternal soul. Again, by reading the entire Bible, you will understand people have eternal souls.

Getting baptized is great. It is your public testimony that you trust Jesus as your personal Savior. I don't know if the Jehovah's Witnesses believe that or not.
I would recommend that you do some research into where the Jehovah's Witness are wrong on the teachings of the Bible before you decide to join them. On the other hand, I do see why some are drawn to want to join them. They always seem friendly and passionate about their beliefs.

I find hell is something I dont want to exist because some people I love haven't accepted Christ, etc.
If they have not heard the Truth of Jesus, they will get a chance.
1 Peter 4: 6 For this reason the gospel was preached also to those who are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

Also 1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit, 19 by whom also He went and preached to the spirits in prison, 20 who formerly were disobedient,

Thanks

The wonderful thing about God is that as soon as you accept His Son as Lord and Savior then all your sins are forgiven. Your spirit is reborn and Everything is under the Blood that Jesus shed to redeem you. To give you the ability to commune with Him like Adam did in thr garden of Eden prior to his sin. The only thing to do from there is to learn all that you can about Jesus and how much you are loved, and what belongs to you as an heir to the throne of the Living God.

I recommend to not rush into any church but to really spend some time absorbing the Word of God. Specifically the new testament. And as you are getting to know your Savior then do some searching on line to the different denominations, to find out what they are all about, before and all the while praying and asking God where you should be attending church. He will show you where He wants you.

Begin to treat Jesus like He is your best friend and that is what He will become. Also begin to pray for your loved ones and friends who have not made Jesus their Lord yet. And by your life and your talking about Jesus who you are going to get to know, they will be able to learn of Him if they are interested.

I agree with the others jehovah's witness are ones you may want to stay away from. Austrailian Church of Christ i am not sure of...but the ones in america are pretty good.

Something also to mention...the rush you feel is probably the devil. He wants you to make a rash and quick decision. Decisions like that often end up mistakes, because its more difficult to hear the Lord's leading. So take your time soaking it in prayer and allow God to lead and guide you.

God bless you abundantly!

Thanks everyone, I feel really good after reading your posts. I would like to say that I already have some knowledge of the Bible and different churches. I have heard from someone many years ago about the Church of Christ is good over here.
However, you brothers and sisters have much better knowledge of the Bible and the churches, which is why I'm looking for your advice.
How about the Australian Baptist Church?

Thanks

Thanks

Ervin

Any blasphemy anyone has committed---and any sin whatsoever----is forgiven when one repents of one's sins and turns away from them having accepted Jesus Christ as one's personal Saviour and Lord. Anyone who is repentant will not have committed such a sin, for those who would become so degenerate as to insult the Spirit of God who reveals the truth to us, will never repent, and is utterly closed off to Him.

Jehovah's Witnesses is a cult and its biblical distortions are notorious. If you have received Jesus Christ as your Saviour, you need to get into a bible-believing and bible-teaching church...and one which doesn't deny the work of the Holy Spirit, and steer very clear of Jehovah's Witnesses.

1. I have done other serious sins that saw me in prison for four years and on and on.

2. My question is: Have I committed an blasphemy against the Holy Spirit? And what is blasphemy against the Holy spirit?

3. The other question is what's your opinion on Jehovah's Witnesses since I am planning on joining and getting baptized as one of them? I have never been baptized before.

Thanks Ervin
1. We all sin. The issue is whether you hate or love it Rom 12:9. There are people that love it and will be in hell as a result John 3:19. Those that hate it, repent. God finds those that truthfully repent Psalm 51:17. In the NT God reveals Himself to us as Jesus. God died on the cross for you and I as Jesus. Hence by no other name can man be saved / reconciled with God.

2. No. If you have you would be dead and in hell right now.

3. Jehovah Witnesses are not the worst religion / Christian spin off out there. I certainly have respect for them. A few of my friends are. But they are not following the bible as it is written to us. I believe they are very guilty of Rev 22:18. Best to just avoid.

Thanks everyone for your advice. However, I am still not convinced that Jehovah's witnesses are not true Christians.

Thanks

Thanks everyone for your advice. However, I am still not convinced that Jehovah's witnesses are not true Christians.

Thanks

Jehovah's Witness are absolutely not true Christians, they do not believe that Jesus Christ was 100% God, they believe that he was the archangel Michael. They also have a different bible than what evangelicals use

Hi Ervin,

Had a thought earlier and felt led to pass it along to you. If you want to hear the uncompromised Word of God preached and taught....try kcm Austrailia...www.kcm.org.au

God bless

Thanks everyone for your advice. However, I am still not convinced that Jehovah's witnesses are not true Christians. Thanks

What makes you want to be a JW? What research have you done? Is a good friend of yours one?

There is a scripture that we all need to take rather seriously Phil 2:12 ''Continue to work out your salvation in fear and trembling''. We need to scrutinize our belief properly.

Last edited:

Thanks

Ervin
Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is the rejection of the Lord Jesus Christ as your Saviour. Rejecting Christ is the sin of un-belief and unbelief is the only sin you can not be forgiven of if you die in your sins.

Please my friend reject the Jehovah Witnesses!!!! They are NOT A CHRISTIAN faith at all. They are a Christ rejecting CULT!
They do not believe that Jesus is the Christ.
They do not believe that Jesus is the Son of God.
They do not believe in the Trinity.
They do not believe in Heaven.
They do not believe in hell.

I can go on and on but I think you get the picture. YOU have a computer, do the homework yourself and then ask yourself if they sound Biblical to you. You can not reject the things I posted above and be a Christian.

Back