Traveling home

haha I guess it's how doctors and nurses feel about the way a medical clinic is portrayed in the nz tv soap Shortland Street.
The actual Shortland Street in Auckland does NOT have an A & E clinic.

Woe betide the patients if it actually did because the traffic in the CBD would be so bad the ambulances could never get there!

(it's actually filmed a few blocks away from where I live in a cul de sac behind some factories)
Ok, I had to look up what "Woe betide" actually meant. Have never heard (read) this before.

Living in Miami, we have film crews here all the time (well, pre-covid). Ok, this is really cool. They just finished a new movie called "The Tomorrow War." Is i based on a future war and the setting is Miami, FL. You ca actually see what the city of Miami would look like in the future (Not Pretty):

Future Miami.JPG

Here is a real picture of a building known as "Freedom Tower" and an after picture:

Freedom towar 1.JPG Freedom towar 2.JPG
Pretty cool stuff and I already now that my office building will not be around in the future.

Rtm

Being close to a larger city probably gives more opportunity to see city and street scenes that your familiar with in TV series and movies. Here in Seattle I've seen Seattle depicted in some movies and TV series as well. Sometimes accurately but not always. It's interesting that sometimes they will give a town or city they use another name so as not to bring bad publicity to a city.

What amazing structures of man. Thanks for the pics Bob. It would have been a pleasant time exploring with your wife.

Then it is a sobering thought that in a few years these tall buildings will all fall as God has said. `...and the cities of the nations fell.` (Rev. 16: 19)
But by then we will all be truly HOME.

That's if the earthquakes don't hit first. 🤣 We're in California. lol!

Auckland has volcanoes.
Quite close by. It's built on dormant ones.
And its by the coast, so, if a tsunami did hit we'd get it from both sides.

But probably Auckland's downfall won't be from those worst case scenarios. I think it will probably be from air pollution (we will all suffocate from our car fumes) or sewage system break down (it will all go into the harbour, and poison all our fish, and we will all die) Our Kauri trees are already dying.

Though I want to believe in miracles so maybe that won't happen, we will convert to electric hydrogen cars, there will be no fumes, and all the carbon will get sequestered, and our trees will grow back even taller, and we'll have super composting bio digesters and live a zero waste lifestyle, where nobody will buy or sell anything because everyone will always have enough food, clothing and shelter and nobody will ever goes without.

And I could go out and catch a crayfish, or a snapper, and eat oysters for breakfast because the harbour will always be so clean.

Back