Treating Others The Way You Want To Be Treated

I understand...I have a sister-in-law (non wild cat temper type thought) also in this New Age mess. The only thing that has worked for us is non-preachy love and attention, even when she withdraws. My wife is big into "smother folks with love and attention and leave the preaching alone"....It works.

My take on things like this: forgive and forget. I myself do that in a very short amount of time. Also, do not hold grudges, because as time goes on, your hate of that person will I crease. Speaking of hate, do not do that either. Throughout most if not all of my life up to this point, I have not hated another person even when they wrong me. I also say respect other's beliefs (I.e religion and politics). Wouldn't you like your beliefs respected? I would guess yes. This also goes towards trying to overly convert someone to our faith. If they don't want to be Christians, don't ask them over and over again, don't spew Bible verses out at them (since when is anybody really impressed that you know a couple of words from a boo), and actually practice the faith (being more like Christ). Lastly, no judging (or at least, negative judgement).

P.S. this is basically my introduction to who I am post. Have a great day!

Welcome! How do you do that (forget) and forgive when that person betrayed you and they seem to have no care or concern in the world. I have a Facebook friend that I really want to deactivate because it bothers me immensely that she is now buddy buddy (more so than myself) to the friends I introduced her to right when she got back from Hawaii after after been away for five years. September is when I started introducing her to my girlfriends and it just really bothers me to see their posts. Should I keep her on when the anger is there every time I see it and think that she is so fake and not a true woman of Christ! or should I keep her on trying to forgive. Sorry, but betrayal is one thing I cannot stand for anything. Once someone (especially someone trusted) does that, it's so hard to forgive them IF they don't apologize. She doesn't take responsibility. Sorry for venting, Not sure what to do in this case. I'm angry and hurt when I should be grateful and feel blessed that I'm even alive.

I understand...I have a sister-in-law (non wild cat temper type thought) also in this New Age mess. The only thing that has worked for us is non-preachy love and attention, even when she withdraws. My wife is big into "smother folks with love and attention and leave the preaching alone"....It works.

True. Very few people can stay angry at a happy, loving individual.

Actually...for me...a well rounded parent lives their life WITH that someone else. Being absorbed by children of husbands is a trap that will leave your walk with God hampered.

Yup..make Christ the #1 relationship # 2 spouse #3 Kids...that's the Bible way anyway....

I am still terribly angry at the betrayal of seemingly close friends. How do I get over this? How do I let go of the anger in my heart? I'm praying but it's not going away.

I am still terribly angry at the betrayal seemingly close friends. How do I get over this? How do I let go of the Angry my heart? I'm praying but it's not going away.
Sometimes it takes a while. Just because you're praying doesn't mean it's going to happen immediately. :) Keep praying until you see something happen, keep praying that God changes your heart.

It's normal being angry and hurt by the betrayal of your friends. You just got to be patient. Maybe instead of asking God to help you heal and ask how long it's going to take, start asking, "What are You trying to teach me?" Lessons from God doesn't always come through butterflies and rainbow, but through trials and pain.

It will take time. You just got to be patient. Maybe make a choice today to rest in His love, to just rest in Him. It'll change your perspective :)

Study humility....

Try this:

Meditate on the power of God; ask yourself 'what is He capable off?'

And ask yourself; 'what did He do for me?'

Happy Easter!:)